The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Judging bias

Quote Originally Posted by No Drive View Post
    [/B]Just curious, how much hunting time does your dog see and much training have you done yourself? Seems if you live in Chicago not many ducks hunts there nor training grounds. I say the same, if you choose not to train nor hunt your loss....and your dogs loss. They were bred to hunt and I sure enjoy training myself, the bond I have with my dog cannot be matched if my dogs live on a pro's truck.

Seems the field trial folk only need to get together with some drinks and we have an old fashion bar brawl!
    No Drive, you seem to have a few issues. You say you have never run a FT, yet you attack Ft and the folks who run them in every post. You seem to think a dogs ONLY purpose is to hunt (though that is a noble one).

You seem to think because someone lives in or near Chicago, they don't hunt (tells me you are pretty young).

For someone who hasn't been around the game at all (so you say), to come out doing nothing but attacking it seems a little disingenuous at best.

I suggest you either go to a few trials and learn something... Or just stop talking about them... Because you clearly have no idea WTH you are talking about.

PS... Notice my handle? I am a hunter first... FTer second.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    I find it amusing that years ago, when I said that newcomers need to earn respect, Susan and Lainee jumped all over me. And now?
    I don't recall that, but I do recall you questioning my commitment and dedication to the sport....but that is history. Some things change with time, including opinions, so maybe we did argue opposite points in the past but I have not once said newcomers need to earn respect, I think everyone coming into the game should be given respect until proven otherwise...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

I have limited experience at the FT line , but I will say I have never felt hosed by a judge. I have personally met a few folks on this thread and hope to one day meet a few more of them in person. (I've even managed to piss 1 or 2 of them off I'm sure ,but still have great respect for them) The ones I have met have been very encouraging and sincerely congratulate anyone that does a good job.
    I have great respect for anyone willing to judge and set themselves up each week for 4 people to like them and the rest of the crowd to pass negative judgement on them. I feel before I could criticize someone about their job I need to fully understand what their job is.....I've got a long way to go before I can criticize a judge!

Learn to take your lickin and keep on tickin....life aint all t!ts and ice cream.

P.S I cant decide which is more exciting , taking my FT dog hunting or running my hunting dog in FT's.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No Drive, you seem to have a few issues. You say you have never run a FT, yet you attack Ft and the folks who run them in every post. You seem to think a dogs ONLY purpose is to hunt (though that is a noble one).

You seem to think because someone lives in or near Chicago, they don't hunt (tells me you are pretty young).

For someone who hasn't been around the game at all (so you say), to come out doing nothing but attacking it seems a little disingenuous at best.

I suggest you either go to a few trials and learn something... Or just stop talking about them... Because you clearly have no idea WTH you are talking about.

PS... Notice my handle? I am a hunter first... FTer second.
    Bill you are wrong on many things here. One,I don't desire to "attack" field trials one only has to read a very limited posts to se FT people attacked themselves with no problem, all one needs to do and sit back and read, they fight amongst themselves enough to entertain me. Second, you feed your dog, be it a couch dog, FT dog, or hunter I have no issues either way. I also have run a few Qs and derbies, I like trials and met some great people. Most important saw some very good dog work.I will run more this next spring Q and derby and I will not complain or whine win or loose, I will enjoy the ride.

Also I am glad you think you got good hunting in liberal ultra gun control state Ill, that way you can leave the hunting alone here in North Dakota. My dog retrieves more birds on one day of snow goose hunting then most will in 5 seasons hunting in Ill.

For the record I have been to more then just a "few" trials, worked many of them. Maybe you should hunt a day or two where I do, then you would know what you are talking about when it comes to hunting.

Enjoy your dogs,

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    I have limited experience at the FT line , but I will say I have never felt hosed by a judge. I have personally met a few folks on this thread and hope to one day meet a few more of them in person. (I've even managed to piss 1 or 2 of them off I'm sure ,but still have great respect for them) The ones I have met have been very encouraging and sincerely congratulate anyone that does a good job.
    I have great respect for anyone willing to judge and set themselves up each week for 4 people to like them and the rest of the crowd to pass negative judgement on them. I feel before I could criticize someone about their job I need to fully understand what their job is.....I've got a long way to go before I can criticize a judge!

Learn to take your lickin and keep on tickin....life aint all t!ts and ice cream.

P.S I cant decide which is more exciting , taking my FT dog hunting or running my hunting dog in FT's.
    Good post. Sometimes three of the four aren't happy
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    You wouldn't know if I hunt or not. You don't get 507000 miles on your truck sitting home. You get it my working and training your dogs in addition to trialing. Seems like you know nothing about where our training grounds in Chicago are located either. Your just wanting to be a hunting snob without any information. And I would match the bond I have with my dogs to anyone's. They work their hearts out for me.

I find it curious that someone who hides behind a handle and just joins on 7-9-2014 is attacking people they don't know. Another noob with an agenda it seems to me.

And you're right. My dogs never have any fun. This dog never set a paw on a pro truck. And just so we're clear, that would be 28 greenheads and 5 woodies pulled out of the Mississippi when it was as cold as ice.... matter of fact, there was ice.

have a good day, Shirley.
    Shirely glad to see one of your dogs was trained by you, good feeling isn't it? Not a hunting snob at all and my just joining states nothing of the fact I have been training hounds and retrievers for more than 30 years. No I can't brag I put 500,000 miles on my truck, (hell couldn't even afford the gas for that trip!) but I will tell you I have a lot of miles in my boots setting up snow geese dekes, pounding cattails in 8 below weather chasing pheasants, and I have a shotgun with thousands and thousands of rounds dropping wild game for my retrievers while guiding clients on hunts.

Secret: I have no idea where you hunt, but Woodies are the first ducks to leave North Dakota when it gets cold. They are long gone by the time the water turns hard here so glad you shot them on a day with ice.

PS; Hint...those are not Greenheads, those are Canadian geese, google them, there is a difference between green heads and geese.
    Last edited by No Drive; 07-23-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Shirely glad to see one of your dogs was trained by you, good feeling isn't it? Not a hunting snob at all and my just joining states nothing of the fact I have been training hounds and retrievers for more than 30 years. No I can't brag I put 500,000 miles on my truck, (hell couldn't even afford the gas for that trip!) but I will tell you I have a lot of miles in my boots setting up snow geese dekes, pounding cattails in 8 below weather chasing pheasants, and I have a shotgun with thousands and thousands of rounds dropping wild game for my retrievers while guiding clients on hunts.

Secret: I have no idea where you hunt, but Woodies are the first ducks to leave North Dakota when it gets cold. They are long gone by the time the water turns hard here so glad you shot them on a day with ice.

PS; Hint...those are not Greenheads, those are Canadian geese, google them, there is a difference between green heads and geese.
    12 if my dogs have been trained by me @@###wipe. you don't know how much time my dogs have spent on a pro truck or not. and you don't know what kind of birds they have picked up and when. as I said, just another jerk with an agenda. & I know what we hunted. & I know when we hunted. and you don't know me at all shirley. Instead of hiding behind a handle, why don't you make yourself known? and now you want to claim you you ran field trials I know so much. Why don't you post up your results?And I'm sure you leap tall buildings with a single bound. With a cape with a big red s on it. Shirley.
    Last edited by JusticeDog; 07-23-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Bill you are wrong on many things here. One,I don't desire to "attack" field trials one only has to read a very limited posts to se FT people attacked themselves with no problem, all one needs to do and sit back and read, they fight amongst themselves enough to entertain me. Second, you feed your dog, be it a couch dog, FT dog, or hunter I have no issues either way. I also have run a few Qs and derbies, I like trials and met some great people. Most important saw some very good dog work.I will run more this next spring Q and derby and I will not complain or whine win or loose, I will enjoy the ride.

Also I am glad you think you got good hunting in liberal ultra gun control state Ill, that way you can leave the hunting alone here in North Dakota. My dog retrieves more birds on one day of snow goose hunting then most will in 5 seasons hunting in Ill.

For the record I have been to more then just a "few" trials, worked many of them. Maybe you should hunt a day or two where I do, then you would know what you are talking about when it comes to hunting.

Enjoy your dogs,
    I'm not wrong on one thing.

You don't know WTH you are talking about. You just talk.
    Bill Davis

There could be a problem shooting "Canadian" geese. You should stick to the Canada's or Just stick to killing those Sky Carp! Your holy than thou attitude is getting old, although entertaining. We have a few birds down south also. Take a look at the harvest numbers by state. AND we use dogs to retrieve our birds. Crazy huh!

I've never seen much of a retrieving challenge for a dog when 50 sky carp are landing 20 yds from them .JS
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "