The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citizens United and the Senate Judiciary

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Who determines viable?
    Good point, but how about this for a solution :

1. set a number, say 10MM, if your campaign can raise that much then you get matching funds

2. if the candidate finishes in the top 3 in the majority of the primaries, then I think they are viable

3. get rid of the caucus system, they are a joke

4. make the vote count
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I absolutely HATE the primary system....with all due respect to the constituents of Iowa and SoCarolina, they are NOT the pulse of the country

I think we should have a regional or even a National primary,I do not like that the nomination may already be a forgone conclusion by the time I get to vote
    I agree. No one state or few states should be dictating who is viable candidate.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Good point, but how about this for a solution :

1. set a number, say 10MM, if your campaign can raise that much then you get matching funds
    Special Interest loves buying candidates. I'm fine with a dollar amount as long as it comes from The People only.

2. if the candidate finishes in the top 3 in the majority of the primaries, then I think they are viable
    Have one Primary and make it a National one.

3. get rid of the caucus system, they are a joke
    Agreed

4. make the vote count
    In red...////
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

so, some of us do not like the national rifle association?
    so, some of us do not like ducks unlimited or delta wf?

i think it's nice that i can send $35 each year and know i will have lobbyists doing their little lobby things for me and others like me. i see unions and corporate pacs the same. how is it that like minded individuals pooling resources to achieve goals is bad? does all money not come from "the people"?
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post

i think it's nice that i can send $35 each year and know i will have lobbyists doing their little lobby things for me and others like me. i see unions and corporate pacs the same. how is it that like minded individuals pooling resources to achieve goals is bad? does all money not come from "the people"?
    Huge difference between the interest of say a DU and Monsanto or Archer Daniels Midland.

I have no problem with a non-profit. But when say a multi-billion dollar company like a Pfiser is looking for tax breaks at the expense of the working class, than I have a problem with it. They write the Tax Code, get the tax breaks and all of the benefits!

It is a tough line to draw but Corporatism is killing this country. We need to return to Capitalism where everyone has an opportunity. Not just the ones that can afford to buy influence.

Last edited by Franco; 07-14-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post

There are some lobbyists that are out there working hard to preserve my rights under the Constituition...then there are some guys like Mr. Steve Bechtel whom I thanked in person for all he has donated to Delta Waterfowl...a little known fact is that Lanse's father was one of the original financial backers of Ducks Unlimited

Lobbyists have their place, good and bad...but the adage "...whoever pays the fiddler, calls the tune.." scares the heck out of me...for all I know they might prefer the Dixie Chicks or Pink and I prefer Carrie Underwood,Faith Hill,Reba McEntire or George Strait or Alabama (the band not the team)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"