RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Northern Utah Retriever Club Trial

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  capflyfish 
#1 ·
Partial Qual Placements..

1) # 13
2) # 5
3) # 10

We had to leave early, sorry that's all I know of for now. The Open had not finished the 1st at 3pm when I was leaving.

#2 · (Edited)
disclaimer : this info was relayed to me from a couple of the participants

The Open was a triple; thrown LEFT (retired) - Right - Middle/Flyer....most of the field had trouble with the left retired bird resulting in many pick ups and handles...of the 42 starters only 21 were invited back for the land blind, I think they finished the second series but cell service only occurs when contestants come back to town some 20+ miles away, so that is unconfirmed

The trial is being held in the Uinta Mtns outside of Evanston WY.

#3 ·
the first series of the Amateur was a test similar to the first series of the Open, whether by design or coincidence ...both of my sources went out and are headed home....it was a short weekend

#4 · (Edited)
Alan Madsen won the Open, giving Mel his AFC. That's the only open result I know.

For the Am: 16 of 33 dogs (4 scratches) were called back to the land blind yesterday afternoon, but after about 1/2 of the dogs had done (or not done) it the test was scrapped and they then quit for the day.

Bon I saw your brother but did not get to say Hey.

#5 ·
Alan Madsen won the Open, giving Mel his AFC. That's the only open result I know.

For the Am: 16 of 33 dogs (4 scratches) were called back to the land blind yesterday afternoon, but after about 1/2 of the dogs had done (or not done) it the test was scrapped and they then quit for the day.

Bon I saw your brother but did not get to say Hey.
we are so very happy for Alan, he and Clint used to train together when Clint was practicing in the SLC area and have judged together in Montana...Mel is a good dog, its a shame he cant qualify him for the National Open this year since Alan is one of the judges but that Open win will go a long way toward trying to qualify him for next years NARC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.