The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

If you ran a trucking company in a legal MJ state and a driver tested positive, would you believe that he only used during off hours? Would you fire him? If it was a school bus driver would your answer be the same?

Well alrighty then. The explanation you just gave makes perfect sense. Don't disrespect the dog, but anything else goes. I don't think that to be totally true. I made a post some time back regarding someone needing to "have relations", and I got chastised pretty heavy, even got a PM from the man himself. I have refrained from those comments since then. In the future, when somebody makes an off color comment toward me or someone else, I am sure to let them know that it's not cool. Kinda like I did about being called a liar. Except, I broke the cardinal rule of dissing a dog. I'll not diss another dog, but I will let fly with other disrespectful quips when disrespected. I'll probably get a timeout, just hope it goes both ways and others get the same treatment.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Think of this at the tail gate gather at the end of a dog event.
    Use your head, don't type anything you would not say face to face.
    With in earshot of that pesky random 10 year old somebody always brings.
    Then hand your adversary a bier when your done.
    And you will fit right in Shinyhead.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    ....I made a post some time back regarding someone needing to "have relations",.....
    Ayup,
    that one was just straight up low class, don't do that.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by cripes View Post
    If you ran a trucking company in a legal MJ state and a driver tested positive, would you believe that he only used during off hours? Would you fire him? If it was a school bus driver would your answer be the same?
    just as the "Pro" drivers have a higher standard for % of booze in blood and drive time and sleep time standards and the bus drivers have to be sober and not be child molesters, it would be easy to add no weed to those folks.

Now, what about cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Think of this at the tail gate gather at the end of a dog event.
    Use your head, don't type anything you would not say face to face.
    With in earshot of that pesky random 10 year old somebody always brings.
    Then hand your adversary a bier when your done.
    And you will fit right in Shinyhead.
    You and I think alike on some things. I don't type anything that I would not say to someone's face. That's the wrestler in me. I never back down from a challenge. Political correctness be damned. If I think you're a POS, I'll tell you to your face, and if you want to continue the conversation after that, we will see where the chips fall. One guarantee though, one of us will most likely go home with our tail between our legs because of the arse kickin we just took. I've taken some and given some.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

Now, what about cops?
    Maybe a few less dogs would be shot in their own back yards... ?

Behavior of those in positions of the Transportation are subject to random drug and alcohol testing. I think the federal Law because of Interstate Laws will supersede the two states of Washington and Colorado. Trucking company owners as well as those in other Transportation fields from the Train operators, to the Airlines, to school busing kids had better tell their employees the Federal Law is their law. If you want to use Pot you had better find a new job. It stays in your system for 30 days at detectable levels.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by cripes View Post

Seems that once it's legal it may be removed from the reportable substances on drug screenings. Can someone be fired (or refused employment) for having a few beers on the weekend of a glass of scotch at the end of the day? If not, what is the difference? How long does THC last in the bloodstream? Does one get a hangover from smoking pot? I don't know how using pot in one's off hours compares to using alcohol in one's off hours.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    It has to do with recommended dosages.
    I believe the recommended dose of THC from edibles is 10 miiligrams. Most all edibles have more than 1 dosage in each edible (A Cookie for example can have several. Who eats 1/4 of 1 cookie??

The draw to them, is folks can use the product in Public, and be very discrete about it..
    Also, the amount of time it takes for some edibles to take affect can be very different between each product, so some will think that 1 lemon drop didnt do anything in 20 minutes, so they eat 2 more.. an hour later,, they realize they have gotten more than they bargained for. This is why they can be dangerouse for pure as the driven snow types like me!
    At first in Colorado, the amount of THC in edibles were not put visibly on packages, nor the recommended dose. I believe they have made a law now for labeling.

How'd I do....
    You did pretty well, Gooser! Congratulations! You are now the "HEAD" of the class!

The main difference is probably the time it it takes to feel a buzz. Smoking (they say) gives you the feel right away ... 10 seconds or less. A couple tokes and you're there. If not, you know you've got some weak sh!t and pass it around again.

With a brownie, you won't feel much until it's digested, etc. But see, most people will know that. Someone who doesn't may just keep eatin' til he's high and then pretty soon he's sleeping on the couch. It won't happen twice.

"Dosages" aren't the big thing. True, nobody "eats 1/4 of a cookie" if they don't know this, but then nobody smokes a whole joint either. The potency of the black market stuff has ALWAYS been unpredictable, and the main reason why sometimes a person may have taken a couple more hits than they should have ... didn't know what to expect. I would guess, with regulation, that will change ... a user will know what to expect. And that is a main reason legalization is a good thing; standardization.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    P.S. A gummie bear looks a LOT different to a kid, than a bottle of pills. Do you think if the Kid found gummie bears in a back seat compartment, he might think he has hit gold,, and stick em in his pocket to suck on durin the long drive. Just think when they get to MacDonalds,, the kid orders 12 cheeze burgers!!!!

A course the upside might be is the Kid would just sit there stoned,gazing into space,,and never ask "Are we there yet" a million times.. He'd just sit there and giggle!!!
    The concern over kids getting into the parents' stash or finding some laying around the house/car is a legitimate one. But who is responsible for that? Is that a logical reason to make it illegal? Sounds a little like Rosie O'Donnell, doesn't it? ... calling for a ban on guns because a kid may find a loaded one laying on the kitchen table.

(I know, that was a cheap shot. )

JS
    Last edited by JS; 07-28-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    Dont wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve. Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

James....most of them mat I hope! My experience is that when a wrestler get's in a fight it don't last to long....shall we say very few punches are thrown....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 07-28-2014 at 01:31 PM.