The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2014 (GDG)

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    cutty talkin' big, sho 'nuff smack sports fans. plus he has all the fsu credentials.
    Know a little about walk-on Seminoles as my brother may have been right there with 'cutty. But perp-walk Criminoles up to the present including Shame-Us Jameis of my very own hometown are a lot more fun to think of as the real FSU "dynasty" with Free Shoes U evolving into Free Seafood U, and all of the more serious transgressions in between.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Know a little about walk-on Seminoles as my brother may have been right there with 'cutty. But perp-walk Criminoles up to the present including Shame-Us Jameis of my very own hometown are a lot more fun to think of as the real FSU "dynasty" with Free Shoes U evolving into Free Seafood U, and all of the more serious transgressions in between.

MG
    Now that's funny...
    Bill Davis

The face of "Free Shoes U" was Derrick Brooks. I think he turned out alright.

FSU is not immune to kids making mistakes. Plenty of great players were punished accordingly and kicked off the team, think Randy Moss. Every other major university has had their share of problems.

I think Jameis will be fine. He had sex with a cleat chaser, not a crime. Jimbo claimed it was an honest mistake at ACC media days about the crab legs. However, Jameis never made an excuse and paid for it with a baseball suspension(much worse than the typical SEC, you can't participate in voluntary summer work out suspensions), and did his community service. In the grand scheme of things this is not earth shattering. Stupid, yep. Warranting any further punishments other than the internal stuff, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Migillicutty View Post
    Doubt it.

Hey are they going to buy their way out of any contracts with teams they are afraid to play this year? You might be too young to remember them cutting a huge check to FSU because they were scared to play us(twice). I won't ever forget and thus they will always be the war chickens. Man it was fun crushing their dreams in the championship game last year. Go Noles!!
    With the Criminoles schedule, us chickens would be in the top 4 year in and year out. Must be nice to play 12 JUCO teams during reg season.
    Hunt Hard, Dream Big, Aim Small
    Matthew 6:26
    War Eagle's AJ Abigail "Abbie"

Someone mentioned UGA being competitive this year & they usually are but can't win the big one when needed of late. And this year since Richt has kicked the starting defensive backfield off the team (& Auburn has signed them), I thing the Bulldogs will be a little green on defense & won't have enough offense to make up for it against a tough division. I'll be pulling for the Dogs but have lowered my expectations.
    David Didier, GA

& on a lighter note - the Longhorn's football media guide managed to spell the name Texas wrong 200 times.
    Hiring players to moonlight as proof readers doesn't always work .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Pugh View Post
    With the Criminoles schedule, us chickens would be in the top 4 year in and year out. Must be nice to play 12 JUCO teams during reg season.
    Is that big talk about ifs and buts, like all the big talk before the national championship game about getting FSU to the 4th qtr.?

Do you need a little reminder? I'm in a giving mood, so here you go, now run along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you sit atop the world of football cutty! we, the little people, the minions, have but one request. as you look down upon the masses, please oh please cutty, post a picture of the ring on jameis finger so that we might kneel and kiss it.
    john mccallie

Now all you have to do is repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Migillicutty View Post
    Is that big talk about ifs and buts, like all the big talk before the national championship game about getting FSU to the 4th qtr.?

Do you need a little reminder? I'm in a giving mood, so here you go, now run along.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    you sit atop the world of football cutty! we, the little people, the minions, have but one request. as you look down upon the masses, please oh please cutty, post a picture of the ring on jameis finger so that we might kneel and kiss it.
    You sure your knees can stand it with all the time you spend down their bowing to st nick?

Don't poor mouth, Bamer hasn't done too bad lately.