The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kudos to EE.

Default Kudos to EE.

After the recent spate of issues with limited MH entries, late scratches after the EE office closes, spots going unfilled, etc, I figured give some credit where it's due, when it happens the other way. I've had several of mine entered in multiple MH for months, because of the Limited issue and the spaces filling fast. I've scratched some early on or just before the day of closing to give others chances to enter, but Monday, didn't scratch until after 8 pm and felt bad that the club would lose the entries and someone else could have run. I was surprised to get an almost immediate acknowledgement from Tara King at EE, the scratches made and the two entries filled by others before closing. I don't know if that's how it will continue to work or just happened to be someone working late, but, it made a difference for multiple people, so, thank you, Tara & EE!
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

EE appreciates your comments & I'll make sure Tara knows too. Tara is doing her best but can't work 24/7 so sometimes clubs will still close events with less than a full/limited field. Unfortunately these limited master issues have increased Tara's workload substantially as currently scratches can only be processed manually by email or phone call to the EE office. The ultimate issue is that with the advent of the limited master combined with the current Master Nat'l qualification interest, there simply are more who want to enter events than there are available slots for entry - in certain local areas of the country. EE is in the process of trying to automate the scratch process that will make Tara's workload more reasonably sustainable & at the same time help insure that clubs with limited stakes are able to close with a full field. The core issue - having a supply of limited master slots that will reasonably meet demand, is being considered & addressed by the RHTAC & AKC.

The EE task to automate the scratch process, making it an on-line entrant operation that can be accomplished 24/7 without EE support involvement, is reasonably simple in concept but somewhat more complicated in terms of software coding, given the current EE software architecture. EE is evaluating the process and possible solutions at this time and hopes to have implementation within the next several months. If the RHTAC & the AKC mandate rule changes related to the limited master stake, EE will attempt to address those as well to the extent that such changes would affect the club event setup & entry operations.
    Last edited by Granddaddy; 07-23-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    EE appreciates your comments & I'll make sure Tara knows too. Tara is doing her best but can't work 24/7 so sometimes clubs will still close events with less than a full/limited field. Unfortunately these limited master issues have increased Tara's workload substantially as currently scratches can only be processed manually by email or phone call to the EE office. The ultimate issue is that with the advent of the limited master combined with the current Master Nat'l qualification interest, there simply are more who want to enter events than there are available slots for entry - in certain local areas of the country. EE is in the process of trying to automate the scratch process that will make Tara's workload more reasonably sustainable & at the same time help insure that clubs with limited stakes are able to close with a full field. The core issue - having a supply of limited master slots that will reasonably meet demand, is being considered & addressed by the RHTAC & AKC.

The EE task to automate the scratch process, making it an on-line entrant operation that can be accomplished 24/7 without EE support involvement, is reasonably simple in concept but somewhat more complicated in terms of software coding, given the current EE software architecture. EE is evaluating the process and possible solutions at this time and hopes to have implementation within the next several months. If the RHTAC & the AKC mandate rule changes related to the limited master stake, EE will attempt to address those as well to the extent that such changes would affect the club event setup & entry operations.
    I am a techno tard; however my IT guy says that it should be a simple fix for EE to process scratches and show the new opening almost instantaneously.
    Makes sense to me in light of how inventory control systems routinely function

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    After the recent spate of issues with limited MH entries, late scratches after the EE office closes, spots going unfilled, etc, I figured give some credit where it's due, when it happens the other way. I've had several of mine entered in multiple MH for months, because of the Limited issue and the spaces filling fast. I've scratched some early on or just before the day of closing to give others chances to enter, but Monday, didn't scratch until after 8 pm and felt bad that the club would lose the entries and someone else could have run. I was surprised to get an almost immediate acknowledgement from Tara King at EE, the scratches made and the two entries filled by others before closing. I don't know if that's how it will continue to work or just happened to be someone working late, but, it made a difference for multiple people, so, thank you, Tara & EE!
    Let me get this straight. So you enter just in case you might want to run an event then scratch at the last moment when you decide otherwise. I think I understand the problem of limited entries. Things that make me go hmmmm.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Let me get this straight. So you enter just in case you might want to run an event then scratch at the last moment when you decide otherwise. I think I understand the problem of limited entries. Things that make me go hmmmm.
    EE is seeing a substantial increase in scratches for HTs with limited master stakes about 10x compared to other stakes and events.
    David Didier, GA

Another thing why would it take you to wait till the last minute to scratch? This is a very confusing thread. Bitches come in heat twice a year and that is the only reason I can think of for legitimately scratching other than injury.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Nope, I don't scratch at the last minute on a whim. I'm not wealthy and don't like tossing entry fees nor the EE surcharge, which happens, scratch or no scratch. Considering I'm entering 2-3 dogs each test, that ain't pocket change for me. After not getting in last summer with some Limited MH tests, this summer I entered the ones I normally run when they opened, which was months ago for some of them, including one in Sept. If that's how it's going to work with some tests filling up asap, you bet I'm going to get my dogs in if I can, what the heck else are people supposed to do when a test opens in May for August and September, is limited to 60 dogs and fills up in hours? Pray there might be an opening at the last minute, after I've spent the summer trying to get my dogs up to snuff? I get 5 months, May-Sept, to train after brutal winters of no work and try to get some passes. I didn't make the rule change, but I have to live with it if I want a chance to run. Now when it comes to closing day, there are various reasons I may have for removing those entries. I may not have been able to train because mother was in hospital, or the weather sucked or the bitches came in heat or I chose to run a Qual vs MH, none of which are anyone's business but mine. I try to scratch early enough to allow others to fill the spaces. Yes, there are multiple issues with Limited Entries, some of us are trying to get our dogs in best we can and still be fair to others. If it makes you feel any better, I did remove the one dog's entries for the next few tests way ahead of time, because he's only going to be running Qual for now. Hope that meets your approval.

Good response Kim, don't hate the player hate the game. Just playing by the rules.

Russell
    CH Chisholm Trail's Backdraft Bay MH**
    Chisholm Trail's Crossfire Sophie JH**
    "I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets"

Scratching the day of is no different than entering the day of like we did before there were limits. Lots of people didn't enter until day of closing, because they didn't feel the need to tie up funds any further ahead than necessary or because they weren't sure the dog was ready, or were waiting on some other info such as work schedule, etc. Now with Limits, we have to make decisions way ahead of time, and I don't have a crystal ball to tell me in May what's going to happen in 3-4 months, so sometimes, the final decision still comes on closing day. Now it just costs that extra $4.50 per entry to have that option. Not my first choice but right now, it's my only choice.

Part of the solution or part of the problem?

/PaulPaul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"