The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    http://www.kptv.com/story/26109860/p...ging-a-problem

Apparently the story isn't as rosy in Washington. $25 on the street, $75 from the legal places. I'm sure all the dope heads would rather do it legally and pay their fair share of taxes for an inferior product.
    Its in the story I linked in the same post.

Might want to check out your source. Look at the vid again ... he has a sign on the glass reading:

"Fast & Vast" (I'm assuming that's a strain he's selling)

2 grams $50
    That's the going rate in Colorado shops, as well.

He also says $10,000/lb is his "break even price" (paraphrasing). So 448 grams (1 pound) x $25/gr gets him $11,200. Close.

Your claim it's going for $75 per gram doesn't add up.

JS
    Last edited by JS; 07-25-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Dont wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve. Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Its in the story I linked in the same post.
    I went back and re-read the article and watched the video, and never saw anything about $75.00/gm. It only shows a label for $50.00/2gm which is $25.00/gm. Now we don't know if that is before or after taxes, but I can't imagine a 200% tax.
    Last edited by HPL; 07-25-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I went back and re-read the article and watched the video, and never saw anything about $75.00/gm. The thing that doesn't add up for me is that at $10,000.00/lb my calculator gives me a bit over $22.00/gm, so at $50.00/gm he should be raking it in (453.6gm/lb X $50.00 = $22,600.00).
    There is nothing in there that mentions $75. Dan will be in back to tell us where that came from.

And he isn't selling it for $50 ... his sign says 2 grams for $50. That's why he closed up til he could find a wholesaler with a better price.

JS
    Dont wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve. Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Been reading this thread with great amusement by the "self righteous" attitudes of the proclaimed conservatives. Reminds me of the mess they created with the Volstad act. Same bunch of puritanical BS that helped usher in the biggest increase in organized crime our country ever saw. Crime and death do to bad booze or just plane alcohol poisoning went thru the roof, not to mention gang deaths by rivals.

I suggest a brief look back into that period and all of the problems it caused rather than solved. Don't like it, don't use it.

But legalizing it IS going to reduce over all abuse and crime in the long run. All you need to do is look back to what happened after repeal. Add to that better education and the removal of the allure of using a banned substance and I would venture less abuse and overall problems down the line.

Real McCoy Regards
    Some people are just going to hold on to old myths and are incapable of taking on a subject with a rational mind.

MJ is much safer than booze or cigarettes but because they are prejudiced MJ, it is a waste of time trying to discuss with such close-minded folks.

There are thousands of responsible and successful folks that smoke MJ and like I pointed out earlier, some people are just losers whether it be booze or drugs. Losers are losers no matter what they consume! However, that is no reason for a free people that are responsible from indulging in whatever they wish.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    There is nothing in there that mentions $75. Dan will be in back to tell us where that came from.

And he isn't selling it for $50 ... his sign says 2 grams for $50. That's why he closed up til he could find a wholesaler with a better price.

JS
    While you were typing, I was already re-watching the video as I thought I had gotten that wrong, but as I wrote earlier, been a long month.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Gooser,

1) I am sure you are not the goofy character you often portray on RTF ... you seem like an intelligent guy.

2) I am NOT advocating you or anyone else go out of your way to become a marijuana user.

3) however, I think it may do you ... and some others ... some good to spend just a bit of time "on the street" and familiarize yourself with some of the things you are preaching.

Way, WAY too much made of the many, many myths regarding this relatively, low-risk, mind-altering substance. What potential dangers exist, are far more related to the personality of the individual involved than to the substance itself.

AND, don't be naive ... it has been readily available to our kids for decades, and they all know how to get it if they want it. Nothing much changes with legalization EXCEPT the source is now separate from a lot of the previous sources who ALSO dealt the more seriously dangerous drugs. That fact in itself makes legalization a good thing.

JS
    The anti-legalization folks are actually unknowingly supporting exactly what they are against!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

This thread for the most part has been interesting reading. I'm in favor of legalizing pot for the reasons many others including Franco, already outlined. I've been around a few potheads and also have experience with drunks since I married one when I was much younger and my personal feeling is pot heads don't beat their wives, punch guys in bars over imagined insults, stick up liquor stores, etc. Are you at risk on the road from being crashed into by a stoner? Yes, but at much less risk than being killed by a drunk.

In fact, I pretty much favor legalizing all of it. It's been abundantly proven over the past 30 years that the war on drugs has been an abject failure and colossal waste of money. Meanwhile drug cartels, virtually unheard of 30 years ago, basically rule this criminal enterprise. I just watched a program on heroin and it seems the rise in heroin related deaths has come from how cheap and readily available it is in comparison to the crackdown on addictive narcotic pain pills. And I also agree with Franco that losers are losers and the govt. isn't going to be able to protect them from killing themselves. As for the ones that let their children accidently get into their stash... these are probably the same ones who feed them junk food and don't watch them so they call the cops when one is asleep in the basement. You can't fix stupid.

Some of the personal comments are a little low though. Shinyhead you should be ashamed of yourself for dissing a guy's dog and in the process displaying your lack of knowledge about the breed.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I know a lot about the breed. Just never saw one that color. I had a pup from Sunshine Sally many years ago. I had a Caroway dog, a pup sired by stacked deck, and the last one I had was from Butch goodwin's stock. I've seen them with a mask, never multi colored body like your picture appears.
    DC AFC Gambler's Dilwyn-Stacked Deck MH, that you said was the sire of one of your dogs, threw masking, brindle and multi colored dogs a lot, including a son, DC AFC Distagon MH that was light deadgrass with a dark widow's peak, dark ring around his neck, and faint saddle markings. Currently we have a female AFC, that has distinct markings. It's very common in the breed and perfectly acceptable, although show people prefer the solid colors. I have several ash Chesapeakes (see avatar); that color is also "not preferred" but perfectly acceptable. On a scale of 100 the CBR coat color is worth a total of 4 points so it's not a big deal.

Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't "diss" a guys dog!

That ain't right!
    Would really expect anything better from that guy? When a man shows you who he is, believe him.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford