The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the not....

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Not in your lifetime or mine will you ever see a Third party candidate will a national election, unless those who run Washington decide to change the way elections are run... The money spent to win votes just can't be matched by a Third Party candidate.

I admire your ideals and hope, but money spent buys elections.
    Younger voters understand the corruption you have pointed out and unlike the older generation, they are principled and want no part of it.

Don't under-estimate the power of truth, principle and youth!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Younger voters understand the corruption you have pointed out and unlike the older generation, they are principled and want no part of it.

I so wish it were true, and a Third Party candidate could win... I've often voted for a Third Party with no results. More often the worst man wins because it pulled votes away from the next best choice.

I really at this point do not trust the voters, especially having given four more years to a failure as the POTUS... he did nothing to deserve his second term. It really was disheartning to see votors with such a lack of common sense.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Franco....how egotistical of you to think that 'today's "younger voters" have any insight that older generations did not! Actually, today's younger generation has less knowledge of U. S. History, World History, Civics, etc. etc......because the NEA has seen to that starting over 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco....how egotistical of you to think that 'today's "younger voters" have any insight that older generations did not! Actually, today's younger generation has less knowledge of U. S. History, World History, Civics, etc. etc......because the NEA has seen to that starting over 50 years ago.
    Not an ounce of truth to your statement. Millennials and Gen Xers are much smarter than the Baby Boomers. Afterall, it was the BBers that created the mess.

And of all people to say a group doesn't know History!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    I so wish it were true, and a Third Party candidate could win... I've often voted for a Third Party with no results. More often the worst man wins because it pulled votes away from the next best choice.

I really at this point do not trust the voters, especially having given four more years to a failure as the POTUS... he did nothing to deserve his second term. It really was disheartning to see votors with such a lack of common sense.
    Obama was very beatable the last time. The reason he won was because he was running against a Republican

Franco, if you were being intellectually honest, you would acknowledge that you feel this way because so many of those "younger voters" you speak of are drawn to the Libertarian party. I maintain the number one reason for that is the L's support of legalizing drug use... What young and dumb college kid doesn't think that is a good idea? ✌️
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Franco, if you were being intellectually honest, you would acknowledge that you feel this way because so many of those "younger voters" you speak of are drawn to the Libertarian party. I maintain the number one reason for that is the L's support of legalizing drug use... What young and dumb college kid doesn't think that is a good idea? ✌️
    What you fail to realize is that the Liberty movement is more than one issue!

Yes, the younger generation sees the failure and cost of the Drug War and favors a responsible option to the status quo. That option is Personal responsibility.

Other issues embraced by younger voters include Marriage Equality - getting government out of the business of marriage. Sensible Immigration reform, putting transient labor to work - identifying who they are, taxing it and making them contribute to SS, Medicare & Medicaid without citizenship. That in itself will curtail illegal migration! Because so many of the Young Americans For Liberty were raised in rural areas, they are Gun Rights biggest friend, advocating that no Law abiding citizens should be subjected to ANY Gun Laws. They also advocate against Crony Capitalism and want to end Corporatism for Capitalism and give the Free Market an opportunity to works its magic. And, a Foreign Policy that is best suited for Tax Payers and not Wall St.

They are the ONLY ones advocating for a Balanced Budget Amendment, a return to the Gold Standard, ending the IRS and Fed Reserve along with a long list of the lettered Departments and Agencies.

Make that 18 Trillion in Debt and well over 60 Trillion in unsecured liabilities.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-20-2014 at 04:20 PM.

I know this is a radical concept for many...

Last edited by Franco; 07-20-2014 at 04:28 PM.

sadly,
    young people are as stupid, if not more stupid than ever. they are easily influenced historically by things that hit them in the "emotional wheelhouse" like the environment, helping others, animal rights and legal weed.

i may not be an authority on this voting demographic but i still own three of them!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    As did the "Dumb College Kids" in the 60's. They smoked dope, had uninhibited sex to name a few. When did you grow up or go to college? "Sex,Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll" ring a bell? Or Woodstock?
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.