The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chewy.com

Local store has changed hands many times with high staff turnover. They have to special order PPP for me. It is more than $10 more per bag. I used to love the old store, but new owners have made life difficult. Chewy.com in contrast makes everything easier. I believe in going local, but not if they make you work harder!
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

Have been using Chewy for about 6 months now. I'm getting Dr. Tim's from them because it isn't available locally and no luck getting local stores to get it in. Their web site is first rate, you can edit your order at any time and haven't had a single issue in that regard. It takes 5 days for the regular delivery, which is a pain if I miscalculate. For some reason it always arrives on a Friday, and we are often gone by then to hunt tests, but that isn't really Chewy's fault. Not a single error on any of our orders so far.
    Pam
    HR Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

It does get here really fast in Virginia. One thing I have noticed, and it really hasn't been a problem, is that my dog food bags have been coming with small holes in them that I tape up. I have ordered four bags of dog food. At least three of them, maybe four (can't remember) had a small hole in the bag. Everything I have bought from them has been cheaper than what it is priced elsewhere.

I only buy my puppy weaning formula from them and I've had no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Spears View Post
    Not a single error on any of our orders so far.
    I had an error once. They sent some treats instead of something else I ordered. I sent them a note about the mistake and they told me to keep the treats or donate them to a shelter if I didn't want them and shipped what they didn't send immediately with no shipping.

Love Chewy.com ....great customer service and fast delivery.

In the North East a bunch of distributors were sold to one company... That meant my local Mom and Pop store had to wait two weeks for delivery on special orders... not having a large space to carry inventory I started to use Chewy and the prices were less expensive. yes the Mom and Pop got it cut out for them with Chewy's prices... pet Food is a big industry and Chewy is about the best doing business today in On-line retail.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I find chewy really useful for stuff I use occasionally. I don't want to hunt around for it locally, only to find somewhere a single dusty bag with an expired date, or else that the only source is the expensive pet boutique. I have been trying out Dr. Tim's and so far am impressed.

If I switch all of the dogs to Dr. Tim's I will get my great local feed store to stock it for me. Their prices on everything else are within a dollar of what's on chewy.com, their service is great, and they're a local institution.

Amy Dahl

Chewy.com is a great business model and I guess it's inevitable that most all brick and mortar stores will succumb to e-tailers with whom they can't compete. Eventually Amazon will perfect same day shipping and there will be no need to shop anywhere else. All of your community's money will be siphoned to one large corporate conglomerate that pays what few warehouse workers it has minimum wage or slightly higher. Allthough it is great for all to save a few bucks and "hassle", in the end it is bad for our communities and country as a whole. I don't mean to sound like a snob, please don't take it that way, I just have alot of friends in small business that I hate to see this happen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Captzig View Post
    Chewy.com is a great business model and I guess it's inevitable that most all brick and mortar stores will succumb to e-tailers with whom they can't compete. Eventually Amazon will perfect same day shipping and there will be no need to shop anywhere else. All of your community's money will be siphoned to one large corporate conglomerate that pays what few warehouse workers it has minimum wage or slightly higher. Allthough it is great for all to save a few bucks and "hassle", in the end it is bad for our communities and country as a whole. I don't mean to sound like a snob, please don't take it that way, I just have alot of friends in small business that I hate to see this happen to.
    I buy everything I possibly can on Amazon. There are better prices out there but their service is fantastic. How is it bad for the country? Why should I be forced to sacrifice the needs of my own business (and the workers it employs) because I have to take off early to buy some items from a store that closes at opens at 10:00 am and closes at 6:00 or 7:00 pm? If one is in the consumer business shouldn't one be looking to meet the customers' needs instead of asking the customers to adjust their needs to suit one's own preferences?

Thanks all