The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New US Rules for Importing Dogs

Scott, the good point is i know that i have to go for B plan.
    The bad point is that i have to find that B plan.

There are no problem.......only solution!
    Alain Jetté
    AJTOP RETRIEVER
    www.ajtop.com

I'm with you pal.....if there's a will there's away

Quote Originally Posted by Alain View Post
    Scott, the good point is i know that i have to go for B plan.
    The bad point is that i have to find that B plan.

There are no problem.......only solution!

This sounds like a fight for the AKC. Hopefully common sense will prevail, but nothing will happen without a lot of noise first.
    It is commonplace for government to use a solution for one issue that creates problems for people who were not an issue.
    I can't remember the last time I was bitten by a rabid pup.
    NAFTCH FTCH AFTCH Mjolnir Bluebill Of Allanport
    Flatlands Bayduck of Allanport
    Dakota Creek Teal of Allanport

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Adams View Post
    This sounds like a fight for the AKC. Hopefully common sense will prevail, but nothing will happen without a lot of noise first.
    It is commonplace for government to use a solution for one issue that creates problems for people who were not an issue.
    I can't remember the last time I was bitten by a rabid pup.
    Scott its a joke........

7 week old pup with rabies Come on really

Mexico can send there street dogs into the US by the truck load and no issue......WHATEVER

Not puppy related but re the annual rabies requirement in Canada. I dislike giving rabies vac every year so do the 3 year option. Traveling up north I have a recent 1 yr cert with and mention nada re field trials or hunting. If asked, going to a pretty boy dog show.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Labs View Post
    Scott its a joke........

7 week old pup with rabies Come on really

Mexico can send there street dogs into the US by the truck load and no issue......WHATEVER
    i was being facetious
    NAFTCH FTCH AFTCH Mjolnir Bluebill Of Allanport
    Flatlands Bayduck of Allanport
    Dakota Creek Teal of Allanport

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Adams View Post
    i was being facetious
    I know you are......I was talking out loud about what a joke this new law is

Quote Originally Posted by No Drive View Post
    Not at all, makes no difference to me what so ever. JMHO Those that have said " he must still be drunk" The good book says those without sin cast the first stone. I am sure none of you have ever driven with a drink or two in ya, not a one of ya. If ya have, then the difference between those who cannot cross the border and those who can is if you got caught. One drunk driving in your lifetime no entrance to Canada period.

Thus don't care if the border there is closed or not. My statement t stands, I think there are plenty of top notch field trial bred dogs here, I have no need for Canadian blood in my lines. Not saying they don't have good dogs just saying got plenty of them here to choose from. Nick of Time Ranger has done plenty good for me!
    I work for the Ontario Provincial Police and people can cross the border if they are willing to go through the steps and meet the requirements to get a pardon on the offence. So never being able to go across the border is not really an honest truth

Oh the humor continues!
    So family B, of my 2 that are trying to import puppies a few days after this goes into effect, were told on Friday that they would not be allowed to do the confinement agreement and would have to just bring the puppy home at 4 months instead. They asked for reconsideration and better explained their situation, and this morning received a reply that said this:
    Good morning,

CDC is not able to provide pre-approval for entry of dogs into the United States.

Regards,

Importation and Animal Contact Team
    CDC/Division of Global Migration and Quarantine

What the hell-so they have gone from 'no' to 'we don't make such decisions'?! (or is this just a soft no?) This is coming from the same contact that did do a pre-approval for my other puppy buyer. This is all very frustrating and I called again this morning but the agents on the phone don't know anything that's not printed on the website and just told me to write to the email address for more information. She did also suggest that I contact the local quarantine office, so that is being done right now and hopefully someone who deals with this more directly will have answers. GAWD so frustrating. I am half tempted to just have these people show up at the border with the puppy to see what happens, but not sure they want to risk the expense and possibly extra heartbreak if they do get turned back.
    Erin Lynes
    Eromit Labrador Retrievers

Home of:
    Twig AGDC, Ruger JH ADC SGDC MGDC MSDC MSCDC CRNCL, Winchester SGDC CRNCL CGN, Shelby SGDC CRNCL, Spider, Kimber NCT, Verona, Missie, Jackie CGN, Victor CRNCL, Jet, Glitzy CRNMCL SGDC, Harvey & Viper
    ..........gone but never forgotten, the gal who started it all: Spider's Sunshine MSDC MSCDC AADC AGDC NAC NGC NJC (Nestle) ...........

In NYC for less then two hundred bucks any document can be obtained... just saying...
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith