The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Perry sends National Guard to secure border...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The funny thing is, these kids are coming to the border AND TURNING THEMSELVES IN! I saw a picture of Perry beside a national guard member and his machine gun. So what are this guys's orders? Mow them down before they can wave a white flag?
    It is my understanding the guard is there to help with the job of the boarder agents who are to busy babbysitting.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    All I was doing was pointing my belief that Perry's actions hinge on his political aspirations.
    How noble of you Buzz.....of your nearly 7000 posts you've done that on a very regular basis. None that I can recall were ever aimed at Dems however......I can only assume therefore that in your view current policies are purely humanitarian and in no way a ploy to gain political advantage with a rapidly growing minority at the expense of the nation.

I'm interested in your response to RK
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    How noble of you Buzz.....of your nearly 7000 posts you've done that on a very regular basis. None that I can recall were ever aimed at Dems however......I can only assume therefore that in your view current policies are purely humanitarian and in no way a ploy to gain political advantage with a rapidly growing minority at the expense of the nation.

In-State Tuition for Undocumented Students for Texas. BTW he was tore up for this in the R presidential primary. This is something the D's like to forget. Maybe this program should be stopped because it costs the tax payers over a billion dollars per year in Texas. 12 million is pocket change.

from the Daily Caller - By the numbers U.S.A - https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Quote Originally Posted by dc
    There will be an epidemic in the US this September - I retired a year ago from a large school district in Seattle.
    The increase in illegal migrant children in the system over the past 10 years has taxed our education resources to the max.
    We have families who have had children in our schools for over 5 years & the parents still need a taxpayer funded interpreter
    to attend their child's conferences & translate documents. The majority of the parents have about a 4th grade education &
    most seem disinterested in learning English (even though the district offered FREE English classes & child care, few attended).
    With the implementation of Common Core & the continuous dumbing down of our classes the US no longer will be able to
    compete as a world leader. Our money would be better spent in the countries these illegal are coming from.
    We accept 1 million/year - 80 million new ones are bred - Our US Senator (on her 5th term) & a congresswoman are proposing
    $130,000,000 to build schools on Joint Base Lewis McChord, a military base. What can be wrong with that type of humanitarian
    thinking.

Buzz's daughter will end up competing in anything but a meritocracy because she has an idiot for a father .
    Last edited by Marvin S; 07-22-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by schusker View Post
    It is my understanding the guard is there to help with the job of the boarder agents who are to busy babysitting.
    That makes some sense, since the BP has to leave their regular border duties to attend to the incoming. Also read that the cartels are using other border crossings for their activities since the BP has been forced to put so many people at the TX crossing points.

Doesn't the military have capability for mobile hospital set-ups? Or FEMA?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So, what would YOU do?
    Hmmm.......crickets. Probably been on a marathon training session.....or golfing or playing pool or looking for hard drives or...........
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Hmmm.......crickets. Probably been on a marathon training session.....or golfing or playing pool or looking for hard drives or...........
    No, I'm kinda busy trying to make a living. I should be training with my pro all day today but he had something come up, otherwise POTUS would have never crossed my mind today.

What would I do? Not sure, but I don't think putting the national guard along the border will stem the flow. How do other countries handle it when refugees, sometimes by the millions flood across their borders? This problem pales in comparison, at least so far.

When I saw this picture from Hannity's twitter feed, all I could think is, Perry is trying to repair the damage he did to himself on immigration during the last presidential primary season. A right wing politician can never lose with his constituency by putting on a cool hat, pair of stylish sunglasses, a flack jacket, and looking like a tough guy next to a gun.

Sorry, I don't fee obligated to point out my disagreements with Democrats here. Clearly the right has all the representation it needs here on POTUS, you all don't need my help...

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Other countries set up a tent city, and call in the help of the UN and Doctors without borders. Provide care, but never send them into their school systems and welfare systems.

A good President would get on TV and tell everyone to not bother to try to sneak in because you will be returned to your home... they would explain the correct way to immigrate and get on a list...

but we have a leader who only wants the redistribution of wealth, as long as it does not affect his way of life and family.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post

but we have a leader who only wants the redistribution of wealth, as long as it does not affect his way of life and family.
    That's the funny thing about the proponents of redistribution. They always want to redistribute someone else's money.

I see the estimated cost of this deployment per month is now up to $17 million. X 12months=$204 million per year.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.