RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hunting Dog Shot While on Leash.

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  rboudet 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It appears to me that the land owner pointed a loaded weapon in the direction of the dog, and the man working the dog. I'm glad the jury awarded the owner the money and I hope it financially ruins the man who killed the dog. But there were human lives threatened and I can't believe the guy with the loaded gun didn't get charged criminally, convicted and given a nice orange jump suit to wear for a few years.

#4 · (Edited)
Before I got Ted I was into **** hunting for years...
My treeing walker
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed

That landowner is reason enough that abortion should be legal, heck mandatory in some locals.
What is wrong with people???

as an aside I was offered blank checks for Ted, there was no dollar amount that could have bought him.
I would give everything I have for one more peaceful day with him...

#6 ·
Wow! the guy woulda had to shoot me cause as soon as he threatened to do it, I would have been between the dog and the asshole!

#12 ·
Gibson said **** dogs cannot be called off once they tree; they have to be pulled off by hand and leashed.
Really? I wonder if Mr Gibson will review his training (or non-training) policy after this event. We can call retrievers off a running bird and teach Springers to sit on a rabbit flush, are **** hounds in the land of the electric collar so very different?

I agree that charges should have been brought for endangerment; I would have very severely endangered him and pleaded guilty. ;)

Eug

#13 ·
Coonhounds most certainly can be called off a track....
now if your coonhound is running trash like deer, you may not call him off but you have bigger problems than just obedience with a dog running trash...
coonhound "GOT":
trash = bad

oh and Coin was Amish too... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.