The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Desecration of Robert E. Lee grave in the name of political correctness

Default Desecration of Robert E. Lee grave in the name of political correctness

Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA has just announced that they are going to enter little Lee Chapel, the grave of Robert E. Lee, and remove the Confederate battle flags which have been there over his grave for the last hundred years. It's HIS GRAVE. The flags aren't even displayed anywhere else on campus. They are only inside HIS BURIAL CHAMBER! Some are even discussing removing the... recumbent statue of Lee from his grave... What we are witnessing is not just political correctness, but cultural genocide and the elimination of all things Southern. Even the grave of Robert E. Lee, is not safe from being desecrated and erased in his own chapel, on the property of his own university. Truly sad.

Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

I just knew that when the powers that be removed the Rebel flag from Miss. it was the start of a slippery slope...Nothing more than trying to rewrite history so its fits the current narrative..Trying to remove all traces of the Civil War south is just plain wrong...real sorry to see this happen
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

We need a new class taught in our schools......."How to be offended without sh*tting your pants"
    Jonathon

“Write your own book instead of reading someone else’s book about success” H. Brooks

New Orleans has a huge statue of Gen Robt E Lee standing atop a traffic circle not far from the Super Dome. Years ago, some in the city counsel wanted to have it taken down and the traffic circled renamed from Lee Circle to MLK Circle.

The city was outraged and those on the City Council that supported the change had to back down for fear for their life!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I was in South Carolina when they removed the flag from the capital building in Columbia. That was a sad day.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

They should remove his name from the University, while they are at it.

In fact, since W&L was originally endowed by a gift of James River Canal Company stock by George Washington, they should just give their endowment to the NAACP since Washington was a slave owner and the James River Canal was built by slave labor. That would seem far more offensive than Lee's regimental flags.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    I was in South Carolina when they removed the flag from the capital building in Columbia. That was a sad day.
    Yeah, but it's still flying in front of the Capitol... Right in front of main street
    image.jpg
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Yeah, but it's still flying in front of the Capitol... Right in front of main street
    image.jpg
    Yes, I know. But still it was a sad day for South Carolina when it was taken down from the capital building. The state POLs succumbed to political correctness under the fear of boycotts from outside groups.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Lee and the flag he fought for (right or wrong) is part of history, for better or for worse.

Perhaps in these times the powers that be would rather not remind the populace that the Civil War happened? Perhaps not remind the populace that such a thing could happen? While some historians will say it was about States' rights, the particular states' right at the core of it was the issue of slavery. I don't think that we can get around that. If there is another civil war the issue would again be about over-reach of Federal power.

The powers that be would rather re-write history than learn from it? Like convincing a new generation that the Halocast never happened? Eisenhower feared that would happen. He had great foresight.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Who in their right mind would care? Seeing no one is allowed inside. This has to be the work of Obama.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith