The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Just another phony scandal, I'm sure

Default Just another phony scandal, I'm sure

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cent-firearms/

I really, really begin to wonder what it will take to make us realize that our govt has become too large to keep track of just about anything. Maybe their computer capabilities (hard- & software) are antiquated. Who's fault is that? The very bureaucracies who complain about the fact.

Try to convince me that those agencies' bureaucrats who bought new furniture could not have used money like that to buy better computers that were directly related to actually doing their jobs? If you've been in govt offices you've seen that furniture that never wears out. It's downright f-ugly stuff, but it is practically indestructible. Did they get new furniture because they "needed" it or because they "wanted" it? Were they using up last year's budget so that they wouldn't have their budget cut in the new fiscal year?

But this latest one is directly related to our national security.
    According to the report and an article in The Washington Times, the Pentagon has sent 747,000 weapons and auxiliary equipment, mostly small arms, to Afghan forces over the past decade. The paper reported that of the 474,823 serial numbers recorded in the tracking database, 203,888 -- approximately 43 percent -- had missing or duplicate information. The Times reported that auditors had discovered that 24,520 serial numbers were repeated at least once in the database, and 50, 304 serial numbers had no shipping or receiving dates recorded for them.

Jeffrey Brown, senior audit manager for SIGAR, told The Times that the agency has "no evidence" that the weapons have made their way to militant hotspots, such as neighboring Pakistan. However, he added, "That wasn’t really in the scope of our audit."

In response to the report, Michael J. Dumont, the deputy assistant secretary of defense for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia, told the paper that the department is moving to consolidate the two tracking systems in the hope that such a move will help eliminate discrepancies. The paper also reported that the Pentagon is considering making future transfers of weapons to Afghan forces contingent on inventory checks performed by Afghan soldiers.

The report describes the tracking system used by Afghanistan's military as a hybrid of paper documents, records written by hand, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.

Ryan Coles, another SIGAR auditor, told The Washington Times that the number of excess weapons is expected to increase after the military pulls its remaining troops out of Afghanistan.
    "All we're asking DOD to do is to work with the Afghan government to determine some sort of process to either destroy, demilitarize or otherwise recover excess weapons when the requirements start going down," he said.
    As with the VA, the more money we give to bureaucrats to spend for valid purposes, the more they lose or waste in the process. If a private company had a 43% error in its inventory, I'm sure the IRS would just overlook that? How many of these weapons are now being used to kill US military, or put those soldiers in the hands of the VA so they can be left to die there?

One can't blame any one administration for this crap. Every administration that has failed to have Inspector Generals keep track of the way our govt operates (or should we say fails to operate?), is responsible for the current mess in SO many agencies. And we haven't even looked at the DOE and most of the EPA yet (that I can recall); and we've only scratched the surface on others.

Cut out the waste, cut out programs like those that study sex workers in Brazil, and we might just have enough to equip every roof in the country with solar panels (for those who favor that) or build that "impossible" fence on the southern border (for those who favor that). Or we might just be able to cut taxes or help more poor people. The point is that this kind of malfeasance hurts EVERYone, regardless of what your "pet projects" are.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

And yet another
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/former-...solar-company/
    This solar contractor hired off-shore employees, instead of Americans ... hundreds of them; many without having proper immigration papers before they began work. They ignored OSHA regs, and also environmental concerns ... since they had the right political connections from Al Gore to Diane Feinstein to Salazar at EPA.

When you read of an oil spill in the CA desert ... it won't be from Canadian oil.

Why did all these projects go to foreign companies? Is the US so devoid of technology?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Key point here is if not for the News Wires....Obama would be absolutely unaware of 5 of the last 10 scandals.....and that is according to his press people....! Finally the Liberal Media is actually doing something good!!?? OR???