RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2014 (GDG)

378K views 3K replies 109 participants last post by  Migillicutty 
#1 ·
With SEC Media Days almost over with, it's time to get this started. With there be no better place to watch a CFB game, it's probably well worth starting this off about LSU & Death Valley. DV will be louder than ever, & I can't wait for that game in Nov against a certain team. Soooo, enjoy the video.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Go Tigahs!!!!

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/89715017[/video]

#512 ·
Anybody watching the Aggie game?

Was that a crazy series just before the half!? I bet Rice is pissed!! More so if the TD had held.

#516 ·
I was disappointed in our defense.
I was disappointed in our highly recruited freshman qb, another interception in mop up duty.
I am concerned about the injuries.

But I am happy we won. Just about what the odds were.

#517 ·
A dominant defensive performance by a lot of 2nd stringers for LSU. The offense was underwhelming. Anthony Jennings is not a starting QB. His accuracy and decision making skills do him no favors. Brandon Harris is by far the more gifted QB. The OL sucked it up again. I am seriously questioning the OL coaching hire this year. For an OL with soooo much talent, they look putrid.

Next week STATE comes calling. Maybe this team will show up to play.

#518 ·
I don't know man Harris doesn't look very accurate either.
I think a problem was making Jennings throw a long ball after scampering for 20+
Dudes out of breathe, let him hand it off next play and give him a breather.
Calling pass plays after scrambles doesn't seem very smart for a guy like Jennings.

I agree on the OL.

#528 ·
Don't get me wrong, as a mid 1970's ag, I'll take the wins as they come, but......... I would have liked 28-0 much better ;-)

#529 ·
Key Games coming up;

Thursday Night > Auburn v. Kansas State

K-State struggled to put away Iowa State last game,
I thinking 37-28 Auburn.
-------------

Florida St vs Clemson
Should be a doozy! I don't think Flo-rida will steam roll Clemson
but will pull off the win.
------------------

SEC:
-Florida isn't prepared to go into Tuscaloosa and upset Alabama. - Nope.

-Mississippi St has their BEST CHANCE IN YEARS at finally beating LSU.
However, their first non-Cupcake game is in Tiger Stadium against a clearly
potent LSU. I'm not feeling this as a nail biter, but as a game LSU takes the lead
and keeps it putting the Cowbells down 24-10.

Gunna be a pretty quiet weekend outside these couple games I think.

Oh and I forgot about you guys bet;

Here you go!

HENRY
CAREER STATSRUSHINGRECEIVING
SEASONATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTD

FOURNETTE
CAREER STATSRUSHINGRECEIVING
SEASONATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTD

#532 ·
Key Games coming up;

Thursday Night > Auburn v. Kansas State

K-State struggled to put away Iowa State last game,
I thinking 37-28 Auburn.
-------------
Correct me it I'm wrong - but isn't this the same I - State team that
lost to ND State (#1 FCS) 36-16 in the opener for both squads this
season? That would be 2 weeks & 5 days ago :).

#531 ·
The talking heads are having a field day with the latest Jamison incident.

#535 ·
On Winston, it's a cumulative thing. This one outburst in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Not that it matters but It is in fact an internet meme along with a video that is circling the internet. Still, keep it in the locker room. You can't go shouting stuff like that in the middle of the student union when you are who he is. He really should know better by now. He is under a microscope. Now he has jeopardized the season. Have to give it to Jimbo for sitting him in the biggest conference game of the year. Hope the team can rally and play well enough to keep FSU in it. They need to sequester JW to the football field, seems that is the one place he is a good decision maker.

I couldn't care less about the talking heads. They will blow anything out of proportion. A twenty year old football player made a vulgar comment? What is the world coming to?

#537 ·
On Winston, it's a cumulative thing. This one outburst in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Not that it matters but It is in fact an internet meme along with a video that is circling the internet. Still, keep it in the locker room. You can't go shouting stuff like that in the middle of the student union when you are who he is. He really should know better by now. He is under a microscope. Now he has jeopardized the season. Have to give it to Jimbo for sitting him in the biggest conference game of the year. Hope the team can rally and play well enough to keep FSU in it. They need to sequester JW to the football field, seems that is the one place he is a good decision maker.

I couldn't care less about the talking heads. They will blow anything out of proportion. A twenty year old football player who was charged with sexual assault of a female on campus made a vulgar comment? What is the world coming to?
His behavior has always been justified because he can play. If he was a scrub, he would have been long gone...

Rape accusations, shoplifting, now boorish behavior... But, he's just a kid... I know when I was that age, I never did any of those things... This is the kind of thing that leads to NFL players knocking out girlfriends in elevators and dragging them out like its no big deal. These college players are coddled and nit held accountable for anything. Suspended for a half? Thats a joke. Why did they choose a half? Because they didn't think they could get away with a quarter...

#539 ·
Cumulative from a decision making stand point. No he didn't rape anyone and who knows about the crab legs but it was a poor decision, oversight or not. There have been a couple other things, not criminal, just juvenile decisions that I think prompted Jimbo to send a message. He was told in the offseason he would be held to a higher standard and needed to make good decisions, and coach is following through with that demand.

If he were in the SEC he would only be suspended if it was an OOC game against Mary Magdalene's Sisters of the Poor.

#542 ·
Finnbaum said Jumbo didn't take any action but univ. admin stepped in and imposed the suspension. But who cares about him as he predicated SC to walk all over TAMU.

#547 ·
Texas starting QB David Ash has decided to retire due to repeated concussion(s) and complications resulting from them..I am glad that he finally came to that conclusion for his long term health..

So we go with Tyrone Swoopes and hope he can stay healthy and that we dont have to use the freshman Heard

#549 · (Edited)
"Cumulative from a decision making stand point. No he didn't rape anyone and who knows about the crab legs but it was a poor decision, oversight or not. There have been a couple other things, not criminal, just juvenile decisions that I think prompted Jimbo to send a message. He was told in the offseason he would be held to a higher standard and needed to make good decisions, and coach is following through with that demand. If he were in the SEC he would only be suspended if it was an OOC game against Mary Magdalene's Sisters of the Poor."

You're right because this university is so well known for their integrity and holding their athletes to such high standards!!!! PLEASE!!!!

#551 ·
#556 ·
No glass house here. I don't think I said anything about LSU being any different! I wasn't making a ridiculous statement more of a jab at your fine university! Since it seemed to upset you so bad I will refrain from making such comments in the future. FYI that was another jab!

#558 ·
The service academies are certainly major colleges, but do not have elite football programs. The never will given their admissions standards, and requirements post graduation. I bet I could find some dirt on the others you mentioned. You do know that ND is under investigation for a major academic fraud case right now? Or maybe you didn't and that is why you included them.

I will say I very much admire Stanford and their ability to be highly competitive while holding a high standard academically, but make no mistake their standard for football players is not the same as the general population. I am also a big fan of their coach. I think he does an excellent job.

#561 ·
What is ridiculous is constant, unwavering defense of bad behavior. The FSU QB has a proven track record of getting into trouble... But FSU faithful say... He's just trying to grow up, or some such nonsense. There are "kids" younger than him going to war, raising families, working full time jobs etc... And this jackass can't play football and drag his butt to a few classes without getting himself into some kind of trouble every couple of months?

Hell even Vince Young kept his head on straight till he got the money. This guy might blow it before he gets there.

The best thing that could happen would be for FSU's backup to light it up against Clemson on Sat. Maybe even leave him in the game in the 2nd half if they have it under control. Get Winston's attention, at least a little bit. JMO

#562 ·
As men, there's little we let bother us,
but take away our passion and **** gets real.

Football players want to play Football. Suspend them from playing and you'll get their full attention.

But like huntinman says, suspend them for an entire game or two. Screw this hand slapping crap.

You'll get their attention, all of it.

If you can't, cut'em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.