The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rick Perry sends National Guard to secure border...

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Massachusetts is Little Mexico... really..it is.. and Yes we have all you mentioned... even the Ox tail

Reason why ..we have the best welfare in all the 50 states. Even Obama's relatives have settled in here.
    Not saying you don't have issues there either but we couldn't even fit all ours in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Hugh : thats a cool list because I can find most of those items at both the Mariana's mexican food store and Seafood City, the filipino store, both located just down the street from where I live...

and "Nopalito" was my friend Cactus Pryor's nickname as a kid..his dog's were FC AFC Macho de Nopal....and FC AFC Ol' Yeller
    We're talking every grocery store in town, not a restaurant and a store. There are towns with 30k plus people and 90 percent are from Mexico. No all aren't illegal but they have family members who are I guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    We're talking every grocery store in town, not a restaurant and a store. There are towns with 30k plus people and 90 percent are from Mexico. No all aren't illegal but they have family members who are I guarantee.
    The grocery stores I shop at (MN) all have a couple isles for Hispanic foods, and the larger ones label their isles in both English and Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The grocery stores I shop at (MN) all have a couple isles for Hispanic foods, and the larger ones label their isles in both English and Spanish.
    Again, I'm not saying it's not a problem nationwide but we are talking different numbers of people here. That's what people dont seem to understand. I mentioned a town, well its not just one, there are plenty with stores like that. Look at the population base for San Antonio, Del Rio, Laredo, Brownsville, etc.. People dont seem to quite understand the population numbers we are talking about down here. You walk into a store in any of those cities and you will be in the minority, sometimes recieve funny looks, like what are you doing here.

This came off Del Rio's website that I googled.
    Hispanic - 29,644 (83.6%)
    White alone - 4,975 (14.0%)
    Black alone - 484 (1.4%)
    Two or more races - 207 (0.6%)
    Asian alone - 154 (0.4%)
    American Indian alone - 7 (0.02%)

Laredo....
    Population by Hispanic or Latino Origin 2010 % 2000 % 2000-2010 Change
    Persons Not of Hispanic or Latino Origin 10,341 4.38% 10,391 5.86% -50 -0.48%
    Persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin 225,750 95.62% 166,806 94.14% 58,944 35.34%

Chart isnt coming up right but it's 2010 then the year 2000 and the last is the change from 2000-2010 for both Laredo and San Antonio

San Antonio....look at the % of change...ridiculous
    Population by Hispanic or Latino Origin (of any race)
    Persons Not of Hispanic or Latino Origin 488,455 36.80% 477,260 41.43% 11,195 2.35%
    Persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin 838,952 63.20% 674,719 58.57% 164,233 24.34%
    Last edited by dwhite; 07-24-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Our hard working Cajun population kind of keeps illegal immigration don in this area. There aren't too many jobs that a local is willing to step up and take. Many here are too proud to take government handouts.

However, we have a few and they opened a little grocery store and restaurant on Cameron St. A couple of months ago I noticed that they serve Chilli Relleno every Wednesday for lunch. So, that is where I have lunch on Wednesdays. Best damn Chilli Relleno I've ever had. Now I bring co-workers who like authentic Mex food but were a bit scared to go into the place. Now, they go one their own and treat us like royalty when we go!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

The key question was "where in the store are the corn tortillas?".
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    Again, I'm not saying it's not a problem nationwide but we are talking different numbers of people here. That's what people dont seem to understand. I mentioned a town, well its not just one, there are plenty with stores like that. Look at the population base for San Antonio, Del Rio, Laredo, Brownsville, etc.. People dont seem to quite understand the population numbers we are talking about down here. You walk into a store in any of those cities and you will be in the minority, sometimes recieve funny looks, like what are you doing here.

This came off Del Rio's website that I googled.
    Hispanic - 29,644 (83.6%)
    White alone - 4,975 (14.0%)
    Black alone - 484 (1.4%)
    Two or more races - 207 (0.6%)
    Asian alone - 154 (0.4%)
    American Indian alone - 7 (0.02%)

Laredo....
    Population by Hispanic or Latino Origin 2010 % 2000 % 2000-2010 Change
    Persons Not of Hispanic or Latino Origin 10,341 4.38% 10,391 5.86% -50 -0.48%
    Persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin 225,750 95.62% 166,806 94.14% 58,944 35.34%

Chart isnt coming up right but it's 2010 then the year 2000 and the last is the change from 2000-2010 for both Laredo and San Antonio

San Antonio....look at the % of change...ridiculous
    Population by Hispanic or Latino Origin (of any race)
    Persons Not of Hispanic or Latino Origin 488,455 36.80% 477,260 41.43% 11,195 2.35%
    Persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin 838,952 63.20% 674,719 58.57% 164,233 24.34%
    Every city across America where public housing, high rise, triple decker's, exists in cities the Latino community has grown to the extent that in 20 years they will be the majority race across all America. The White man now knows how the Native Americans felt when wave after wave of White Europeans pushed them off their land...

This land is your land, this land is our land..... and times have changed.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post

in the cold deli section if they are made fresh daily....the flour ones can also be used in a pinch for crepes, sandwich wraps, and for lumpia (filipino egg roll)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    in the cold deli section if they are made fresh daily....the flour ones can also be used in a pinch for crepes, sandwich wraps, and for lumpia (filipino egg roll)
    Ah Hah! Tortillas go on the BREAD isle!! Go to any store within 100 miles of the border and the tortillas will be with the bread. When my brother moved to SC a bit over 20 years ago, he and his wife decided to throw an authentic Tex Mex party for some of his co-workers. He scoured the store searching for tortillas. Told the little girl working there what he was looking for. She was unfamiliar with the term "tortilla", and ended up showing my brother the pita breads. My brother finally found the tortillas in the frozen food section. When he showed them to the girl she said "Oh, you mean tacos" (pronouncing the "a" as in cat). He called me and the first thing he said was "where do you look for tortillas?".
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    The better ones are in the dairy section. Crappy ones in the Mexican section
    '
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI