The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a moment for the Malaysia air victims

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Prayers for all involved.
    Prayers for the victims. Curses and damnation for the perpetrators.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

It is sad to watch the talking heads go on and on about this incident as though it is unique. I mentioned yesterday that we shot down an Iranian passenger plane. Let me review, Iranian Flight 655 , an Airbus A300 B2-203 , w/a civilian identifying squakbox , w/290 killed (60 kids) by the US Navy , USS Vicennes on a normally scheduled flight path from Dubai to Tehran. A missile was fired and killed all. The US never admitted responsibility for this act but in 1996 paid $61 MILLION to the families of those killed. (event - 3 July 1988)

In the modern world since WWI COLLATERAL damage which means killing civilians during times of active war , non-declared war or other forms has become standard whether Lockerbie Scotland or bombing Dresden , Germany. The Europeans will not do anything to harm their self-interests on this issue. I hope I will be wrong.

wish I spoke Russian. wonder how close the news translate is to the real spoken word on the audio tape of the rebels.

also, wonder how much of this can we place on the pilot? did he have to fly over that spot?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    wish I spoke Russian. wonder how close the news translate is to the real spoken word on the audio tape of the rebels.

also, wonder how much of this can we place on the pilot? did he have to fly over that spot?
    Pilots don't necessarily get to pick their flight path on scheduled routes. Its a pretty standard flight path, or it was at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

They had a pretty good discussion of your final question on NPR yesterday evening and apparently there were no cautions out for that particular corridor at the time. I imagine things will change pretty rapidly now.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

However the US FAA had already told US carriers NOT to fly that Ukraine route some time ago. So no American carriers would be flying that route. In fact Delta announced that fact today. I have not being able to pin down when the FAA issued those directives. I have heard from April to the 1st Ukranian military aircraft shot down. can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    It is sad to watch the talking heads go on and on about this incident as though it is unique. I mentioned yesterday that we shot down an Iranian passenger plane. Let me review, Iranian Flight 655 , an Airbus A300 B2-203 , w/a civilian identifying squakbox , w/290 killed (60 kids) by the US Navy , USS Vicennes on a normally scheduled flight path from Dubai to Tehran. A missile was fired and killed all. The US never admitted responsibility for this act but in 1996 paid $61 MILLION to the families of those killed. (event - 3 July 1988)

In the modern world since WWI COLLATERAL damage which means killing civilians during times of active war , non-declared war or other forms has become standard whether Lockerbie Scotland or bombing Dresden , Germany. The Europeans will not do anything to harm their self-interests on this issue. I hope I will be wrong.
    The big difference here is that this appears to be intentional, the Iranian flight was not!

Fair point swampie but dead is dead. Remember 1983 Korean Airlines , deliberate by the Russians.

swliska....your sounding like Hillary, "What difference does it make?" "Dead is dead".....

...but for the families and living how one dies, does make a difference!

Swampcollielover - you who hide behind a dog..I have never voted for a Clinton as expressed here before as a DFLer. Still smarting about your pledge posting are you ? Get over it. Death comes to all of us are you ready?