The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dog ramp

I have one made by :www.travelitedogramp.com
    It folds into three, is lightweight and stores easily. I love what Ive seen in those canvas ramps,but am happy with what I have for now.
    Last edited by Billie; 07-25-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Default Not just a ramp option.

And, then there's this option. http://www.z-bench.com/

I have a crossover dog box that is up against the back of the truck cab. To get in and out of the truck bed was a hassle after knee surgery a few years ago. I found the Z-bench. It is the best truck accessory I have. The dogs use it for getting up and down from the tailgate. I use it for the same, along with sitting, as a picnic bench. I'm a Carpenter, and often use it as a saw horse, clamping material instead of asking for help, ( a guy thing I guess).

I installed it when it was 10 degrees outside, took me 30 minutes. Versatile, doesn't use up space, and has lasted 4 years now without any signs of wear. Many have seen me at hunt test and have inquired, sat, and realized how good this thing really is.
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly

Duane's aluminum/canvas ramp is the best. It addresses two important issues:

-your back (it is very, very light)
    - your dog's safety (no more jumping, & the canvas gives a little, much better than solid)

Oh, and they are very well made. Duane is an aluminum fabricator, a FTer, & does the ramps as a side business. He's going to be more & more busy!

Connie

Does anybody have any picture of Mr Duanes ramp?? ive looked at the site and there is no pictures of it

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Klotthor View Post
    the one we bought is a SolVit brand. It extends out a good bit so it is not steep for the dog. We have a dodge deisel and the tailgate is high. Also I have no problems picking it up .

I have one of these and have been very satisfied with it. Currently it is doubling as a FF table using a couple of aluminum saw horses
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I have a pet step and a sol it. The pet step is tough and dogs can get good traction but it is fairly heavy.
    The solvit is light and does a good job. Some small plastic caps came off the solvit. I wrote and ask for new caps. They sent me a new ramp! Dogs nails do tend to eat up the grit on it but you can get stick on at home cheapo.
    Tom Dorroh