The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kudos to EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    So, a dog that titles out on Sunday, and is signed up for the test that closes on Monday....person doesn't have a chance to get on the computer until 6,7,8 pm at night...You are allowed to scratch up until 11:59 PM to get your money refunded...after that, you can scratch and roll the dice on whether you get anything back...who are you to say why a person should scratch their dog...ever hear of family emergencies...

I concur with you Kim,...I scratched a dog a week ago Monday, and Tara responded within 15 minutes to say that everything was taken care of...nice work EE....

Labs
    My question is about people with multiple scratches from multiple test that enter just in case they may want to run. I feel for the poor guy that can only afford to run a few test a year and has to plan them months in advance due to family or work and is left out in the cold due to late scratches. Clear enough. Who am I to say? I'm Tim Bockmon and I can say anything I want Lab. God I hate talking to dogs.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Well, Tim, if that's your issue, then feel free to help a poor brother (or sister) out. Get on the horn, find out when said tests are going to open, if you can, otherwise, spend the time to monitor EE for when said test might open. Then be ready and able to get that poor guy's dog entered as soon as entries open. Problem solved. It's what the rest of us are having to do, at least until the kinks get worked out by the powers that be. I'm certainly not going to apologize for being on the ball and having the wherewithal to enter my dogs if I choose to. This is a game you pay to play.

Amusing, how those not being impacted themselves by a problem are able to offer so much criticism of those actually dealing with it.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Well, Tim, if that's your issue, then feel free to help a poor brother (or sister) out. Get on the horn, find out when said tests are going to open, if you can, otherwise, spend the time to monitor EE for when said test might open. Then be ready and able to get that poor guy's dog entered as soon as entries open. Problem solved. It's what the rest of us are having to do, at least until the kinks get worked out by the powers that be. I'm certainly not going to apologize for being on the ball and having the wherewithal to enter my dogs if I choose to. This is a game you pay to play.

Amusing, how those not being impacted themselves by a problem are able to offer so much criticism of those actually dealing with it
    Ain't that the truth!!

if you have to enter 3 months advance of the test, enter. The fact that you are trying your best to both run a dog(s) and let others run if things happen and you need to scratch shows you care and are trying your best to work with the system we currently have.

PS. No limited with us next month Kim. Hope to see you down here. And congrats on the Q 3rd.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Thanks, Chuck, I hope to run Northern Flight, it's one of my favorites. At least, it's on the list, the rest is up to the girls and their hormones. The boys are going to stick with the white coat stuff, for the rest of this year or as long as the checkbook holds out.

So Kim how many scratches do you have this year? No problem with legitimate scratches btw.

What's a legitimate scratch?

Feel free to look up my dogs and count for yourself. The ones I'm running in MH this summer are Rainmaker's Rough Ride, SH, Rainmaker's Early Bird Special, SH. Rainmaker's Southern Gamble is running Qual. Oh, Rainmaker's Working Class Payday is running Derby, but, since there are no limits in FT entries, guess that doesn't matter.

What's a legitimate scratch?

Feel free to look up my dogs and count for yourself. The ones I'm running in MH this summer are Rainmaker's Rough Ride, SH, Rainmaker's Early Bird Special, SH. Rainmaker's Southern Gamble is running Qual. Oh, Rainmaker's Working Class Payday is running Derby, but, since there are no limits in FT entries, guess that doesn't matter.
    Well I thought you would save me the trouble since I'm sure you know what you have scratched this year.

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Well I thought you would save me the trouble since I'm sure you know what you have scratched this year.
    Who cares? It's only Kim's business. Sheesh.
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    You appear very concerned about the impact of my entering/removing entries, though I don't know that it impacts anyone as much as it does my bank account, but I'll summarize for you regardless:

Minnesota Iron Range, June 28, Sat test only, 120 dog limit but didn’t come close to filling, I “scratched” well before the closing day. You can look up that test to see who did scratch after the closing and express your concerns to them, I don’t think I, or anyone else, screwed anyone out of an entry at that event however.

Blackhawk, 7/11. That one I did scratch the day before the test. I ran Wager in the Qual but realized after introducing “HT stuff” the previous week that running him in a MH was not a good idea, let alone on the same day as the Qual. I will gladly eat $$, and apparently twist some people’s undies for scratching, before I ruin a perfectly nice young dog running him in the wrong venue at the wrong time. Other one came in heat the day before. That was a 60 dog limit, there were 4 scratches after the close, 2 of which were mine, so yes, someone maybe didn’t get in a spot. I do know, however, that Ann Heise, being the superorganized and good person she is, posted on RTF and FB that there were 4 MH spaces available as of the afternoon of closing day. Those spots did fill.

Chippewa Valley, 7/19. 60 dog limit. I “scratched” the dogs well before the closing date once I confirmed my MH Temper was pregnant and due the 20th. I risked running the Qual with Wager on the 18th, with my husband home watching the dogs, but felt running MH on the 19th was pushing my luck and didn’t want to scratch on short notice if Temper had pups early, for both the club’s sake and my own wallet. Again, you may check the results on EE to see who scratched after the closing, cost someone an entry, and express your opinions to them.

Duluth Retriever Club, 8/1. That’s the one I switched my entries at 8 p.m. on day of closing to the Watopa MH when some openings appeared there, so that I could run the Qual there with Wager as well. Watopa was 120 dog limit and filled very quickly early on, 4 entries opened up on day of closing that I saw in the evening when I logged on, and made the decision to switch tests. I don’t know who scratched those entries, but there were still 2 spots open after closing. Perhaps you want to contact that club to discover those culprits, if known. Duluth was a 60 dog limit that opened later than Watopa but still filled rather quickly. My two spots were filled within minutes of Tara removing my entries. So, hopefully no one got too hosed out of a space that weekend.

Maggie & Bounce are entered in a couple more Limited MH, Hennepin & Skunk River. I removed Wager from Hennepin MH previously, for reasons already stated, he’ll be running the Qual there, his MH space was filled quickly.

Disclaimer: I received no advance/private knowledge of the opening of these tests, except one general text sent out on one test the day of, I think. I am a tax-paying, home-owning US Citizen born and bred, as is my husband of 22 years, we've both worked since we were kids, and we have some discretionary income with which I play dog games. Mea culpa.

You appear very concerned about the impact of my entering/removing entries, though I don't know that it impacts anyone as much as it does my bank account, but I'll summarize for you regardless:

Minnesota Iron Range, June 28, Sat test only, 120 dog limit but didn’t come close to filling, I “scratched” well before the closing day. You can look up that test to see who did scratch after the closing and express your concerns to them, I don’t think I, or anyone else, screwed anyone out of an entry at that event however.

Blackhawk, 7/11. That one I did scratch the day before the test. I ran Wager in the Qual but realized after introducing “HT stuff” the previous week that running him in a MH was not a good idea, let alone on the same day as the Qual. I will gladly eat $$, and apparently twist some people’s undies for scratching, before I ruin a perfectly nice young dog running him in the wrong venue at the wrong time. Other one came in heat the day before. That was a 60 dog limit, there were 4 scratches after the close, 2 of which were mine, so yes, someone maybe didn’t get in a spot. I do know, however, that Ann Heise, being the superorganized and good person she is, posted on RTF and FB that there were 4 MH spaces available as of the afternoon of closing day. Those spots did fill.

Chippewa Valley, 7/19. 60 dog limit. I “scratched” the dogs well before the closing date once I confirmed my MH Temper was pregnant and due the 20th. I risked running the Qual with Wager on the 18th, with my husband home watching the dogs, but felt running MH on the 19th was pushing my luck and didn’t want to scratch on short notice if Temper had pups early, for both the club’s sake and my own wallet. Again, you may check the results on EE to see who scratched after the closing, cost someone an entry, and express your opinions to them.

Duluth Retriever Club, 8/1. That’s the one I switched my entries at 8 p.m. on day of closing to the Watopa MH when some openings appeared there, so that I could run the Qual there with Wager as well. Watopa was 120 dog limit and filled very quickly early on, 4 entries opened up on day of closing that I saw in the evening when I logged on, and made the decision to switch tests. I don’t know who scratched those entries, but there were still 2 spots open after closing. Perhaps you want to contact that club to discover those culprits, if known. Duluth was a 60 dog limit that opened later than Watopa but still filled rather quickly. My two spots were filled within minutes of Tara removing my entries. So, hopefully no one got too hosed out of a space that weekend.

Maggie & Bounce are entered in a couple more Limited MH, Hennepin & Skunk River. I removed Wager from Hennepin MH previously, for reasons already stated, he’ll be running the Qual there, his MH space was filled quickly.

Disclaimer: I received no advance/private knowledge of the opening of these tests, except one general text sent out on one test the day of, I think. I am a tax-paying, home-owning US Citizen born and bred, as is my husband of 22 years, we've both worked since we were kids, and we have some discretionary income with which I play dog games. Mea culpa.
    Dang I don't speak Spanish.