The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transporting Game

As the possession limit is generally twice the daily bag limit, it seems to me that most here probably break that regulation with some degree of frequency (and that it is almost never enforced).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I haven't had a chance to refresh my memory but the daily limit for doves is 15. New last year Feds changed to allow a person a 3 day possession limit. So 45 doves would be the maximum allowed to be possessed by any single person at any one time. Possession limits would include any birds you were transporting plus any birds you have in storage. Once birds are moved to consumption or gifted they no longer are considered in your possession.

I understand how you could think it is not enforced but I suspect it is used as a tool more than you realize. Sounds like you should visit with your local warden(assuming you want to be in compliance). I tell people all the time to call and ask questions. The passenger seat of my work truck is not the time to be learning the regulations!!

Possession limit is exactly that a possession limit, no matter where they are possessed. Dove do not require a wing to be attached though, only waterfowl.

Quote Originally Posted by kpolley View Post
    I haven't had a chance to refresh my memory but the daily limit for doves is 15. New last year Feds changed to allow a person a 3 day possession limit. So 45 doves would be the maximum allowed to be possessed by any single person at any one time. Possession limits would include any birds you were transporting plus any birds you have in storage. Once birds are moved to consumption or gifted they no longer are considered in your possession.

I understand how you could think it is not enforced but I suspect it is used as a tool more than you realize. Sounds like you should visit with your local warden(assuming you want to be in compliance). I tell people all the time to call and ask questions. The passenger seat of my work truck is not the time to be learning the regulations!!
    It's statements like this that only tend to obfuscate the issue. If you mean once they are cooked, or once they are eaten, just say that.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Just drive.... put in cooler and drive....

Quote Originally Posted by DropinBack View Post
    Just drive.... put in cooler and drive....
    That's probably what I'd do too.

If they're already gunnin' for your ass, they're gonna hit it with as many bullets as they can.
    But, if they have no reason to mess with you, they aren't going to bother you about piddly BS.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown