The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaza

image.jpg

It's detachment. As long as it don't bother your lifestyle, (ie. the border) then you can tell others what to do or how it should be done.

The calm before the storm mentality. However, this will likely be the case for the picture above.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 07-27-2014 at 07:10 PM.

1) civilians, 2) schools, 3) mosques........hmmmmm? i think these are oddly western descriptors in a conflict such as this!
    john mccallie

Don't forget ambulances. However, use them to transport rockets and it is open season.

Can't shoot Sandhill Cranes in Ohio but their route better not take them through North Dakota.

I really appreciate the RTF forum. Up to now I've been satisfied reading and learning from the RTF community. I did not think my 2nd post would be non retriever based. However, I want to throw my support behind Israel. They have my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by ev2163; 07-27-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Hopefully Israel can do what the USA currently does not have the BALLS to do.

The world will be a better place.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Obviously, these groups have been planning this offensive on Israel for some time. Wasn't it nice of the Israelis to give Gaza back to the Arabs in 2005?
    so we all are on our memory of a childhood playground.
    You have an Apple. It is a very nice Apple. Grown in your family's orchard.
    A Brand New Kid comes up and tries to take your apple. You and this
    bully fight on the playground for six days and in the end he takes your apple.
    And all the rest of the playground looks on and cheers for the bully.
    About 60 years go by and the bully gives you your apple back.
    But it is all dinged up and covered with bruises and soft spots.
    Would you say, "Gosh bully is sure is nice of you to give me my apple back."?

Devils advocate regards.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    If Mexico sent rockets into TX because they believe we "stole" TX from them, what would we do?
    Right now, today. If that happend.
    We would do nothing.
    Not a single gosh darn thing.
    Heck we can not even get that wrong turn with guns in the car serviceman back.
    We cannot secure our border.
    We cannot work with the mexican Gov.
    If they sent rockets in, in the morning OUR President would not do a blessed thing.
    Well, he might go fund raising.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Right now, today. If that happend.
    We would do nothing.
    Not a single gosh darn thing.
    Heck we can not even get that wrong turn with guns in the car serviceman back.
    We cannot secure our border.
    We cannot work with the mexican Gov.
    If they sent rockets in, in the morning OUR President would not do a blessed thing.
    Well, he might go fund raising.

Perhaps the feds wouldn't do anything, but our Gov. has already called up the national guard. I think they have jets and tanks and such if need be.

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so we all are on our memory of a childhood playground.
    You have an Apple. It is a very nice Apple. Grown in your family's orchard.
    A Brand New Kid comes up and tries to take your apple. You and this
    bully fight on the playground for six days and in the end he takes your apple.
    And all the rest of the playground looks on and cheers for the bully.
    About 60 years go by and the bully gives you your apple back.
    But it is all dinged up and covered with bruises and soft spots.
    Would you say, "Gosh bully is sure is nice of you to give me my apple back."?

Devils advocate regards.

That's an interesting take. If what I think I know is accurate, a fair proportion of the "displaced Palestinians" were not actually the owners of the land from which they were displaced. It is my understanding that much of the land was actually purchased by Jewish immigrants from absentee landlords. If that is true, then that apple you were holding actually belonged to the fellow who owned the land on which it was grown and you were only renting it. That bully of which you speak is actually the fellow who bought the orchard and when you and some of your friends decided you were going to take the orchard back, but failed, no longer wished to share the apples with you. Seems reasonable to me.

If any of ya'll interested in what is currently going on in Gaza get Netflix, I would recommend the documentary "The Case for Israel". If it is accurate, it certainly makes Israel look like the side on which we want to be.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Perhaps the feds wouldn't do anything, but our Gov. has already called up the national guard. I think they have jets and tanks and such if need be.

HPL
    in hindsight I bet you wish they had never let the Houston feller push that annexation of Texas to the United States vote so hard.
    One resident of a former independent republic to another