The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: What is wrong with extra innings?

  1. #41
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    yiu tell me if that "blob of crap" as you so eloquently put it, could survive if born during that time frame? If born during that time frame, most would call it a "mis-carriage".
    A miscarriage of what? Can you say human?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  2. #42
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Any Vet's out there to help with this question, our dogs do not suffer or gasp for air, they just go to sleep.....what do you use?
    Not a vet, but apparently the drugs used for killing are manufactured in Europe, which does not have the death penalty and disapproves of ours so they won't sell them to us (but presumably will to vets, if they are the same drugs (I don't know if they are). This was in Sunday's Washington Post op ed, that opined it's time to get rid of the "cruel and inhumane" death penalty as a reaction to the Oklahoma incident. And again, no mention of the inhumanities done to the victims.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Life and death experiences. Loved family members dying ( and you taking care of them as they go into their death rattle ). Being dead broke and having to pick up empty beer cans to get enough money to eat. Children growing up with less values than you have. No hand outs from uncle sam for you or your family. You hoe that corn and hand pick those tater bugs. I'm sorry but you sound just like some of my younger family members. When and if you and your spouse ever lose a pregnancy that you have longed for for years in the time frame where you think it is not a human................then talk to us about it not being a human at that point in time. Too much stuff to tell you on here plus I want to do other things with my time. I have a spike buck ( actually has one fork this year ) I need to watch My gourds need work around them ( which may never get done at this rate ). And last but not least my Bible tells my not to despise you in your youth ( I'm having a very difficult time of that in your case lately ).
    I lost family members and people very close to me. Wife had 2 mis-carriages. I have lived in my vehicle and homeless when I got divorced, so I could provide my 2 children that we did have. the 2 miscarriages, I just chocked it up to timing. Time wasn't right, or there was something that was not going to be right if it came to term. Body's way of telling us that something wasn't right is what my wife at the time told me. I am not as young as you may think, younger than you, yes, but I'm pushing 50 so I have plenty of life experiences, and I never took a handout from anyone. I did what I had to do to survive and provide for my 2 girls, that are now grown and have given me 4 grandbabies with another due in September.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    A miscarriage of what? Can you say human?
    A group of cells that could someday turn into a baby. At that point, just a group of cells. No lungs to breathe with, no brain to think with, etc.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Genesis 2 :7 tell us when life begins and when soul enters the body . There are hundreds of other verses that build precept upon precept on this subject. Do a word study on breath life from the bible if your really interested.
    He tells us what part he formed, what part he made and what part he created.
    I Thessalonians 5 :23
    Look it up
    According to the word it is a closed case when a fetus becomes a human being.

    The word explains in details all of these.
    Thats if you really want to know
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I lost family members and people very close to me. Wife had 2 mis-carriages. I have lived in my vehicle and homeless when I got divorced, so I could provide my 2 children that we did have. the 2 miscarriages, I just chocked it up to timing. Time wasn't right, or there was something that was not going to be right if it came to term. Body's way of telling us that something wasn't right is what my wife at the time told me. I am not as young as you may think, younger than you, yes, but I'm pushing 50 so I have plenty of life experiences, and I never took a handout from anyone. I did what I had to do to survive and provide for my 2 girls, that are now grown and have given me 4 grandbabies with another due in September.
    I feel sorry for you, Shiny. Just can't understand you though.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Genesis 2 :7 tell us when life begins and when soul enters the body . There are hundreds of other verses that build precept upon precept on this subject. Do a word study on breath life from the bible if your really interested.
    He tells us what part he formed, what part he made and what part he created.
    I Thessalonians 5 :23
    Look it up
    According to the word it is a closed case when a fetus becomes a human being.

    The word explains in details all of these.
    Thats if you really want to know
    Pete
    That says nothing as to when breath was put into the nostrils. That's wide open for interpretation. I have asked my friends that are religious and read the bible, they have told me things about the greatness and all that jazz. I just ask them, "Why doesn't he wave his hand and fix all this BS if he has the power to do that?" Show me something to make me believe right now. Make this extra weight disappear and put me back into wrestling condition with just the wave of a hand. I am still waiting. Until something shows me that this "GOD" really exists and has all these great powers, sorry, I ain't buyin it.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    That says nothing as to when breath was put into the nostrils. That's wide open for interpretation. I have asked my friends that are religious and read the bible, they have told me things about the greatness and all that jazz. I just ask them, "Why doesn't he wave his hand and fix all this BS if he has the power to do that?" Show me something to make me believe right now. Make this extra weight disappear and put me back into wrestling condition with just the wave of a hand. I am still waiting. Until something shows me that this "GOD" really exists and has all these great powers, sorry, I ain't buyin it.
    Did you do an extensive word study on the word " breath" and soul " ?
    I thought so.
    God can't fix things because he is a just God. It rains on the just and unjust alike. Adam transferred dominion over the earth to Satin because of the Fall. It had to be done or man could not be redeemed. Anyway II Corinthians 4:4 speaks of the "god "of this world, and because of which we now have sickness and death. Its really quite simple to see the reality of it if you put in the time and effort. JC is the believers mediator,, Other than that people are just blowing bubbles,
    people can believe as they wish,,, I just respond to these things because its my job as a christian to make sure the some of the bullshit round here doesn't stick and lead the good guys astray.. Ha ha!
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Did you do an extensive word study on the word " breath" and soul " ?
    I thought so.
    God can't fix things because he is a just God. It rains on the just and unjust alike. Adam transferred dominion over the earth to Satin because of the Fall. It had to be done or man could not be redeemed. Anyway II Corinthians 4:4 speaks of the "god "of this world, and because of which we now have sickness and death. Its really quite simple to see the reality of it if you put in the time and effort. JC is the believers mediator,, Other than that people are just blowing bubbles,
    people can believe as they wish,,, I just respond to these things because its my job as a christian to make sure the some of the bullshit round here doesn't stick and lead the good guys astray.. Ha ha!
    Pete
    According to some folks, he created the world/earth and all things. If he has that power, he could easily fix it with a wave of the hand. Isn't he supposed to come back and kill everything sometime? I am that guy in the bible that wanted to touch him. That would be me. Come show me, and I will believe, until then, sorry.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

  10. #50
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    According to some folks, he created the world/earth and all things. If he has that power, he could easily fix it with a wave of the hand. Isn't he supposed to come back and kill everything sometime? I am that guy in the bible that wanted to touch him. That would be me. Come show me, and I will believe, until then, sorry.
    The day will come when you will call for him and he will be there for you!

    I promise!

    PEACE!
    Last edited by road kill; 07-29-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •