The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Desecration of Robert E. Lee grave in the name of political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W. View Post
    I attended Washington & Lee, and am proud of everything about it. This is very sad news indeed. Lee Chapel is a special place for everyone who has ever walked that hill as a student.

Makes my fucking blood boil.
    mike,
    thank you for the insight of a Washington and Lee graduate. sad indeed.

john d. mccallie
    Last edited by roseberry; 07-17-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    john mccallie

The suit to have the flags removed was started by 7 students. No doubt with the aid of a paid shill and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Henlee, do tell about this massive southern offensive that took place? I am pretty sure the confederates only enters into the union once on an offensive course. I would ask you to read the Declaration of Independence which blatantly says that secession is needed at times. It is one of our founding documents but we seems to forget the liberty to the individuals it was trying to protect.

Robert E. Lee was not perfect but he was twice the man Lincoln or US Grant could ever be. He had the respect of both confederate and union troops. He fought honorably, and he believed that there are things more important than a strong central government.

I get tired of debating this issue with folks who have been brainwashed into worshipping at the altar of the United States and that it is heresy to think secession could be a good idea. You would have fit in really well with the British loyalists in the revolutionary war.

Again no side in the war between the states was perfect, but if the union did not have a steady supply of Irish immigrants to reload the front lines with, there might be two countries at least, and the original United States of America would of had to choose to have a strong federal government or to give individuals more freedom. The civil war has paved the way for many injustices and federal over reach of powers that we suffer from today.

If Thomas Jefferson were here today and he saw that the government could force you to buy a product or you would be taxed, try to legislate mandatory birth control, and steal 40% of some folks earnings, I dare say he would think it is time to secede too. Make a copy of the Declaration of Independence and send it to Washington DC

MM....i agree with much of what you say, except about Lincoln.....their you are wrong! Regardless, you seemed to skip over the key issue of the Civil Way....Slavery! Hard to defend that position, I believe, even if you are Robert E. Lee.....

Lincoln was awful, so was slavery. Lincoln was more worried about his ego than slaves. I feel he was one of the most overrated tyrant presidents. I know we will have to disagree on that.

Robert E lee was fighting for Virginia, not slavery. It's a tough concept for us to grasp, but there is a difference. I believe Lee freed his slaves on his own accord too.

Forgive me for being a bit rusty on my history, I have a one month old daughter that likes to party through the night

You all crack me up!
    For real, sitting here after work, bier in hand, you crack me up!
    Might I remind you all so fond of the “rebel colors”
    THE NORTH WON!
    If ya all wanted to keep flyin’ it ya all should have fought harder!
    Go to the Pearl Harbor memorial, see any Jap flags?
    Yet, go down south and what do you see?
    You all are under the false impression that you kicked ass.
    Instead of having your ass handed to you.
    Who is re-writing history?
    THE NORTH WON!
    Accept it.
    Last edited by Ken Bora; 07-17-2014 at 10:49 PM.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    You all crack me up!
    THE NORTH WON!
    THE NORTH WON!
    Accept it.
    Do the Japanese fly the Japanese flag in Japan?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Been seeing flags from all over the world around here the last few years... Mostly Mexico and central American countries. What war did they win?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    You all crack me up!
    THE NORTH WON!
    THE NORTH WON!
    Accept it.
    Lighten up, Ken. You write like you were there. It's part of history. Should all the cemeteries with Confederate soldiers be destroyed? Buildings and monuments torn down?

Ken, did you ever lose at anything? Did you like it? Did it change how you feel about anything?

That school was not sticking those flags up anyone's ass. They weren't forcing anyone to see them.

Hell, there are enough stories in this country about people getting in trouble for flying Old Glory.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    MM....i agree with much of what you say, except about Lincoln.....their you are wrong! Regardless, you seemed to skip over the key issue of the Civil Way....Slavery! Hard to defend that position, I believe, even if you are Robert E. Lee.....
    6% of southerners owned 95% of the slaves in the south. You think the 94% sent their sons off to die in a war over slavery? It was an issue. It was not the key issue. Lincoln was not so great. His Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in states who rebelled against the union. It did not free the slaves in union controlled states nor in 6 La parishes controlled by the North or the 64 counties of WV. The North had a number of slavers themselves. Little known history because it isn't taught. The EP was used to keep Europe from recognizing the confederacy. He admitted as much. Saying if he could preserve the union without freeing any slave he would do so. He went on to state that if freeing them all is what it would take he would do that. Lincoln closed over 300 newspapers and suspended habeas corpus during the war jailing 13,000 US citizens. He repeatedly violated the Constitution. There is a reason he is Obama's favorite pres. We could also go into the atrocities the North committed during the war by taking the fight to civilians in the south, or the refusal of prisoner exchange because the North didn't want the South to get back their men and it cost the lives of over 30,000 on both sides.

The south was exporting 75% of American goods at the time. 85% of southerners were landowners. They wanted to preserve their liberties and individual rights. The North wanted their wealth and to centralize power. After the war they raped the south and stole the land and means of production.