The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    When the creator put plants and fruits into the mix, it has almost always been something man has used to heal, relax, or eat... the % of a substance be it alcohol or THC can change how its users react.

At some point legal Pot will become regulated as to the amount of THC it carries. Wild Turkey 101 (whiskey) has more alcohol then your ten % wine or 5 % beer. Ask yourself if you would rather be confronted by a stoned man, or one that just drank half a bottle of Wild Turkey...

Alcohol consumption has filled a lot of jails over the years.
    Not to mention graves.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    This thread for the most part has been interesting reading. I'm in favor of legalizing pot for the reasons many others including Franco, already outlined. I've been around a few potheads and also have experience with drunks since I married one when I was much younger and my personal feeling is pot heads don't beat their wives, punch guys in bars over imagined insults, stick up liquor stores, etc. Are you at risk on the road from being crashed into by a stoner? Yes, but at much less risk than being killed by a drunk.

In fact, I pretty much favor legalizing all of it. It's been abundantly proven over the past 30 years that the war on drugs has been an abject failure and colossal waste of money. Meanwhile drug cartels, virtually unheard of 30 years ago, basically rule this criminal enterprise. I just watched a program on heroin and it seems the rise in heroin related deaths has come from how cheap and readily available it is in comparison to the crackdown on addictive narcotic pain pills. And I also agree with Franco that losers are losers and the govt. isn't going to be able to protect them from killing themselves. As for the ones that let their children accidently get into their stash... these are probably the same ones who feed them junk food and don't watch them so they call the cops when one is asleep in the basement. You can't fix stupid.

Some of the personal comments are a little low though. Shinyhead you should be ashamed of yourself for dissing a guy's dog and in the process displaying your lack of knowledge about the breed.

DC AFC Gambler's Dilwyn-Stacked Deck MH, that you said was the sire of one of your dogs, threw masking, brindle and multi colored dogs a lot, including a son, DC AFC Distagon MH that was light deadgrass with a dark widow's peak, dark ring around his neck, and faint saddle markings. Currently we have a female AFC, that has distinct markings. It's very common in the breed and perfectly acceptable, although show people prefer the solid colors. I have several ash Chesapeakes (see avatar); that color is also "not preferred" but perfectly acceptable. On a scale of 100 the CBR coat color is worth a total of 4 points so it's not a big deal.

That kind of behavior is why I put him on ignore a couple of months ago.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    TIC=tongue in cheek. Sorry. I have a strange sense of humor ( at times ). I think it is a legit question for some people however. I have a friend who swears by pot when she has a "mental problem" ( she says there are times when she wants to kill somebody and when she smokes pot that feeling goes away ! ). Says pot works better that the presription drugs prescribed by her Dr. A cure for PMS problems maybe VBEG
    Gotcha.

PMS cure, huh? Not a concern of mine anymore but wish I had known of that remedy 20 years ago ... may have spared me a few days of grief per month.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Gotcha.

PMS cure, huh? Not a concern of mine anymore but wish I had known of that remedy 20 years ago ... may have spared me a few days of grief per month.

JS
    Re: PMS cure would be worth it's weight in gold ( to both husband and wife ) 76 now so I don't need that cure anymore. It was just a thought
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

TIC=tongue in cheek. Sorry. I have a strange sense of humor ( at times ). I think it is a legit question for some people however. I have a friend who swears by pot when she has a "mental problem" ( she says there are times when she wants to kill somebody and when she smokes pot that feeling goes away ! ). Says pot works better that the presription drugs prescribed by her Dr. A cure for PMS problems maybe VBEG

HUH....
    With all the posts that have been posted (I have read them all with interest) this post might be the one that may change my mind..

Somedays,, when I is in traffic..........I see dead people........

P.S.
    Gooser is known fer mental problems.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    That kind of behavior is why I put him on ignore a couple of months ago.
    If you are ignoring me, how did you read my post? He called me a liar when i told him about my deputy sheriff hunting buddies. He called them "mythical" like i was lying. Yet you folks condone behavior such as his. Not to mention Luvy's hate filled posts are ok. All of you need to smoke some weed and relax. Then you wouldn't be so uptight. Bunch of sticks in the mud.
    Last edited by shinyhead; 07-27-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

So, if a guy gets caught with 150#'s of pot from Mexico, you say let him walk?
    Two places he won't walk to are Colorado and Washington State.

No one is going to buy that garbage when they can buy a much better quality product that is grown indoors. Plus, the indoors growers have strains that address different issues from appetite depressants to sleep aids and from pain relievers to giggle weed.

BTW, from what I can tell from Colorado websites, the prices are half the cost for indoor MJ then the black market indoor product. I know this because we a crafting a Bill for the Louisiana Legislature that the Repubs are sure not to bring up for a vote as they would rather not have the tax money and would rather the drug cartels remain wealthy!
    Last edited by Franco; 07-27-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    HUH....
    With all the posts that have been posted (I have read them all with interest) this post might be the one that may change my mind..

Somedays,, when I is in traffic..........I see dead people........

P.S.
    Gooser is known fer mental problems.
    I was once dead set against making MJ legal but the more I read and see the more I think some people need it. Our family has had some "drunks" during my life time and It looks to me like MJ might just be a better choice for some of those people ( past and present ). One family member by marriage sure could use MJ to help him deal with his life. His prescription meds are a wash out. He does not drink however. The stress in his life with retardation etc. is just too much for him at times.

P.S. Some people probably wonder about me also............then some don't wonder..........they have already made up their mind about me VBG . It's okay, Gooser. I am happy aren't you ? LOL
    Last edited by charly_t; 07-27-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I was once dead set against making MJ legal but the more I read and see the more I think some people need it. Our family has had some "drunks" during my life time and It looks to me like MJ might just be a better choice for some of those people ( past and present ). One family member by marriage sure could use MJ to help him deal with his life. His prescription meds are a wash out. He does not drink however. The stress in his life with retardation etc. is just too much for him at times.

Then there is MEDICAL MJ!!!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

P.S. Some people probably wonder about me also............then some don't wonder..........they have already made up their mind about me VBG . It's okay, Gooser. I am happy aren't you ? LOL
    Not too long ago I fractured two ribs. I've broken other bones before but nothing is more painful than a rib injury. The doc prescribed Hydrocodacet for the pain. It made me sick all the time and impacted(I couldn't take a crap, yes I was full of it). MJ would have been a better alternative to the pain. A couple of years ago I lost an Uncle to Cancer. He served with the Marines at Chosin Reservoir Korea after playing TE for TCU Horned Frogs. Anyone not familiar with that action should be as it was some of the most heroic fighting the Marines have ever encountered in their long and brave History. In his last year, he wanted MJ for pain and couldn't get it because of our stupid laws and had to take prescribed pain meds that made his last days absolutely miserable! He for one did not deserve to die in pain!
    Last edited by Franco; 07-27-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge