The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

Been reading this thread with great amusement by the "self righteous" attitudes of the proclaimed conservatives. Reminds me of the mess they created with the Volstad act. Same bunch of puritanical BS that helped usher in the biggest increase in organized crime our country ever saw. Crime and death do to bad booze or just plane alcohol poisoning went thru the roof, not to mention gang deaths by rivals.

I suggest a brief look back into that period and all of the problems it caused rather than solved. Don't like it, don't use it.

But legalizing it IS going to reduce over all abuse and crime in the long run. All you need to do is look back to what happened after repeal. Add to that better education and the removal of the allure of using a banned substance and I would venture less abuse and overall problems down the line.

Real McCoy Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Which of the other #11 questions is it OK to lie about? Domestic abuse? Felonies? Holding a gun and purchasing a gun are not the same thing. The question is "are you a user of" not have you ever been. So youthful indiscretion would not force you to answer yes.

The only justification we seem to get is the "well that guy did it " defense and I'm the on accused of Jr. High antics?
    I am not saying it right... but the entire issue of those questions being asked is not to prevent the sale of a gun... it is for later if you are found guilty of a crime involving a gun , the government then will say we didn't want to sell this man a gun, he lied.

It is your second amendment right to be able to own a firearm ... those questions are never going to be answered honestly if you want the gun... the person signing the form may believe a little weed smoked on a lazy summer day is not criminal. In Colorado and Washington he is correct. We are a nation of States with their own laws. Another POTUS may have sent in the FBI to these two states and have the Federal laws enacted, but this one did not. The next POTUS may feel different.

In my State before you can buy a handgun, you have to be interviewed by your local Police Chief or by his Lieutenant to obtain a FID card or a permit to carry... you answer similar questions, have a background check done, and have references as to your standing in your community. You also must attend safety courses before applying... So the federal forms should never be lied on, that is a crime. But is it like a bear shi**ing in the woods, if you don't see or smell it does it really happen?
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

So Franco believes in reduced government size,and less taxation,but taxation is a great resource to collect that worthless paper money he is always chiming about,I guess he LOVES a "sin" tax ,as long as it isnt one of HIS personal sins
    I guess he loves making pot a curious entity for kids.
    I guess he wants to bury his head in the sand about Fox news stories even though the same stories have been reported (and confirmed) by our local news

The guy DID shoot his wife,and later it was confirmed he had high levels of THC in his system/
    The kid DID jump! and his roommate confirmed he went crazy after ingesting edibles ,then jumped.
    These houses are blowing up from pot heads making Hash oil!

Our state is better than this!
    We have way more positive things to do here for tourists, than to come here to purchase Hemp,get high. then make neighboring states a victim of our low moral standards.A drunk is someone I hold in very low regard..

I personally know the damage it does to families. And also have witness the comments of how happy people are after they become sober again.

I see no difference being drunk from alcohol or pot.either one, your mind is in an altered state just because the person doesnt have the backbone to cope. or has a low respect for themselves. His attitude can, and many times does, destroys lives,, and not just their own.

I guess he thinksi ts OK that innocent KIDS find pothead Mom and Dads edible supply, that looks like candy and cookies, and end up in emergency rooms on a regular basis

But,, I guess its ok,, cause folks like Franco can stand around and squawk about how much revenue it raises, even though he believes in less taxation....

Hypocrite!
    Boy Mike, I kinda hate to say some of this because I think that although I actually agree with several of your points, we come to different conclusions.

If I could, with the wave of my hand, rid the world of intoxicants, I believe that I would do it, however, I can't justify LEGAL alcohol and ILLEGAL THC. When it comes to the tax issue, one can absolutely avoid paying that tax, as one can avoid paying the tax on tobacco and alcohol. Just don't use the product. I don't pay those taxes. The only activity which I can think of that I participate in that is subject to excise taxation is hunting (Pittman Robertson tax) which so far has not been used to direct my behavior. Yes, I know that there are excise taxes on gasoline, but that is the only other product I use regularly that I can think of right now with excise taxes.

That fellow did shoot his wife, and that other guy did jump, and yes, they both had THC in their systems, but, as many of my professors used to love to say, correlation does not prove causation. Maybe that fellow was going to shoot the harridan anyway, and perhaps the jumper suffered from unrelenting depression and was going to jump regardless. Maybe they each would have gotten liquored up on Boone's Farm and done the same thing. We don't know.

If it becomes universally legal, I don't think employers will be able to not hire someone because they partake when not at work. Folks don't often get fired for being drunk on Saturday night as long as they are sober at work.

Kids get into their parents' liquor cabinets all the time, so you are right, I'm sure that there will be some who get into their parents' stash, but that is more of a parenting question than a legal one.

As some seem to view all who use marijuana as "Potheads", I tend to view all who drink as potential drunks, even though I know lots of people who are able to maintain moderation. I am sure that the same is true with marijuana.

I do fear that more legal intoxicants will mean more intoxicated people to deal with in all areas, but we spend so much fighting the war on drugs, and so many people wind up in jail for being less of a problem than the cadre of everyday drunks that every community has to deal with, and I am so tired of the hypocrisy involved, that I am willing to legalize, tax, and regulate the sale of marijuana.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    May be a Federal form, but that question is never checked off as yes.... 90 % of gun owners have at sometime or other tried Pot. The POTUS has admitted to be a user of POT in his youth... yet he was shown in possession of a Shotgun at a firing range... do you think Bill, Hillery, Biden, and a slew of other Politicians never have used or tried Mary Jane? Yet own guns....
    I think that's pretty hyperbolic, don't you?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think that's pretty hyperbolic, don't you?
    Having lived through the sixties... I guess that is why I chose that percentage... the point is during my youth it was very prevalent in colleges across America. In the cities you would walk by houses and be able to smell the aroma of weed being fired up... the Bleachers of Fenway Park would reek of the stuff...

I've been told the price today is what has made the usage go down... it is the Ten dollar dose of Heroin that is killing the kids.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Those figures are bogus.

JS
    I am told that everyone - grower, wholesaler & dealer pays a 25% tax to the State -
    more than 100% in taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't "diss" a guys dog!

That ain't right!
    I saw Eloise's dogs run, also Nanuck of Cheslang, Hans Kuck's dog - nice dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    I'd say that the Feds if they wanted to could claim that everyone is an alcoholic and not let anyone buy a gun... it is just hard to prove.
    One only need look at Ruby Ridge to see how selective they can be!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't "diss" a guys dog!

That ain't right!
    he basically called me a liar, that is disrespecful, so I disrespected him in return.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

He dissed himself by proving he knows little of the breed he's owned his whole life. The source of a comment is always considered!
    I know a lot about the breed. Just never saw one that color. I had a pup from Sunshine Sally many years ago. I had a Caroway dog, a pup sired by stacked deck, and the last one I had was from Butch goodwin's stock. I've seen them with a mask, never multi colored body like your picture appears.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

http://www.kptv.com/story/26109860/p...ging-a-problem

Apparently the story isn't as rosy in Washington. $25 on the street, $75 from the legal places. I'm sure all the dope heads would rather do it legally and pay their fair share of taxes for an inferior product.
    Those figures are bogus.

JS

This is what I'm calling bogus. Where did you get those figures? What quantities are you talking about?

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

This is what I'm calling bogus. Where did you get those figures? What quantities are you talking about?

JS
    Its in the story I linked in the same post.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"