The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Desecration of Robert E. Lee grave in the name of political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    If yall havent read the hunger games trilogy you should. It is a great critique of our times now and illustrates these points we are talking about well. The dangers of a government so large hat it tries to rewrite history and tries to see itself as infallible.

Washington and Lee should grow a pair and tell the PC police to mind your own business. I bet if someone had a soviet union flag on campus they would let it stay up even though more people were killed under that banner than the confederate battle flag.
    I read the Hunger Games and agree with your assessment.

History is history. Embrace it and learn from it. Hiding it or pretending it was something other than what it was has no value. Live the truth or live the lie. I prefer to live the truth.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. the ugliest part of American history.

.................................................. ...............................................
    Really, really...... have you read the actual true history of the USA. History is history. Trying to hide any of it is wrong. Besides truth has a way of being found and written about. I had family on both sides of that war and I want to read about all of it.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I attended Washington & Lee, and am proud of everything about it. This is very sad news indeed. Lee Chapel is a special place for everyone who has ever walked that hill as a student.

Makes my fucking blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Henlee, who was the aggressor in the war between the states? Was it the one who wanted to secede peacefully or the side that wanted to forcefully keep the United States united?

I think a good understanding of this conflict is that both sides were really wrong. Your understanding of this war smells of indoctrination of the supremacy of the federal government which was not the principles that this country was founded upon.
    Are you trying to suggest that Lee was a great patriot? He and the rebels tried to rip this country apart. Do you in any way think that the south had not prepared for war, knowing that it was coming and inevitable? They are a far shot from as peaceful as you make them out to be. I think you also ignore that they were fighting offensively taking land and not merely defensively defending their borders.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Really, really...... have you read the actual true history of the USA. History is history. Trying to hide any of it is wrong. Besides truth has a way of being found and written about. I had family on both sides of that war and I want to read about all of it.
    I have no problem with history or the accurate telling of it. The truth is 1860 was from the shining city on the hill. That is just the truth. If killing each other in massive numbers does not qualify for our ugliest moment in history than what does?
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Are you trying to suggest that Lee was a great patriot? He and the rebels tried to rip this country apart. Do you in any way think that the south had not prepared for war, knowing that it was coming and inevitable? They are a far shot from as peaceful as you make them out to be. I think you also ignore that they were fighting offensively taking land and not merely defensively defending their borders.
    It's history... You are a little too wound up about wanting everyone to see it the way you think it should be seen.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I have no problem with history or the accurate telling of it. The truth is 1860 was from the shining city on the hill. That is just the truth. If killing each other in massive numbers does not qualify for our ugliest moment in history than what does?

http://www.abbevilleinstitute.org History told from the southern perspective.

The ugliest part was when Bill Clinton was elected, which got even worse as Obama was elected....! At least during the Civil War people fought for what they believed. Now we set around with our fingers in our ears, letting talking heads in Washington, slowly take our rights away!

Of course I realize that many, have their heads so far up their behinds that they are missing all of this....Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

It is still history... You can't re-write it... As much as libs try.
    Bill Davis