The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: In the not....

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Comments like 44's and others makes one realize they really don't understand the problem and still view the Dem vs Repub paradigm as the solution. There is a word for it, "statis" as in Status Quo or static, those willing to perpetuate the same failed two Party system. One would have to not paid any attention over the last several decades to not understand how much the Repubs have contributed to the problems of today.

    That is why I am such a huge proponet of the Millennials and Gen Xers, they for the most part understand that the problem IS the Repubs and the Dems!

    And, for those on here that are advocating for another Civil War; Do you really think a bunch of old white folks with the help of some rednecks and cowboys could win? It would be all the excuse your opposition would need in rubbing you out.

    I really hope your right, I don't believe that the Millennials could do any worse than the selfishness done by the previous generations. Good luck with your political endeavors.

  2. #22
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not an ounce of truth to your statement. Millennials and Gen Xers are much smarter than the Baby Boomers. Afterall, it was the BBers that created the mess.

    And of all people to say a group doesn't know History!
    Franco....here is some real historical facts for you...
    Franco,
    Taking a brief look at average SAT scores of College-Bound Seniors 1952 – 2013….reveals a different story…I will provide the link below, but just a quick summary by showing the low/high scores for each group, with Boomers 1952-1964, millennial 1965 – 1980, and Xer’s 1981 – 1995 (the last year the original SAT scores were used)
    Note that when you look at the new SAT scoring system that is also shown, starting in 1967 they do not use a total score, but break it into Reading, Math, and later Writing. With the notable exception of math where there was a slight improvement in scores starting in 2005, the trends through 2013 are still trending downward.

    Boomers Ave. SAT Total: High-479 in 1956
    Low-472 in 1958
    Total Ave. Scores Dropped – 7points

    Millennials Ave. SAT Total: High-473 in 1965
    Low-424 in 1980

    Total Ave. Scores dropped – 49 points

    Xer’s Ave. SAT Total: High-431 in 1982
    Low-422 in 1991
    Total Ave. Scores dropped 9 points

    Overall the trend since 1956 is down a whopping 48 points! Obviously the Educational system has failed our students….current young adults are less educated than those of the past….!

    www.erikthered.com/tutor/historical-average-SAT-scores.pdf

  3. #23
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    As did the "Dumb College Kids" in the 60's. They smoked dope, had uninhibited sex to name a few. When did you grow up or go to college? "Sex,Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll" ring a bell? Or Woodstock?
    That is exactly the point I'm making... none of us know a damn thing till we have lived long enough to realize we don't know EVERYTHING. Graduated high school in 76, college till 1980. At that age, I had political bumper stickers on my car... couldn't have explained the stance of one single politician, however.
    Bill Davis

  4. #24
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco....here is some real historical facts for you...
    Franco,
    Taking a brief look at average SAT scores of College-Bound Seniors 1952 – 2013….reveals a different story…I will provide the link below, but just a quick summary by showing the low/high scores for each group, with Boomers 1952-1964, millennial 1965 – 1980, and Xer’s 1981 – 1995 (the last year the original SAT scores were used)
    Note that when you look at the new SAT scoring system that is also shown, starting in 1967 they do not use a total score, but break it into Reading, Math, and later Writing. With the notable exception of math where there was a slight improvement in scores starting in 2005, the trends through 2013 are still trending downward.

    Boomers Ave. SAT Total: High-479 in 1956
    Low-472 in 1958
    Total Ave. Scores Dropped – 7points

    Millennials Ave. SAT Total: High-473 in 1965
    Low-424 in 1980

    Total Ave. Scores dropped – 49 points

    Xer’s Ave. SAT Total: High-431 in 1982
    Low-422 in 1991
    Total Ave. Scores dropped 9 points

    Overall the trend since 1956 is down a whopping 48 points! Obviously the Educational system has failed our students….current young adults are less educated than those of the past….!

    www.erikthered.com/tutor/historical-average-SAT-scores.pdf

    All well and good, but you have millenials and gen-x's reversed. the so called millenial generation, or generation Y follows generation X
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #25
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    11,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    All well and good, but you have millenials and gen-x's reversed. the so called millenial generation, or generation Y follows generation X
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
    Correct and if SAT scores were an indication of Intelligence, then we would have to look at who the east and west coast votes for. Add that the Boomers are the ones that have really screwed things up!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Correct and if SAT scores were an indication of Intelligence, then we would have to look at who the east and west coast votes for. Add that the Boomers are the ones that have really screwed things up!
    Most youths today are Democrat due to their indoctrination. Maybe 8 years of BHO has changed that,we can only hope. However they still have to be able to out vote the nearly 50 million and counting on the Gov't dole that will never vote anything that promotes personal responsibility and the potential loss of their free money.

    I wish your theory had merit but the math just doesn't add up unfortunately. I think a whole lot of conservatives could be persuaded to third party "liberty" candidates but as the graphs from your other thread showed, the Dems are pretty hard rooted in the entitlement class.
    Last edited by IowaBayDog; 07-21-2014 at 07:07 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Correct and if SAT scores were an indication of Intelligence, then we would have to look at who the east and west coast votes for. Add that the Boomers are the ones that have really screwed things up!
    Who's the guy with no facts now? Franco you always criticize others like you have some 'inside' knowledge? Perhaps the one in the room that has no grasp of history is the guy you see in the mirror every day. Facts are facts....if you don't know basics, you don't know nothing....and SAT scores test for basics.......guess yours were not to good!

  8. #28
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    11,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Who's the guy with no facts now? Franco you always criticize others like you have some 'inside' knowledge? Perhaps the one in the room that has no grasp of history is the guy you see in the mirror every day. Facts are facts....if you don't know basics, you don't know nothing....and SAT scores test for basics.......guess yours were not to good!
    Swampy, your village is missing their idiot!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  9. #29
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

    Because so many of the Young Americans For Liberty were raised in rural areas
    , they are Gun Rights biggest friend, advocating that no Law abiding citizens should be subjected to ANY Gun Laws. They also advocate against Crony Capitalism and want to end Corporatism for Capitalism and give the Free Market an opportunity to works its magic. And, a Foreign Policy that is best suited for Tax Payers and not Wall St.

    They are the ONLY ones advocating for a Balanced Budget Amendment, a return to the Gold Standard, ending the IRS and Fed Reserve along with a long list of the lettered Departments and Agencies.
    While I tend to agree with those thoughts, the problem is what I bolded, above. Look at any population statistics map and you'll find that these days, only a tiny percentage of Gen Y and the millenials and every baby born after them actually grew up in a rural area. The majority of the Gen Y and Millenials grew up in cities and suburbs and graduate from schools that have dumbed down their curriculum so much they don't even know what the Federal Reserve is, much less how big business and the IRS work. While it's great that a majority of them that grew up in rural areas have a conscience, it's foolish to think that they represent a majority of anything but Libertarians. The majority of those generations have no conscience about anything except how much free stuff they can get. And don't forget our porous borders and anchor babies have further compounded the great Dumbing Down of America. Sometime in either 2012 or 2013 for the first time, whites comprised a minority of births. Blacks remained the same as they have been for years, 12 or 13%. The biggest increase and the largest minority in this country are Hispanics. Their population is expected to rise exponentially. And we all know how they vote.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  10. #30
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Swampy, your village is missing their idiot!
    The Teapot calling the Kettle black....When you have no logic and no point, name calling is all you have.....now that's a true Libertarian stand!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •