The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kudos to EE.

if the VIP accounts save EE money on fees, heck just sign us all up for a VIP account and you can save more!
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze MH "Gussie"

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Lee View Post
    if the VIP accounts save EE money on fees, heck just sign us all up for a VIP account and you can save more!
    Marty if you prefer not to pay by credit card you are welcome to send your entries to EE via mail, along with your check & you would save EE money on credit card fees at the same time. And if you would like to fill-out an application for a VIP account, meet the qualification from a credit view and volume position we'd be happy to consider it.
    David Didier, GA

Ummmm, if I mail in a check/entry and then scratch, will I get my $4.50 back?
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

We must be in that lull between the winding down of training/test season and hunting...
    The dog will always prove you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Ummmm, if I mail in a check/entry and then scratch, will I get my $4.50 back?
    By policy announced by the national clubs and Retriever News at their acquisition of the retriever entry services of EE several years ago, the entry service charge was raised to $4.50 and applied to all entries, paper,electronic or VIP. So it won't be refunded but you could avoid a service fee associated with the scratch - under current policies. But when the scratch policy is adjusted in the future to satisfy those who believe the entry process is being abused, probably all scratches will be subject to a scratch fee. That's why folks have to consider what they really want & think it through to foresee and understand the side effects of the decisions taken.

I failed to point out in post #52 that a mail-in entry is likely to be a bad decision given how fast limited master stakes are filling up & it's no guarantee of timely entry - the primary purpose of an electronic entry service. But I suspect you already know that & instead are just fanning the flames........
    Last edited by Granddaddy; 08-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    David Didier, GA

I'm not worried about master, but I use to mail my entries to avoid the service fee, but when the policy changed I switched to CC entry, but you implied in the post above that only CC user pay the fee when they scratch, I wanted clarification.

I'd rather enter by mail if I'll save the $4.50 if I scratch...of course I'm referencing running FTs, but I did end up scratching my own clubs HT because Bullet started to show serious lameness.

And I asked a valid question whether you believe I'm fanning the flames or not.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    By policy announced by the national clubs and Retriever News at their acquisition of the retriever entry services of EE several years ago, the entry service charge was raised to $4.50 and applied to all entries, paper,electronic or VIP.
    Let me preface this remark by stating that I would never wish to go back to the pre electronic entry days, HOWEVER;........

That self serving action stunk to high heavens; in and of itself.
    It is galling when someone heavy handedly grants themselves a monopoly and then requires you to pay for their service regardless of whether or not you use their service.

Let me close by stating that you people ought to toss a little money Shane's way and see if he would come back and update your system. It was far more user friendly and ever improving technologically on his watch

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Let me preface this remark by stating that I would never wish to go back to the pre electronic entry days, HOWEVER;........

It is galling when someone heavy handedly grants themselves a monopoly and then requires you to pay for their service regardless of whether or not you use their service.

Let me close by stating that you people ought to toss a little money Shane's way and see if he would come back and update your system. It was far more user friendly and ever improving technologically on his watch
    Or maybe we are close to the end of any non-compete clause and we get a better and once again responsive outfit to deal with again.

Swishy was always Receptive Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

For those of you that do not like EE, HuntSecretary. com also does AKC. But of course you will have the same issues. Sames fees for CC entries. AKC rule is a full refund for a scratch prior to the close. This means only the Test entry fee. After the close it is up the the club.
    David, I hope you give Tara a raise. She is wonderful and very responsive to any emails.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

I'm a bit surprised that I'm defending EE, but in point of fact they did not "grant themselves a monopoly". Certainly the vast majority of AKC test giving clubs have given them defacto monopoly status, but they did nothing nefarious to get there and are forcing nobody to use them. There is another entry service that many HRC clubs, and apparently now NAHRA, use so there is no monopoly in my sense of the word.

I also don't agree with your assertion that EE will charge for a service (mailed in entries) that they don't provide. Near as I can tell, some EE employee has to process that entry and include it in the catalog, etc.

Now your props to the swishy one I can absolutely get behind!
    Larry Housman
    GMHR-I Nils Lofgren's Moontears 1995-2010
    GMHR-II Silverbrook Gunar's Yellow Merkin MH 2001-2014
    GMHRCH-IV Silverbrook's Life of Brian MH CC
    NPRC's Basking in the Glow of Good Enough