The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: meat supplier in China ( ? ) changed expiration date on meat

Default meat supplier in China ( ? ) changed expiration date on meat

charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

and it was probably dog meat.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I guess I will never eat at a fast food vendor again... imagine, they have to go to China to get processed meats... the list of companies selling China meat is enough to make Americans sick .
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

According to the link this happen in China. Meat sourced in China for outlets in China.

Given that this is not a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    I guess I will never eat at a fast food vendor again... imagine, they have to go to China to get processed meats... the list of companies selling China meat is enough to make Americans sick .
    Who knows what comes from where anymore. The "additives" that were in dog foods a few years back from another country scared me big time. I will not give any dog treats made in another country but how does one know what is in the American made treats and foods for dogs. Never mind what we humans are being fed ! I understand that one additive that is no longer used in dog treats and foods is in our own food. Of course its been a while since I read that so I hope that has been "fixed".
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Who knows what comes from where anymore. The "additives" that were in dog foods a few years back from another country scared me big time. I will not give any dog treats made in another country but how does one know what is in the American made treats and foods for dogs. Never mind what we humans are being fed ! I understand that one additive that is no longer used in dog treats and foods is in our own food. Of course its been a while since I read that so I hope that has been "fixed".
    USDA requires country of origin statement on all imported meat products for human consumption. Magnum, to put your mind at ease, McDonald's has a very stringent product requirement for product to be sold in their stores. We ship to the processor for them every day.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    USDA requires country of origin statement on all imported meat products for human consumption. Magnum, to put your mind at ease, McDonald's has a very stringent product requirement for product to be sold in their stores. We ship to the processor for them every day.
    Shiny, it is other things besides the meat that can be harmful. Ethoxiquin ( spelling ? ) was one of the things that was considered harmful in times past. A few years after the horse owners raised the alarm on it in animal feed and it was largely being left out of animal feed in the USA. At that time country of origin of that additive was not info on the dog food container. Some while after that it was still in some human food products. A very large mostly American company was the one selling it. Of course the name was a little different in the human food............I have no idea about all this at the present time. My point in case you miss it is that a lot of the time we really don't know what we are eating. Just because the governments say that companies can't do something is no reason to believe that no one will break that rule. We started driving 70 miles one way to buy our dog food at one time. More stuff being put into animals that wind up in our dog (and people ) food than we know about. Growth hormones, anti-biotics etc. Some products are still on the market probably that say animals must be taken off of that med so many days before slaughter.......
    what do you know about that ? I would think you would have first hand info.
    charly

~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Shiny, it is other things besides the meat that can be harmful. Ethoxiquin ( spelling ? ) was one of the things that was considered harmful in times past. A few years after the horse owners raised the alarm on it in animal feed and it was largely being left out of animal feed in the USA. At that time country of origin of that additive was not info on the dog food container. Some while after that it was still in some human food products. A very large mostly American company was the one selling it. Of course the name was a little different in the human food............I have no idea about all this at the present time. My point in case you miss it is that a lot of the time we really don't know what we are eating. Just because the governments say that companies can't do something is no reason to believe that no one will break that rule. We started driving 70 miles one way to buy our dog food at one time. More stuff being put into animals that wind up in our dog (and people ) food than we know about. Growth hormones, anti-biotics etc. Some products are still on the market probably that say animals must be taken off of that med so many days before slaughter.......
    what do you know about that ? I would think you would have first hand info.
    We are going through our BRC audit this week. Not sure what the BRC stands for. In short, if we don't pass our audit, we lose our ability to ship to foreign countries. This involves condition of the facility, cleanliness, record keeping, regulatory compliance and numerous other items. Part of the regulatory compliance is labeling and identifying all cattle through our facility. Age is a huge item, due to BSE, otherwise known as "mad cow", and that is one record that is scrutinized heavily. We contract with cattle producers that supply our facilities. We require multiple items be documented by the producer, hormones, age, vaccination records, birthplace. 95% of our suppliers microchip the calves as soon as they are born so we can track the lifetime of the animal. Hope this makes sense.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

The problem for any Corporation dealing with China is the vendors will do anything to make shipping commitments. They do not understand ethical behavior. In a land where so many want a better way of life they cut corners to achieve it. If caught they often pay with their life.