The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2014 (GDG)

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    One of my son's graduated from Mississippi State.....he lives and dies SEC, but although MSU has improved their program, they are not competitive with the 'big dogs' in the SEC!
    Yeah but on the upside, the Bullies ain't lost to Maine (Maine...) in at least five years - plus, it's been 45 fading years of trauma since I had to console my pal the MSU head coach's kid after Houston (Houston!) whupped 'em 74-0.

MG

Coach Strong is cleaning house in Austin, he has dismissed FIVE players from the team in the last 48 hrs for various infractions from alleged sexual assaults to academic failures
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Hard to admit it, but the SEC rules college football. Many generations ago the old 'big 8' ruled with Nebraska and Oklahoma! Boy are those days gone.....
    One of my son's graduated from Mississippi State.....he lives and dies SEC, but although MSU has improved their program, they are not competitive with the 'big dogs' in the SEC! I enjoy watch good college football...but it was more fun when I had a conference that I loved.....
    Well you are wrong again. FSU rules college football right now. They are the National Champs and de-throned the SEC.

I never got the conference love. SEC teams are notorious for rooting for their conference. They will pull for their hated enemy just so they can brag about the SEC. Look at TAMU. They have been in the conference a couple years and already run around bragging about being an SEC team when they haven't even won a thing within the conference. Bragging on your conference is like bragging that your neighbors wife is hot.

Wrong. The SEC dominated CFB for The BCS Era & it'll only get worse for you wannabe bandwagon smucks. Riding Jimbo's success in TX & claiming to be a fan? Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

Quote Originally Posted by Migillicutty View Post
    Well you are wrong again. FSU rules college football right now. They are the National Champs and de-throned the SEC.

I never got the conference love. SEC teams are notorious for rooting for their conference. They will pull for their hated enemy just so they can brag about the SEC. Look at TAMU. They have been in the conference a couple years and already run around bragging about being an SEC team when they haven't even won a thing within the conference. Bragging on your conference is like bragging that your neighbors wife is hot.
    My neighbors wife is hot... But mine is hotter
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Coach Strong is cleaning house in Austin, he has dismissed FIVE players from the team in the last 48 hrs for various infractions from alleged sexual assaults to academic failures
    Good article in SI about Coach Strong - I wish him all the success a good man should have!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Lots of dismissals and arrests going on. Aggies have certainly had more than their share. The one that tops the cake is a five star recruit on a visit gets caught stealing in a dorm . I think this was at GA.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Wrong. The SEC dominated CFB for The BCS Era & it'll only get worse for you wannabe bandwagon smucks. Riding Jimbo's success in TX & claiming to be a fan? Riiiigggghhhhtttt.
    Haha, that is funny, "bandwagon smucks" huh?

Let's see, my degree says FSU, my wife's degree says FSU, my brother has two degrees from FSU(his wife's says FSU), my dad went to law school at FSU after working his way through college while serving in the military. He has been a booster for 30 years now. I attended every home game but one over an 11 year stretch. I went to every FSU/UF game home or away for 15 years. I was there attending games as a kid back in the late 80s when the first dynasty run started. I've attended numerous away games throughout the years, ACC Championship games and bowl games. I attended both the 93 and 99 national championships.

Oh yeah I almost forgot one of the biggest reasons I am a fan. I passed on multiple scholarship offers so I could walk on at FSU.

So you can take bandwagon and shove it.

The SEC is very good at the top. After that not so much. FSU did just fine in the BCS era and that was with the very difficult time as legendary Bobby Bowden was transitioning out. 4 BCS national championship game appearances and two titles.
    Last edited by Migillicutty; 07-25-2014 at 01:18 PM.

I don't get why all the good Florida teams aren't in the SEC while far away teams in Texas and Arkansas are. To a NW Montana football fan like me that would make as much sense as North Dakota being in the PAC 12 without Washington. How many SEC teams are there anyway? Couldn't hurt to add a couple of those Florida power houses and really dominate the Nation.

only thirty four days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutty talkin' big, sho 'nuff smack sports fans. plus he has all the fsu credentials. he is justifiably pleased with the 'noles current position atop the world of college football. imho, give the victor's fan a little space.

he has no reason to be concerned. note that his credentials didn't mention currently having 1) a daughter in school or 2) an ongoing seafood business in 'hassee!
    john mccallie