The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US shutters embassy in Libya

Default US shutters embassy in Libya

Seems the Middle East is boiling over with fighting everywhere.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/26...a-as-security/
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Yeah, those new policies on the "reset" have worked wonders.......haven't they?
    Stan b & Elvis

44 magnum said: "Seems the Middle East is boiling over with fighting everywhere."

That's what they do over there. This is not news and it sure as hell shouldn't surprise anyone......

Involving ourselves in tribal wars that have been ongoing throughout recorded history over there is a no-win situation. I really have to wonder if we will ever figure that out.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    44 magnum said: "Seems the Middle East is boiling over with fighting everywhere."

That's what they do over there. This is not news and it sure as hell shouldn't surprise anyone......

Involving ourselves in tribal wars that have been ongoing throughout recorded history over there is a no-win situation. I really have to wonder if we will ever figure that out.-Paul
    Not as long as there is money to be made on wars

Newsfeed said that the last time the Libyan embassy had to be evacuated was when Gaddafi was toppled (with US help). Back to square one?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Makes one wonder if our CIA has caused all this destabilization to keep the factions going at each other VS hitting the USA... it is one way to keep the battle in the middle east.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Makes one wonder if our CIA has caused all this destabilization to keep the factions going at each other VS hitting the USA... it is one way to keep the battle in the middle east.
    Call me cynical, but with this administration, it seems like they would be more likely to let these guys hurt the USA ... except if it interferes with their own political agenda, i.e. losing them elections.

Between the duplicitousness and incompetence in this administration, it is difficult to discern which is at work in any given situation.

It appears the govt knew about the growing problem of the UACs for over a year, but were hoping to keep it under wraps until after Nov. 2014? Or are they glad it has snowballed now to impugn the Rs in those November elections? Duplicitousness and incompetence? The Ds are really going for the stretch with Pelosi equating these kids to baby Moses. One commentator aptly draws attention to the fact that Pharoah's family adopted Moses, and Moses later became the vehicle that brought 10 plagues to Pharoah's Egypt. The latter fact is not mentioned by Pelosi.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Is the agenda of the CIA ever part of any administration ? I think they take a larger picture then just the current administration. It's an organization that we can only wonder about. I really wonder how much of our International policies ever come from the POTUS. My guess is the CIA has more involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Is the agenda of the CIA ever part of any administration ? I think they take a larger picture then just the current administration. It's an organization that we can only wonder about. I really wonder how much of our International policies ever come from the POTUS. My guess is the CIA has more involvement.
    You could be right about that.

It is very scary to think that a very few people can operate outside the Constitution in this way without oversight. Maybe even scarier than Reid, since at least we have some idea what Reid is doing in the Senate.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Gas prices on their way down http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/07/...ndberg-survey/

All these people in Libya and Egypt are now free and we should all congratulate W. His mission was to makeeveryone get the taste of freedom to create peace.

The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world.
    You can't put democracy and freedom back into a box.
    There is only one force of history that can break the reign of hatred and resentment, and expose the pretensions of tyrants, and reward the hopes of the decent and tolerant, and that is the force of human freedom.
    Our goal instead is to help others find their own voice, attain their own freedom, and make their own way.
    Mission accomplished.