The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

Default Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

Colorado Sells $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million Goes to Schools and Crime Down 10%

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/06/...-crime-10.html

This doesn't include the extra dollars for increased tourism to Co.

All the naysayers who were against marijuana legalization are eating crow about now. Colorado’s weed sales just keep trending up, and with the sales of legal weed, they are improving their schools and reducing overall crime rates.

Looks like Oregon will legalize this November.

Last edited by Franco; 07-23-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I will wait and hear from actual Colorado residents on how this has effected them...

proponents of the State Lottery made the same claims in Calif about the funds going to help the schools, as did those here in NV when they implemented the statewide megabucks slots, and in both cases that claim proved to be a drop on the bucket and didnt amount to any significant change, but it looked good for their media pals

As for tourism the only industry that likes tourists is the ski industry...hunters could care less if they never see another OOS'ers license plate during elk season....and the only TX license plates they like to see are those with certain FT'ers on board
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I will wait and hear from actual Colorado residents on how this has effected them...

proponents of the State Lottery made the same claims in Calif about the funds going to help the schools, as did those here in NV when they implemented the statewide megabucks slots, and in both cases that claim proved to be a drop on the bucket and didnt amount to any significant change, but it looked good for their media pals

As for tourism the only industry that likes tourists is the ski industry...hunters could care less if they never see another OOS'ers license plate during elk season....and the only TX license plates they like to see are those with certain FT'ers on board
    The March figures are actual figures and NOT projections! Now, the State may spend the money somewhere else but that is nearly 2mil for the month they would never have had.

I am sure the Colorado area hotels and restaurants are loving the increased bookings especially during non-ski season. If I see the July figures, I be sure to post them.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Didn't James Garner just die.........yea have another hit there Franco.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    How old was he though? I don't think it was the weed that killed him.

On Saturday, July 19, 2014, police and rescue were summoned to Garner's Los Angeles area home. Authorities declared Garner had passed away in his residence of natural causes at the age of 86.[75][76][77]
    Last edited by shinyhead; 07-23-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

As I have said before I don't advocate that anyone smoke MJ. However, I think it is stupid that booze which is a much more dangerous substance is legal yet something as harmless as MJ is not. It is just another one of those bad laws.

I would say Garner living to 86 lived a full life. As I approach 63 years, I really don't see the point of living past 80. There is something called Quality of Life and when my memory is gone or one has to live in a Nursing home, what is the point? That is even if I make it to 80!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gftp9...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Franco; 07-23-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Legalization of Mary Jane is the smartest decision the Two states ever made... it is less harmful then alcohol consumption. I am very surprised at the negative reaction of some posts.

Fear is a big obstacle for many to overcome. You have to realized that POT is sold on every street corner all over the world. Why not legalize it and gain some tax revenue? Why give all the profit to the drug dealers?
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

If I were to want to purchase mary jane,, I would shop! I think I would find that because of the taxes involved, I can get Mary from the slime pusher down at the street corner. So, Colorado now supplies a place were the arse hole drug cartels can bring their weed, and undercut the price that the retail stores sell it for, and the state government taxes the crap out of .

Sooner or later, choice and competition will take over,, and Colorado will pay the price.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

And by the way,, Im not a big fan a booze either....

Its boring, to deal with people in a altered state of mind.. Its worse than talking to myself..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    He overdosed on doritos...
    Bill Davis