The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New US Rules for Importing Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    We can stop illegal puppies from crossing the borders. No treats for those pups without proper shots! People without proper docs? No problem... Come on in.
    The best humor has it's roots in the truth...
    spot on

of course the reason is 8 week old illegal pups can't vote democratic after amnesty.

I am glad that the CDC, which can't seem to help itself from shipping live anthrax and flesh eating bacteria around via pony express, at least is able to do something about the scourge of rabid puppies from Canada.

south-park-blame-canada.jpg

What would Brian Boitano do?

Well I just sent a deposit to Canada last week, so I guess I will lose it. I cant hold the breeder responsible he didnt know, I trust him when I asked if there were rules about shipping a pup over the border and he said just the clearances. I really dont want to start with a 4 month old pup so the search begins again

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bassfan View Post
    Well I just sent a deposit to Canada last week, so I guess I will lose it. I cant hold the breeder responsible he didnt know, I trust him when I asked if there were rules about shipping a pup over the border and he said just the clearances. I really dont want to start with a 4 month old pup so the search begins again

Steve

AFTER I pick up Ben I can give you a reference.....

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Lynes View Post
    Of all the things to be frantically regulating... oh the risk of the 8 week old rabid pup! Good grief.
    My thoughts exactly.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Where the heck is the AKC? Don't they realize many of these dogs are cross registered? Would seem to me that they would have at least ONE Lobbyist with enough sense to get to the right people in DC...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by bassfan View Post

Steve
    STEVE- don't give up yet- follow the link I provided and ask about an exemption. One of my puppy people did this and at first received a 'no' reply, and then a few hours later received a reply that said yes she COULD bring her unvaccinated 8 week old puppy in if she signed a confinement agreement (which means she has to keep the puppy confined to her home until vaccinated basically). Exhaust this route, and if it doesn't work, I'm sure your breeder will return your deposit as it's not your fault the rules have changed!
    Erin Lynes
    Eromit Labrador Retrievers

Home of:
    Twig AGDC, Ruger JH ADC SGDC MGDC MSDC MSCDC CRNCL, Winchester SGDC CRNCL CGN, Shelby SGDC CRNCL, Spider, Kimber NCT, Verona, Missie, Jackie CGN, Victor CRNCL, Jet, Glitzy CRNMCL SGDC, Harvey & Viper
    ..........gone but never forgotten, the gal who started it all: Spider's Sunshine MSDC MSCDC AADC AGDC NAC NGC NJC (Nestle) ...........

Steve.....

No worries I will re-fund everyone's deposits if I cant make this happen

What a shame this will be if this law holds.....WOW!

I can't imagine how many people on both sides of the border this will effect......

Scott

There has to be a way around this. If pushed, it seems like they should accept something along these lines: Sire and Dam have proof of vaccination, pups are born into a "Quarantine" situation at the breeders facility and are "Quarantined" for 8 weeks, then will be "Quarantined" at new owners home for 8 weeks.

Wonder what inspired this change? There has to be a way to find an exception for responsible breeders shipping pups. These aren't mongrels pups pulled off the streets of third world countries with non vaccinated parents.

Are you sure this is new? When I imported a pup 6 months ago, the CDC had the same requirement, but also listed an exemption for pups too young to have the vaccine. You had to sign a form saying you would quarantine the pup until the vaccine was given.