The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Obamas buying fancy mansion in So. Cal. (I knew it!)

  1. #11
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,738

    Default

    If I had it to do all over again, I too would chose to live somewhere between San Diego and San Juan Capistrano!

    You just can NOT beat the weather as it is the best in the world. Moderate temps, no humidity and awesome scenery.

    Who knows, I just might make that move yet after the November elections.

    regards,

    Don Diego del la Vega
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If I had it to do all over again, I too would chose to live somewhere between San Diego and San Juan Capistrano!

    You just can NOT beat the weather as it is the best in the world. Moderate temps, no humidity and awesome scenery.

    Who knows, I just might make that move yet after the November elections.

    regards,

    Don Diego del la Vega
    Hi taxes, controlled by libs, tons of goofy regulations and laws... Whats not to love?
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hi taxes, controlled by libs, tons of goofy regulations and laws... Whats not to love?
    Yet some of the country's wealthiest people live there. Too many people in general for me. Must not be too bad living there if the stars live there.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

  4. #14
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hi taxes, controlled by libs, tons of goofy regulations and laws... Whats not to love?
    In retirement, who cares!

    Just as long as I could sit on my deck overlooking the Pacific Ocean smoking a bowl of Frog Morton in a Savinelli Billiard

    P S

    I worked for CBS Radio Los Angeles in the early 90's when Wilson was Gov. It was goofy back then but, I could also play Tennis at 1pm in the middle of the Summer and not break a sweat.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-22-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  5. #15
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hi taxes, controlled by libs, tons of goofy regulations and laws... Whats not to love?
    Franco Better leave his guns behind also.....

  6. #16
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    In retirement, who cares!

    Just as long as I could sit on my deck overlooking the Pacific Ocean smoking a bowl of Frog Morton in a Savinelli Billiard

    P S

    I worked for CBS Radio Los Angeles in the early 90's when Wilson was Gov. It was goofy back then but, I could also play Tennis at 1pm in the middle of the Summer and not break a sweat.

    I wonder if you worked with my friend Fred Gallagher, he did sports on KNX 1070, his son is a journeyman pro golfer....

    I pictured you as more of a Humboldt County kind of guy
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #17
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I wonder if you worked with my friend Fred Gallagher, he did sports on KNX 1070, his son is a journeyman pro golfer....

    I pictured you as more of a Humboldt County kind of guy
    I worked a KRRQ (K-Rock) and lived next to UCLA in Westwood. I didn't have ac or heat in my apartment and never needed it! What a beautiful campus UCLA. However, Pepperdine has the best view!

    On weekends, I tended to drive south on PCH than North. Though I did make the drive on PCH to SF for a Saints' game once. Also saw them play the Chargers at Jack Murphy Stadium. On Sundays, went to Marina Del Ray to the Saints bar and watched games with other fans. Kickoffs were 10am! The bartender made great N O style Bloody Marys.

    I had to look up Humbolt Co. Went there once to visit a relative in Eureka. Beautiful country. Also made a duck hunt near Chico where all the early Robinhood movies were shot. I found Yosemite much more breath-taking than the Grand Canyon as I took 6 weeks to drive back to New Orleans to work for Clear Channel.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  8. #18
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    [SIZE=3Wonder why he's not going back to Sh!tcago?[/SIZE]
    Who would want to go back there? That town is only worthy of the most vile vocabulary.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  9. #19
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Hussein's west coast location makes sense now. Even if Hollywood won't have him, I hear he's opening a transportation company.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  10. #20
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Who would want to go back there? That town is only worthy of the most vile vocabulary.
    No one goes to Chicago. You get sent.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •