RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Thunder 100 vs Blank Pistol

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Justin Allen 
#1 ·
Any pros and cons on one versus the other, preferences, etc.?

#3 ·
The Thunder 100 is equivalent to the shotgun FT popper, much louder than any blank pistol. Also the Thunder 100 is cheaper to operate. Cons are related to toting the Thunder 100 around vs a pistol, but compared to toting a shotgun to shoot poppers I would choose the Thunder 100.

#4 ·
The thunder does not do well on long downwind marks. Not as well as the poppers anyway. We use the thunder in our club events but on long guns it is poppers only.

#6 ·
That is another option. I know a number of folks who tried them and a couple do prefer it. It has the main (and perhaps only) advantage of not looking like a gun, which helps when training on public park and such. However, it only hold one at a time and takes two hands to load, so it is a pain when you have one hand full of bird to throw, in my experience.

#14 ·
Good lord, you lose one training partners pistol and you never hear the end of it. Truthfully, that is part of the draw for me though, you could never lose those things. I liked the fact that it did not make my ears ring either--that was a nice difference in my pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.