The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Desecration of Robert E. Lee grave in the name of political correctness

If yall havent read the hunger games trilogy you should. It is a great critique of our times now and illustrates these points we are talking about well. The dangers of a government so large hat it tries to rewrite history and tries to see itself as infallible.

Washington and Lee should grow a pair and tell the PC police to mind your own business. I bet if someone had a soviet union flag on campus they would let it stay up even though more people were killed under that banner than the confederate battle flag.

A lot of tears being dropped for perhaps one of the worst enemies of the United States? Tell me again how many American Soldiers did this guy kill? Obama is the real enemy though huh?

Preserving history is important. One ought to question the motivations and patriotism of folks who so proudly want to display those reminders of the ugliest part of American history. Confederate flags ought to be removed out of decency and not political correctness.

As I understand it the University is deciding to take down the flaps on display at the request of students. That is certainly within their rights and if it the student body and faculty making that decision who are we to tell them how their grounds are to look. I know I would be upset if I was told I had to fly a confederate flag in my yard.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Henlee.....how many veterans have died due to Obama not keeping is promise to fix the Veterans Administration? What has he done? NOTHING

How many elderly are dying because Obamacare has limited medical options that insurance companies can offer including medications and treatment options?

By the way, the second item is just getting a 'head of steam'...if we do not stop Obamacare, the dead will pile up, just like the aborted babies the Democrats have killed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    A lot of tears being dropped for perhaps one of the worst enemies of the United States? Tell me again how many American Soldiers did this guy kill? Obama is the real enemy though huh?

Preserving history is important. One ought to question the motivations and patriotism of folks who so proudly want to display those reminders of the ugliest part of American history. Confederate flags ought to be removed out of decency and not political correctness.

As I understand it the University is deciding to take down the flaps on display at the request of students. That is certainly within their rights and if it the student body and faculty making that decision who are we to tell them how their grounds are to look. I know I would be upset if I was told I had to fly a confederate flag in my yard.
    How many students? A majority, a plurality, a few whiny yankees? Who?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I know I would be upset if I was told I had to fly a confederate flag in my yard.
    I wouldn't be. Put one in my yard right next to ol glory.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Well, I'd be upset if I HAD to fly ANY flag in my yard. On the other hand, I am not ashamed of either the confederate battle flag, or the Stars and Bars. The one I like best is the Texas flag, the only state flag that by statute is correctly flown at the same height as Old Glory.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Who in their right mind would care? Seeing no one is allowed inside. This has to be the work of Obama.
    Its in Lee Chapel and Museum, in an auditorium that seats 500, the flags were originally place outside the statue chamber, but were later moved inside the chamber to stop people from touching them. They were then removed altogether in 1995 and replaced with copies in 1997. They have not been over his grave for the last 100 years.

Last edited by mngundog; 07-17-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Henlee, who was the aggressor in the war between the states? Was it the one who wanted to secede peacefully or the side that wanted to forcefully keep the United States united?

I think a good understanding of this conflict is that both sides were really wrong. Your understanding of this war smells of indoctrination of the supremacy of the federal government which was not the principles that this country was founded upon.

The government trying to get back at him one more time.

The first was when they took his plantation and turned it into Arlington National Cemetary. That didn't go as planned because it is one of the most honored sites in our country. Likely why the pres skipped the ceremony one year. Now again they are trying to learn, I know but that how the government thinks, him another lesson.

They just keep poking the bear and one day it will wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Henlee, who was the aggressor in the war between the states? Was it the one who wanted to secede peacefully or the side that wanted to forcefully keep the United States united?

I think a good understanding of this conflict is that both sides were really wrong. Your understanding of this war smells of indoctrination of the supremacy of the federal government which was not the principles that this country was founded upon.
    You bring up a great point....the history books that were used and taught in my public school in SoCal had a very slanted and one sided version of the Civil War...it wasnt until I lived in Texas in my adult life and read other versions did I come to realize there was another side to the story

and Henlee those men that died for the Confederacy were every bit as "American" as their northern counterparts
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"