The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual purpose lab breeders?

I agree with kerrybrooks, I have a Vince x Jazz daughter.
    Another qualitly Kennel is Deep Run Farms outside of DC,
    They have 3 males that are Ch/MH, Phyillis and Jack run a Grade A operation

If you really dead set on chocolates, Check out Cresthill Kennels, they are a bit pricey but it is an investment for 12-15 years
    Hope this helps but these are breeders in my neck of the woods
    Last edited by whistle_wings; 07-21-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Why not go back to the kennel you got your boy from? Or post your dogs pedigree (or parents names) so we can point you in that direction.
    Last edited by Nicole; 07-20-2014 at 09:24 PM.

I second Chilbrook. Also check out Palmetto Gund Dogs in SC. They just had a litter of black and chocolates this weekend
    Nicole

Trained by:
    AKC CH pointed USJ HR U-GRCH Fish Dog's Playing in the Kona Surf MH CGC "Kona"
    WindyCanyon's Don't Stop Believin JH " Journey"- Heathen in training
    Folly Hill's Crazy Train @ Triple Threat " Ozzy"
    www.triplethreatretrievers.com

You've gotten some good suggestions there. If indeed you are looking for chocolate, it'd be good to get on a breeder's wait list now if your part of the country is like mine. There are not that many "all arounder" type breeders out there, and my chocolates seem to have long wait lists especially. I already have at least 8 waiting for a litter that won't be bred until January... You'd think chocolate was the new black in the NW-- Best of luck! Anne

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    You'd think chocolate was the new black in the NW-- Best of luck! Anne
    Not here, Anne black is where its at in my house, lol
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

The look you are wanting to find is going to be difficult I was in the same boat not too long ago! Its disappointing.... anywho I would recommend you talking to Amy Avery out in NC. I just got my pup from her (featured in my avatar) she should develop more of the looks you were describing (Sugar her mom was 80lbs). She also has a litter due soon with a part english sire. She offers all three colors, well worth a look in my opinion. http://www.akskennels.net/id1.html
    "If you can't love a dog like a family member don't get one because they only know how to look at you as a pack member and to them.... that is FAMILY."

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Not here, Anne black is where its at in my house, lol
    Love my blacks too, Billie!!!! But I do like a nice looking chocolate as well, and find the coats are probably the best of the bunch. Yellow is last on my list...

I don't know how hard you hunt but you mention divers in the gulf, that's going to require some drive. So do you want/need a ton of drive? Do you want/need the off switch around the house to be off off or just kind of off? my definition of blocky head and yours may be completely different. Many hardcore field trial pedigree dogs fit my idea of great looks but you may want one that looks like a solid colored Rottweiler so give a bit more description and some pics of dogs you like maybe?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

image.jpg

This is my Chilbrook Lone Ranger pup, he was not yet a year old in this pic. He definitely has a show look, but he is not a plodder. He is a fast, hard driving dog. He looks like a body builder with all his muscles now that he is mature.

This is my girl, Tally. Show bred dam though never shown, by a Ch/MH QAA sire

IMG_3804a.jpg

And my boy, Deacon. Same mother, by a Ch/MH

IMG_0623b.jpg

Deacon has his SH and is an active HRD dog (human remains detection) with me as his handler, with the state of Virginia. Tally is a few years younger, but will be doing the same as her brother by next year.

You can find the dual bred, as there is more than one breeder out there that likes the classic looks as well as the classic drive. Most are small time breeders that know what they want and breed only occasionally.
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson