The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedliner bottom of Dog Box?

Question Bedliner bottom of Dog Box?

I am looking at getting a spray in bedliner in my new truck. I currently have a diamond deluxe 2 hole box and am curious if anyone has tried putting bedliner on the bottom of their boxes to help eliminate slippage (i cant screw it to the bed because it comes in and out of the bed on a regular basis). It doesnt move when the dogs are in it, but when its empty, it has a tendency to slide around a bit. Just curious here.
    "Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more affection with one flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." - Gene Hill

"When blizzards and storm winds strike, other hunters curl up by the hearth. Waterfowlers go forth." - Zack Taylor

Are you talking about the underside of your box? I'd just get a rubber stall mat from Tractor Supply and put that under your box when put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    Are you talking about the underside of your box? I'd just get a rubber stall mat from Tractor Supply and put that under your box when put it in.
    That was my other thought. But yes, the underside of the box.
    "Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more affection with one flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." - Gene Hill

"When blizzards and storm winds strike, other hunters curl up by the hearth. Waterfowlers go forth." - Zack Taylor

Rubber bed mat available at TSC and automotive supply places.

Ratchet straps???
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Black attracts heat also. Try white rubber roofing.

Thanks for the advice folks! I appreciate all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by crw910 View Post
    ...(i cant screw it to the bed because it comes in and out of the bed on a regular basis). It doesnt move when the dogs are in it, but when its empty, it has a tendency to slide around a bit. Just curious here.

CRW I want to apologize right up front and I hope you don't take this to personal but have you really thought about this? Have you thought about the what if's of a dog box just set in the back of a truck.... ?

What if you're driving and have to swerve hard to miss something?

What if you blow a tire?

What if you have a wreck?

What if you're forced off the road?

What if on and on and on

I have a friend who is now in a wheel chair who over corrected trying to keep his dog in the back of his truck.

Think about the what if's and figure out a way to attach the box to the bed. straps, tie downs, turn buckles, bolts something

Quote Originally Posted by DKR View Post
    CRW I want to apologize right up front and I hope you don't take this to personal but have you really thought about this? Have you thought about the what if's of a dog box just set in the back of a truck.... ?

What if you're driving and have to swerve hard to miss something?

What if you blow a tire?

What if you have a wreck?

What if you're forced off the road?

What if on and on and on

I have a friend who is now in a wheel chair who over corrected trying to keep his dog in the back of his truck.

Think about the what if's and figure out a way to attach the box to the bed. straps, tie downs, turn buckles, bolts something
    ^^^^^^
    Good advice

Mine sits in my truck just fine with no straps. Guess I'm living on the edge.