The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Americans really wish they had elected Mitt

  1. #1
    Senior Member schusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pawleys Island South Carolina
    Posts
    159

    Default Americans really wish they had elected Mitt

    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

  2. #2
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Elected Mitt for what? President of the Pat Boone Fan Club? CEO of the Move Your Golden Transport Service?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 07-28-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default

    That's not the question the Poll ask. All Presidents have had poor Poll approval numbers during their second term.

    Obama may be too detached from what is going on overseas, would Romney have made the mistake of getting us involved militarily?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That's not the question the Poll ask. All Presidents have had poor Poll approval numbers during their second term.

    Obama may be too detached from what is going on overseas, would Romney have made the mistake of getting us involved militarily?
    Bill Clinton's approval rating were in the high 60's leaving office, while Junior's was somewhere beneath bat guano after he sh*t all over our Country.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    976

    Default

    it is unfair to compare Obama to Bush. Bush may very well be the worst president in American history and not a good gauge by which to judge Obama's failures. Where as Romney may have done a better job than Obama, there is no doubt that Kerry would have been a star compared to his predecessor. Not because Kerry is a political genius (He is a terrible Secretary of State), but that any monkey in a suit would have made better decisions than Bush did.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    it is unfair to compare Obama to Bush. Bush may very well be the worst president in American history and not a good gauge by which to judge Obama's failures. Where as Romney may have done a better job than Obama, there is no doubt that Kerry would have been a star compared to his predecessor. Not because Kerry is a political genius (He is a terrible Secretary of State), but that any monkey in a suit would have made better decisions than Bush did.

    This discussion happened on this forum in a little bit of depth as your side still had Yardley (not the ultra lightweight lefty's that post here now),
    there were more moderates & some of the heavyweights from our side participated. You are entitled to your opinion, but when you manage to
    post it as you do, you remove all doubt as to whether what you say should carry any weight in a discussion.

    The gist of the conversation was: Bush Jr is/was at the time truly doing what he thought best for the country's future. He was easily swayed by
    the MSM. The people in his cabinet sucked & if you can't attract good departmental leaders you are in a world of hurt .

    If you truly believe what you posted above you are one very stupid person .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #7
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Mitt was just a better man for the job... He is an easy guy to bash because he is so laid back. He would have people in positions to manage the government, and not these clowns Obama has.

    And not just a better candadate... he is just a better human being then Obama. IMO
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  8. #8
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    This discussion happened on this forum in a little bit of depth as your side still had Yardley (not the ultra lightweight lefty's that post here now),
    there were more moderates & some of the heavyweights from our side participated. You are entitled to your opinion, but when you manage to
    post it as you do, you remove all doubt as to whether what you say should carry any weight in a discussion.

    The gist of the conversation was: Bush Jr is/was at the time truly doing what he thought best for the country's future. He was easily swayed by
    the MSM. The people in his cabinet sucked & if you can't attract good departmental leaders you are in a world of hurt .

    If you truly believe what you posted above you are one very stupid person .
    the point I was trying to get to is that it is unfair to use Bush as a measuring stick because he a catastrophic failure. If you want to offer a good defense for his presidency please do. However to judge all republicans by him is not fair, because he was really bad. I have in earlier posts have defended Bush for being very sincere and I absolutely believe he did what he thought was right, which goes to show how bad of a thought process he had. You can blame the people around Bush and he had some bad ones (he had some good ones too) but they all served at the pleasure of the president so there you go there also. I would also like to point out that Obama has some terrible people in key positions, but ultimately he is responsible for the things he is doing.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

  9. #9
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    the MSM.

    If you truly believe what you posted above you are one very stupid person .
    Marvin....with Henlee your last comment was the correct comment!

  10. #10
    Junior Member Cuttem''s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    it is unfair to compare Obama to Bush. Bush may very well be the worst president in American history and not a good gauge by which to judge Obama's failures. Where as Romney may have done a better job than Obama, there is no doubt that Kerry would have been a star compared to his predecessor. Not because Kerry is a political genius (He is a terrible Secretary of State), but that any monkey in a suit would have made better decisions than Bush did.
    ]

    I agree Bush made mistakes, but apparently yall don't remember who passed all the house bs that started the economic collapse. Um have you ever heard of fanny mae? Maybe freddy? Oh that's right bill Clinton passed the laws to make it easy for people that couldn't afford house's able to buy house's. What in the hell has Obama ever run? He was a community leader! He has no business since like Mitt does. This country is blind and full of idiots. How did Obama get voted back in after a disaster of 4 yrs. What did he do but spend money we don't have. Oh and your comment about Kerry has no premise. He can't take care of his job now. What makes him qualified to run this country? NOTHING
    Last edited by Cuttem'; 07-28-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •