RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2014 (GDG)

378K views 3K replies 109 participants last post by  Migillicutty 
#1 ·
With SEC Media Days almost over with, it's time to get this started. With there be no better place to watch a CFB game, it's probably well worth starting this off about LSU & Death Valley. DV will be louder than ever, & I can't wait for that game in Nov against a certain team. Soooo, enjoy the video.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Go Tigahs!!!!

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/89715017[/video]

#324 ·
LSU Offensive Line not as good as advertised.
Wis. Defensive Line better than advertised.

LSU has points on the board b/c of one lucky play
and a speedy receiver. That's it.

Wisconsin has earned their yards and points with full play football.

Jennings .... nothing to really say...

#332 ·
uuuuugly........ *wipes brow* ....
Unfortunately - it still counts as a win, not exactly deserved

#83 for LSU looks to be a talent or Bucky's CB's need to learn not to let the guys get between them & the goal

May be the only game Wisconsin loses all year, doubt if the same can be said for LSU -

Where's Jacob :)??????????????????

#329 ·
It was close like the Vegas boys predicted. But I am glad I stayed with LSU. I only watched bits and pieces of the game. What happened to Founette?

#333 ·
Biggest surprise for me was Texas Tech barely beating Central Arkansas 42-35.

#335 ·
i fell asleep in the third with lsu down by three possessions. i woke up this morning at 4:30 and the replay was in the 4th. hilliard was killing. great comeback win. i think jacob will be up and around soon, he may have not been able to get to sunday school this morning after that game!;-)

todd gurley......todd gurley......todd gurley......wow! matters not how old we are or how many football players and games we have seen. that was a rare game by a grown man! he is better than i thought. i had gurley in the mike davis/tj yeldon category.....i wuz wrong. did i say WOW?

fsu looked a little dazed at times and the cowboys were ready. if not for the early pick six, this one coulda been a real scare for the noles. the td run by winston was a classic!

i have been on the prescott bandwagon since he and state beat alabama on everything but the scoreboard last season. he came to play last night and is one of the best in the nation, imo. the bullies are gonna beat some people this year.

hogs are much improved. but the boogs were just too much after marshall's bong hits took the edge off of the first game jitters.

i have to up my prediction on bama's wins this season to 5. i said earlier they would win four and wvu wasn't one of the four. no defense of the uptempo and quarterback play that got it done but still seems suspicious. dustin would you please set up a spreadsheet for my bet with jacob on henry and fournette. (in case of a tie, i hope coachmo saw henry pick up the backside corner on the screen to fowler!)

#340 ·
Was Gordon hurt? If not the entire Wisc coaching staff should be fired.

Hilliard looks to be in the best shape of his career. He is going to hurt some defenses if the O line will give him half a chance. Looks like he is determined to hold on to his starting spot this year.

Fournette will be fine. Give him a little time. I agree with Dustin - why have him running back kickoffs with the abundance of talent on the bench? Seems like an unnecessary risk.

LSU's mighty O -line better improve before SEC play. If they repeat last nights performance the Tigas are in for a long season.

Either Wisc had absolutely nothing in the way of WRs, or LSU's D-backs are even better than expected. Probably some of both.

Jennings plays well when he doesn't play tentatively. Going to have to turn the guy loose and either sink or swim with him (for now). Based on Harris' brief appearance, he didn't look ready.

I look for a lot of improvement before the Auburn game. (Trying real hard to be optimistic!)

fp

#341 ·
I don't know about critiquing. He had lots of hype as to his expected performance. Lots of other freshmen played their first game and did well. To name a few for just TAMU: Speedy Noil, Armani Watts and Myles Garrett. I'm forgetting one, nose tackle, I think.
I think the hype made everyone expect more and were disappointed. I hope he does well except on Turkey Day.

#343 ·
I don't know about critiquing. He had lots of hype as to his expected performance. Lots of other freshmen played their first game and did well. To name a few for just TAMU: Speedy Noil, Armani Watts and Myles Garrett. I'm forgetting one, nose tackle, I think.
I think the hype made everyone expect more and were disappointed. I hope he does well except on Turkey Day.
None of which you named are running backs Wayne....?

I'm trying not to defend him here, b/c I don't think he needs defending
and I don't buy into hype so therefore i can't argue from it.

Fournette touched the ball 8 times.
The first 8 times in his College Career in his first game ever as a College Player....
....and were talking about his performance? What were folks expecting? 100 yards?

If you watch the game, (Full Game Here) Fournette ran HARD and Fast,
just no holes to break through on. One thing I did notice.
He's a pile pusher for at least 3 yards. His speed from the backfield
and impact on the line moves the pile for sure. I could only imagine
what a break away run would look like. It's coming.

But as a fan, I'm not really concerned. There's plenty to look forward to.
Fournette will have to learn the ropes and all signs say he should have no problems doing so.

#342 ·
I'll watch the game again to get my breakdown of it. Things that stood out were the mismanaging of LF & Brandon Harris. 1 series for a QB when he doesn't get to show his talents is dumb. The blocking was atrocious for LF. He should continue returning KOs. You want to give him the ball any way you can.

The game was obviously ugly @ times if you are a LSU fan. The one thing that mattered, LSU won. It was vintage LSU under Slingblade. There were obviously growing pains. It'll be nice to have everybody back for the next several weeks. The next game that matters is the game against STATE.

#344 ·
Melvin Gordon was the best football player in the game, let alone running back. Wisconsin just didn't have the depth to hang for the whole game. Have to give them credit after seeing the size and speed of LSU.
I'm sure by mid-season the Tigers will be clicking and just pounding the hell out of some teams.

#346 ·
LF ran very well. He absolutely got the most out of each run. If Anthony Jennings could run the option a lil better, he would have had a much better YPC average. 1 bad pitch lost 11 yards and the other cost him 6. If he was in with some of those runs by Kenny Hilliard, he houses them.

#349 ·
AU gets away with locking up the ARKY coaches in the elevator during halftime. What a dirty place to play @. If you have to keep the opposing coaching staff from making halftime adjustments, that's sad.

That said, what about "Blue Thunder" (AU's ball boy.) showing off his wheels??

#354 ·
Funny that even the Ark coach said it was a weird deal and nothing nobody could do about it. He also said it didn't have any outcome of the 2nd half. But hey it matters to Jacob...

As for LSU... What about all the times the A/C hasn't worked in the locker room during the early season games, but yet blows like crazy during the cold games. Or no hot water in the locker rooms, etc, etc.

#358 ·
There's no better place to watch a game than DV.

Funny that even the Ark coach said it was a weird deal and nothing nobody could do about it. He also said it didn't have any outcome of the 2nd half. But hey it matters to Jacob...

As for LSU... What about all the times the A/C hasn't worked in the locker room during the early season games, but yet blows like crazy during the cold games. Or no hot water in the locker rooms, etc, etc.
Of course he wouldn't say that's why they lost the game. He has class. Doesn't change the fact that it is a huge disadvantage.

Grasping for straws with these accusations?? I guess the lil 10 folks should cry about pink bathrooms @ Iowa. They don't. At least that's factual info.

#366 ·
john robinson,
i am not sure anyone has mentioned it but, i was able to see several series of the trojan game. they looked very good, especially for a first time out under a new head coach. fresno is usually a pretty good team and usc dominated. the pac should be very fun to watch with a much improved usc!

#368 ·
the pac should be very fun to watch with a much improved usc!
Starts this weekend!

USC v Stanford right out the gate! Week 2 Clash.
2:30 CST

Both blew their opponents out the water this weekend.

Of course Stanford was playing UC Davis
but this weekend they get to host the Trojans.

Also this weekend another Top 10 match up Block Buster
Michigan State @ Oregon
5:30 CST

Other notable;
VT vs Ohio St. Could be interesting.

#367 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.