The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: It's Starting

Default It's Starting

With the Hobby Lobby case recently. Now people are pushing the envelope.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...religious.html
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Odumba$$ shouldn't have pushed the envelope with the first amendment to begin with.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Let me clarify that I don't agree with her.

BTW The article does not mention which type of birth control pill that she is suppose to be prescribing.

However, my but, in this case. Now, it is a conservative throwing a courts decision back into the liberals face. They don't like it much and just keep hammering away with the other sides game plan. If you cannot win at the ballot box, go to congress, lose there then take it to the courts. You have, I believe, 9 districts and you can hammer away in all at the same time. Eventually you will get carbon dioxide ruled a pollutant.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 07-21-2014 at 04:05 PM.

This is a pretty frivolous lawsuit.

I think the article stated that that she would only prescribe barrier method birth control (i.e. condoms).
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    This is a pretty frivolous lawsuit.

I think the article stated that that she would only prescribe barrier method birth control (i.e. condoms).
    I would love to see a scrip wrote by a doctor for condoms. Maybe it is new thing in nursing homes which I've been missing.

As mentioning before it starts out as baby steps, pardon the pun, and keeps getting larger. Maybe they will start boycotting the companies which manufacture the products.

WRT abortion, when a doctor or hospital refuses to participate in abortion, they are simply required to refer the individual to another doctor or hospital that will provide the service. So, this nurse would only have to agree to do the same if one of her patients wishes a form of birth control in which she does not wish to be complicit.

Hormonal birth control may be inappropriate for some women based on their medical history. If the ones in question in this case were not the controversial abortifacients, I can't really see how, religiously speaking, other hormonal contraceptives would be any different from condoms unless there was some medical reason not to use hormonal methods. The RCs are against ALL contraceptives ... only abstinence is allowed. I wonder what faith this nurse belongs to.

It was wrong of the employer to use that as the basis for not hiring her. They were discriminating based on her religion. They could have offered her other options to not compromise her religious beliefs. OTOH, if they had multiple, equally qualified individuals, who did not require special accommodations, why should an employer be required to cause themselves more problems in operation of their business? Not as simple as it might appear on the surface.

Hobby Lobby did not deny their employees use of these other contraceptive options; they simply were not required to pay for those few items. They did not discriminate in their hiring practices.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

If you are in doing the interview and the person states that have moral objections to doing the job for which you hiring them to do, not only do you have to question whether they are a good fit for the job, but the real motivations for even applying for it.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."