The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2014 (GDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Migillicutty View Post
    With juggernauts like San Jose st, samford, la tech on the schedule it's amazing Auburn can even field a squad by years end. You definitely fit the SEC fan stereotype well with ludicrous statements like 8 teams would be undefeated. The sad part is you probably actually believe that tripe.

The SEC loves to overhype itself. How did that pan out last year? Sec champ- spotted 18 & lost to FSU. Runner up- lost by 2 scores to OU, A&M- taken to last :20 by Duke, gave up 45(a team FSU thrashed), UGA- lost to a bad Nebraska.

My comment has everything to do with it because if FSU was just a product of an easy schedule your sec champ team should have had no problem dispatching them handily in the bowl. Instead they got beat on the field, where it matters.
    Wait, are you trying to say Free Shoes would've been in that same bowl if they had Georgia, Alabama, and Missouri on the schedule leading up to that bowl game? Now that's funny.
    Hunt Hard, Dream Big, Aim Small
    Matthew 6:26
    War Eagle's AJ Abigail "Abbie"

What's so funny about that? We beat Auburn who beat them. What makes you think we couldn't beat them too? That makes no sense. You talk a lot of crap for a fan of a team that got beat. I guess that is part and parcel of being in the SEC. Doesn't matter what the results are just keep talking. Maybe if you say it enough you can convince yourself it is true.

Let's look at Auburn's oh so tough schedule.

Washington St 6-7
    Ark St. (Awful team)
    Miss st. (7-6) with 4 of their 7 wins coming from Akron, Troy, Bowling Green, Rice
    LSU-you lost to them, they don't count
    Ark- 3-9 (terrible)
    UT 5-7 (another awful team)
    UGA 8-5 mediocre at best
    Ol miss 8-5 very mediocre
    Western Carolina -how did you ever manage to get past this juggernaut
    FAU-again this is some tough competition
    Texas A&M 9-4 good but not great, barely beat the team FSU thrashed in the ACCcg
    Bamer-Good team, tough game, needed a miracle. I was pulling for them because I wanted FSU to get a chance at beating them, and FSU matches up better against them and would have handled them in the bowl.
    Mizzou-Good win against a solid team, even if they were a mid tier big 12 school
    FSU-well you know what happened when you faced a really good team, chalk up another L

Nothing in the schedule is insurmountable by any stretch for FSU. FSU was clearly the best team in the country last year. They set the NCAA scoring record, had the Heisman winner and had one of the best defenses in the nation. They didn't just beat teams they thrashed them mercilessly. They then beat the SEC champ for the national championship. Making ludicrous statements about schedule strength, does it help with the bitterness of defeat? Does it help you rationalize that Auburn just wasn't good enough? Or does coming off as a complete homer just not bother you?

HAHAHAHA. Your batch of thugs needed a fake punt to keep from getting run the heck out of the stadium by AU. The same AU team that LSU ran out of The BR. Your "beloved" Free Shoes U team would NOT have matched up with LSU worth a crap.

You'll never know cause That putried offense sucked so bad y'all didn't make it to the dance. LSU couldn't even handle a crappy UGa and Ol miss team. Hahahaha
    Last edited by Migillicutty; 07-29-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Thankfully most of this BS will be settled on the playing field by mostly spoiled and coddled 18-22 year olds who have accomplished nothing but for their athletic ability. A small percentage will then move on to the NFL and a few will eventually become useful human beings who contribute something to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Migillicutty View Post
    You'll never know cause That putried offense sucked so bad y'all didn't make it to the dance. LSU couldn't even handle a crappy UGa and Ol miss team. Hahahaha
    It was the D that let LSU down last year. Sigh. Aren't you suppose to be knowledgeable??

Who me? Nah I'm just a bandwagon smuck riding jimbos success in TX. When did you go to LSU and where are your seats? Just curious.

21 against Iowa, 17 against bama, 17 against UF, 24 against ol miss is not exactly what I would call stellar offense, but you are right I had forgotten that defense was the problem against uga and really bama as well last year.

I go to the games I want to go & whenever I can. I don't have to go that far to get there either. Turnovers killed LSU in that gump game. The D couldn't stop Georgia (They were decimated by injuries last year.) many times, but when they did, OBJ muffing the punt didn't help anything. The Ridgerunners will always play over their heads against LSU. Expect that game to be close late in the 4th again this year. Heck, that Iowa game was dominated by LSU, despite Jennings doing his best Jordan Jefferson impression.

Now if you want to talk about this year, let the debate begin.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. With 106,000 seats and all full, Kyle Field is going to be loud. I will be watching from home though. Tigers better bring their ear plugs. I predict an Aggie victory.
    Last edited by Wayne Nutt; 07-30-2014 at 06:45 AM.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

LOL you do know that we played the 16th toughest schedule in the country last year. We have the number 2 toughest schedule lined up for us in 2014. Free Shoes was so far down on that last that I got tired of looking for them. If you halfway think Jimmy and his thugs could post 8 wins with an SEC schedule, you're crazy.
    Hunt Hard, Dream Big, Aim Small
    Matthew 6:26
    War Eagle's AJ Abigail "Abbie"