The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Judging bias

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    The rule book is open to interpretation. Maybe that's what some people don't understand as well. So instead of hiding behind a handle taking pot shots at my profession (and my law degree does not say IIT) , why don't you come out of the proverbial closet and tell us who you really are. Are you the dogs owner? Or just a friend of the trainer?

I got a discussion of the other seven birds are just irrelevant. It seems to be focusing around one bird.
    Says "Justice Dog".

Quote Originally Posted by thebigcat View Post
    Says "Justice Dog".
    Your friend or pro did well and should be proud of himself and the dog. Finished a 32 dog derby along with some really heavy hitters. And it wasn't too long ago he was just running hunt tests. People have no idea how hard it is to finish a trial these days, and that green ribbon is something to be proud of. I keep each and every one of mine.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

What happened on the other seven birds?
    One more thing Susan, you weren't there. If you were maybe this whole conversation would be avoided.

Your friend or pro did well and should be proud of himself and the dog. Finished a 32 dog derby along with some really heavy hitters. And it wasn't too long ago he was just running hunt tests. People have no idea how hard it is to finish a trial these days, and that green ribbon is something to be proud of. I keep each and every one of mine.
    It doesn't matter if he was previously collecting change in Cook County, you're missing the point of the thread. This could be his first dog or 100th derby dog, the outcome is what matters. All of the points you've brought up lead to the inequalities in FT judging.
    Last edited by thebigcat; 07-21-2014 at 11:59 PM.

One more thing Susan, you weren't there. If you were maybe this whole conversation would be avoided.
    You're the one talking about one bird. I wasn't there. But I also know that you were not holding the book that weekend. But you're wanting to armchair quarterback and be the judge. This whole conversation is one that should've been just left at the bar and not on Facebook or retriever training form. If I were this guy's friend, I would be telling him what a great job he did that weekend. I have seen this guy's dogs run. He will be back to the fourth on a frequent basis.
    Susan

It doesn't matter if he was collecting change in Cook County, you're missing the point of the thread. This could be his first dog or 100th derby dog, the outcome is what matters. All of the points you've brought up lead to the inequalities in FT judging.
    maybe you need to go back and reread things. While there is bias in every competitive sport, for the most part I think that field trial judges try to be fair to the dogs. I also said that people change venues from hunt tests to field trials, they sometimes misinterpret the dog work.

and maybe you should try telling us who you are. Instead of hiding behind a handle.
    Susan

It doesn't matter if he was previously collecting change in Cook County, you're missing the point of the thread. This could be his first dog or 100th derby dog, the outcome is what matters. All of the points you've brought up lead to the inequalities in FT judging.
    The only inequality I see is sour grapes, Shirley.
    Susan

You're the one talking about one bird. I wasn't there. But I also know that you were not holding the book that weekend. But you're wanting to armchair quarterback and be the judge. This whole conversation is one that should've been just left at the bar and not on Facebook or retriever training form. If I were this guy's friend, I would be telling him what a great job he did that weekend. I have seen this guy's dogs run. He will be back to the fourth on a frequent basis.
    I'm NOT talking about one bird. Videos were taken of every series. Keep in mind I didn't start the thread, I'm just trying to keep all the naysayers honest. I'm extremely proud of the dog and handler, but wish JUSTICE would've been done in this instance, I'm sure you can relate.

maybe you need to go back and reread things. While there is bias in every competitive sport, for the most part I think that field trial judges try to be fair to the dogs. I also said that people change venues from hunt tests to field trials, they sometimes misinterpret the dog work.

and maybe you should try telling us who you are. Instead of hiding behind a handle.
    You went from "take your lumps" to "I've seen his dogs run, he'll be in the 4th series frequently". I'll take that as a victory.

This isn't the first trial that this specific dog has "taken lumps". Seems to be more of a pattern than the FT community would like to let on. You saw that trial, so maybe you can comment. Don't incriminate yourself though, don't want your dogs to suffer on a young and comers behalf.

The only inequality I see is sour grapes, Shirley.
    In my mind sour grapes are worth the reach. As long as the team that's judging the ability to reach the grapes is HONEST.