The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impeachment ...

[QUOTE=Gerry Clinchy;1241924]Zeus, there are nearly 200 bills passed by the House that Reid refuses to bring to the Senate floor. Most are R-sponsored bills, but about 30 of them are D-sponsored bills............................................. ..............
    /QUOTE]

50 of those bills were attempts to repeal the ACA which no Dem holding a majority leader's position is going to let fly. I don't know how many of the others are frivolous as trying to make every fourth Thursday as National Bow Tie Day, but there are probably some of those. Boehner is probably sitting on quite a few himself. Have you checked?

Politics was defined when I was taking Poli Sci courses (back in Ancient history) as being the art of compromise or as 'the Donald" would define it as "the art of the deal." The progress of the country moved forward on the strengths of these deals. Tip O'Neil was one of those house speakers that could cut a deal. Lydon Johnson was a master at it.
    So was Reagan to some degree.

My strongest image of Republican leaders is Bob Dole, on the night of the 1992 election, saying that he was going to make it as difficult as he could for the new POTUS and do everything in his power to make sure he was a one term president. The second image was of John Boehner, on election night 2002, parroting the same line in regard to Obama. Now these folks had no intention to play ball.

The infiltration of the Tea Baggers into Congress has made matters worse. They don't play well with others and they are not Yankee enough to know how to cut a deal. Yet, the Republicans expect Reid to roll over for their demands for total unconditional surrender.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Impeachment is nonsense.
    There are too many reasons to explain.

Concentrate on the Senate.

Start getting behind a guy that can hand Hillary her behind.
    It really shouldn't be all that hard to do!

Start picking the RIGHT fights and fight them to win!

KNUCKLHEADS!!!

BTW---The incremental secular progressives are the ones talking "impeachment" so they can gin them up some "WACISM!!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ok Gerry if SP is too impulsive to be a VP or Pres then how in the hell can she be the spokesperson for conservatives, she lacks the depth or the political chops to be my flag bearer, also as much of a lightning rod as she appears to be I dont want her as my point person..She certainly is NOT the face of the party
    Because we have found that there are enough low-info voters to make or break an election. SP gets to the soundbite level that the Ds use so well.

She has had some good insights that proved to be accurate, and she creates "passion" that almost no other R personality seems to be able to generate.

Even if one can't coach the team, they can still be a good cheerleader
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews
    Krauthammer's take on the impeachment thing is that it is a scam by the D's. By propagandizing that the Rs want to impeach Obama, it has been a fund-raising tool. Also, this tactic is getting the Rs to say that they have no intention of impeaching Obama, so Krauthammer further speculates that the D's may be laying the groundwork for Obama to get off scott free if he uses an executive order to legalize many millions of illegals. Legalizing millions would rise to the level of an impeachable offense.

The OP though was, how does one stop a President running roughshod over Congress and the Constitution. What does it take for Congress to react to being made "unnecessary" by a POTUS? Still no answer to that found here so far.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews
    Krauthammer's take on the impeachment thing is that it is a scam by the D's. By propagandizing that the Rs want to impeach Obama, it has been a fund-raising tool. Also, this tactic is getting the Rs to say that they have no intention of impeaching Obama, so Krauthammer further speculates that the D's may be laying the groundwork for Obama to get off scott free if he uses an executive order to legalize many millions of illegals. Legalizing millions would rise to the level of an impeachable offense.

The OP though was, how does one stop a President running roughshod over Congress and the Constitution. What does it take for Congress to react to being made "unnecessary" by a POTUS? Still no answer to that found here so far.
    the powers that be, behind BHO (he's not smart enough to think of this all by himself) have made a calculated risk..THEY will continue to have him use the office to further their agenda until the R's can capture the Senate..the recent SCOTUS rulings have gone a long way in opening up the soft underbelly of the ACA which is the only way to defeat it or capture the Pres and BOTH arms of Congress

Its still all a sucker play, basically a trap...BHO presses the envelope and dares the R's to stop him...

Right now if the elections were held next Tues the D's get routed and lose the Senate, they have no choice but to create controversy and demonize the R Party, its the hail mary play...

You stop the Pres by winning elections..plain and simple
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Republicans truly do believe we are dumb.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

But this still leaves open the question of this kind of thing happening again. There could be a Repub POTUS who becomes just as lawless. Would he use the same tactic to stop enforcing Obamacare?

This idea of a POTUS refusing to enforce certain laws or certain parts of laws should be a bi-partisan concern.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

From Breitbart:
    Obama's decision as to what, if any, executive action he might take is set to be announced "just weeks before Election Day" in November. What that decision is could be the pivotal factor in whether or not the Democrats retain control of the Senate for the final two years of Obama's second term.
    Hmm ... if he announced another amnesty just before the elections, why would he do that? Or does he intend to wait until just after the elections depending on their outcome?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    But this still leaves open the question of this kind of thing happening again. There could be a Repub POTUS who becomes just as lawless. Would he use the same tactic to stop enforcing Obamacare?

This idea of a POTUS refusing to enforce certain laws or certain parts of laws should be a bi-partisan concern.
    our form of govt with a separate Judicial- Legislative-Executive branches were made so no one body could run rampant in this country..if BHO tries to run amok over the Constitution then its up to the other two branches to stop him...Its up to US the electorate to vote them out of office if they dont..Elections do have their consequences
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the powers that be, behind BHO (he's not smart enough to think of this all by himself) have made a calculated risk..THEY will continue to have him use the office to further their agenda until the R's can capture the Senate..the recent SCOTUS rulings have gone a long way in opening up the soft underbelly of the ACA which is the only way to defeat it or capture the Pres and BOTH arms of Congress

Its still all a sucker play, basically a trap...BHO presses the envelope and dares the R's to stop him...

Right now if the elections were held next Tues the D's get routed and lose the Senate, they have no choice but to create controversy and demonize the R Party, its the hail mary play...

I wonder how many Dems will have him out there along side them to help get elected/re-elected?
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)