The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Colorado $19 Million in Cannabis in March: $1.9 Million to Schools/ Cri

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    James....most of them mat I hope! My experience is that when a wrestler get's in a fight it don't last to long....shall we say very few punches are thrown....
    Majority were on the mat. In a few instances when I used to go to bars and have a few too many, I let someone get me heated, and the booze was making me ornery, I got into some scrapes. The people that whipped me in the bar, wouldn't even think about it when I wasn't drinking. One time, I tangled with a wrestler that was 3 weights above me. That one didn' turn out too well for me. Hahahaja! Too many shots of courage will make that happen.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Majority were on the mat. In a few instances when I used to go to bars and have a few too many, I let someone get me heated, and the booze was making me ornery, I got into some scrapes. The people that whipped me in the bar, wouldn't even think about it when I wasn't drinking. One time, I tangled with a wrestler that was 3 weights above me. That one didn' turn out too well for me. Hahahaja! Too many shots of courage will make that happen.
    LOL......you are a piece of work....I only got into a scrap with a wrestler once....I recall at the time thinking this was not going to be the normal, thank you and have you had enough....we wrestled until we both were to damn tired to move....tore up our shirts and knees of our pants, from then on we were friends.....!

If the skills are similar, weight makes a big difference if they are smart enough to use it....I know a lot of 180's and Hwts that just could not control their balance....as long as you did not get under them, you could move much faster and tire them out.....the guys at 145 could generally whip me 138 not so much...

JS said

"You did pretty well, Gooser! Congratulations! You are now the "HEAD" of the class!

RIGHTEOUS!!!!!!!!!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I kinda worry bout the Kids and edibles!

I know what happened when I mis-took Mrs Goosers Hummingbird nectar in the fridge!! I thought it was my adult beverage of choice,,, Kool Aid!! (again,,, pure as the driven snow)
    At the time ,I thought it tasted funny,, but it was cold!!!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    LOL......you are a piece of work....I only got into a scrap with a wrestler once....I recall at the time thinking this was not going to be the normal, thank you and have you had enough....we wrestled until we both were to damn tired to move....tore up our shirts and knees of our pants, from then on we were friends.....!

If the skills are similar, weight makes a big difference if they are smart enough to use it....I know a lot of 180's and Hwts that just could not control their balance....as long as you did not get under them, you could move much faster and tire them out.....the guys at 145 could generally whip me 138 not so much...
    the wrestler I tangled with was a D1 190 lber. Skills on the mat were very much equal. 158 against 190, dumb move on my part. Thankfully, he only jacked me a couple times. I needed 9 stitches where he punched me in the mouth and ran my teeth through my lip. Same as you, we were great friends after that. He even drove me to the ER to get the stitches. Had I smoked some weed instead of drinking whiskey, never would've happened. LOL!
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

From Sunday's New York Times Editorial Board

"
    There are no perfect answers to people’s legitimate concerns about marijuana use. But neither are there such answers about tobacco or alcohol, and we believe that on every level — health effects, the impact on society and law-and-order issues — the balance falls squarely on the side of national legalization. That will put decisions on whether to allow recreational or medicinal production and use where it belongs — at the state level.

"
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ampaign=buffer
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    the wrestler I tangled with was a D1 190 lber. Skills on the mat were very much equal. 158 against 190, dumb move on my part. Thankfully, he only jacked me a couple times. I needed 9 stitches where he punched me in the mouth and ran my teeth through my lip. Same as you, we were great friends after that. He even drove me to the ER to get the stitches. Had I smoked some weed instead of drinking whiskey, never would've happened. LOL!
    Ouch! But if you had smoked weed you would have been a pussy....not as mean and tough as you turned out.....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 07-29-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    From Sunday's New York Times Editorial Board

"
    There are no perfect answers to people’s legitimate concerns about marijuana use. But neither are there such answers about tobacco or alcohol, and we believe that on every level — health effects, the impact on society and law-and-order issues — the balance falls squarely on the side of national legalization. That will put decisions on whether to allow recreational or medicinal production and use where it belongs — at the state level.

"
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ampaign=buffer
    Franco...that will only work if the medical facts and research is done and the facts get out so that the public can make an informed decision....unfortunately, the Government does not always work on the behalf of what is best for the individuals in this country....

Quote from the new your times article :

The social costs of the marijuana laws are vast.
    Even worse, the result is racist, falling disproportionately on young black men, ruining their lives and creating new generations of career criminals.

So what their true slant is,is, that the current laws are racist!!! Typical left wing B.S. Typical opinion coming from the New York Time EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS.. and who are they again???

and you guys give me grief for using FOX as a resource..
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 07-29-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    There is nothing in there that mentions $75. Dan will be in back to tell us where that came from.

And he isn't selling it for $50 ... his sign says 2 grams for $50. That's why he closed up til he could find a wholesaler with a better price.

JS
    Sorry it took so long been on travel and working 13 hour days in the great state of Iowa!. The story I linked was the original, it was updated not long after I posted it (Date and time is on the story). The $75/$25 was a quote that was originally in the text, not the video, the owner said "I can't survive charging $75 for what you can get on the street for $25". No mention of quantity (gram or other) was made. It may be they removed the quote because it didn't add up with what others have pointed out. But I agree it no longer exists in the story for some reason so I would not consider it a good data point without other backup.