The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tri-Tronics Pro 100 G3 Transmitter Battery Life

I am good but #1 training partner has a fairly new transmitter that has no range so I am off to Batteries Plus tomorrow to see what they can do.

2005 G2 that knock on wood is still going like the energizer bunny. Original battery on Honda 4 wheeler finally crapped out after 13 years. Discharge all the way once a month and recharge if your not using everyday and they will last longer.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    It's not as bad as it seems. If you need a battery right now, you can take your Xmitter pack in to a Batteries Plus, or similar establishment and have a new one built with new cells.

I hope people didn't panic buy and dry up the supply. NiMH batteries aren't something to be stockpiled, as they go bad just as quickly (if not more so) on the shelf, as they do from being used and re-charged.
    Same with Pro Control batteries. Got mine replaced for $20/reciever instead of $35 through TT.
    Daren Galloway

My question is not on the transmitter batteries but the collar/reciever batteries as they are a sealed almost seperate unit as far as I can tell from the rest of the collar. Are those going to be produced or is there a way to disassemble them further than meets the eye and have an establishment like Batteries Plus make one?
    Daren Galloway

I took the G3 transmitter battery pack to Batteries Plus as suggested, $15 plus tax to build one, ready tomorrow, a simple solution if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Daren Galloway View Post
    My question is not on the transmitter batteries but the collar/reciever batteries as they are a sealed almost seperate unit as far as I can tell from the rest of the collar. Are those going to be produced or is there a way to disassemble them further than meets the eye and have an establishment like Batteries Plus make one?
    If not, they are back ordered until October by Tri-Tronics. Thank you very much Garmin can we have another.............
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by Daren Galloway View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it can be done. I just haven't had one go bad yet, to necessitate my undertaking of the task.

Just about any rechargeable battery can be gutted and rebuilt using new cells.
    The trick is in not destroying the housing that contains the cells, and keeps water out.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown