The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with extra innings?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If one can not discern between innocent life (a baby) and someone that has violated the covenants of life/society, there in lies the real problem!
    RK...good point....when we try and think like progressives, the logic falls away! How many Catholics are Democrats? How can they support a party that stands for abortion? When Israel is attacked, why do we not see American Jews in the streets protesting the lack of support the USA is providing, let alone the 'support Obama gives to Islamic Countries'? Again, how can Jewish, be Democratic, do they just ignore what goes on with our long time Allie, Israel?

Seems the Democratic Party is the Party of anything goes, anything is ok, as long as you support the party.....??!!

In those States that do have Death Row, one could argue the Extra innings are the delays from appeals and time taken to follow through with an execution. To me that is cruel ... http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/time-death-row

10-20 years can pass before an execution takes place. Do these states really have the ability to provide a quick and speedy trial and a review of the facts in the case in a timely manner. The wheels of Justice move too slowly.

Why these states have not figured out a Firing Squad is humane and cheaper or it could also be done roboticaly by a machine gun with the press of a button worries me that we have poor leadership in our ranks. It's OK for our Military to kill the enemy with bullets, but we can't take the life of a murderer with one. Strange society we live in.

We have lived through botched electrocutions, botched lethal injections, botched hangings, but a bullet to the brain with a high powered round will cause no pain .. Death would be instantaneous. We treat animals more humane when we hunt.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    RK...good point....when we try and think like progressives, the logic falls away! How many Catholics are Democrats? How can they support a party that stands for abortion? When Israel is attacked, why do we not see American Jews in the streets protesting the lack of support the USA is providing, let alone the 'support Obama gives to Islamic Countries'? Again, how can Jewish, be Democratic, do they just ignore what goes on with our long time Allie, Israel?

Seems the Democratic Party is the Party of anything goes, anything is ok, as long as you support the party.....??!!

Start with Madame Pelosi....can you imagine how many Hail Mary's she has to recite at confessional
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Start with Madame Pelosi....can you imagine how many Hail Mary's she has to recite at confessional
    She always looks like her face got stuck right in the middle of saying one...!!!

If one can not discern between innocent life (a baby) and someone that has violated the covenants of life/society, there in lies the real problem!
    That is a pretty clear statement. A very good post !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Now we're back to when is it considered a life? You have to be a believer in that book, to buy the covenant thing. When is it a (baby). Your interpretation of when it's a life and mine are different. Neither is wrong, just our belief on the issue.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Now we're back to when is it considered a life? You have to be a believer in that book, to buy the covenant thing. When is it a (baby). Your interpretation of when it's a life and mine are different. Neither is wrong, just our belief on the issue.
    Actually one of them is quite wrong. One thesis ties logic straight back to a life creating event. The other defies all logic in that on some arbitrary day a blob of cells is suddenly life yet those that believe have no scientific tie to that event and most don't even agree on when it is.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    James....an area we really cannot debate, as we have different value beliefs, and thank God/Founding Fathers that we live in a country that allows us to believe whatever we want to believe. That I think we can agree on!

A person's support (or not) for the death penalty hinges mostly on three things:

1) Vengeance; there is no right or wrong answer ... everyone has their own feelings regarding seeing a criminal suffer for their actions, and we cannot logically argue with someone about those feelings.

2) Prevention; taking the life of a murderer certainly does prevent THAT person from murdering again.

3) Deterrence; you can only believe it is a deterrent to OTHERS' future crimes if you assume those people expect to be caught. I believe no one commits murder with the expectation of being caught, therefore I do not believe it to be a deterrent. (And I believe it is shown that some states with the highest rate of executions also have the highest rates of murder) Thus, if it is done, I see no reason for it not to be done humanely.

JMO

JS
    Last edited by JS; 07-27-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

The guy is dead. What's the problem? Did they have to pay someone overtime?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth