The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Conservative or Liberal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That would also sound good and well except the brand is broken beyond repair.

The major problem is the narrow appeal. Where the Repubs can win in rural areas, they get trounced in the more populated areas. Nationally, the only demographic they win is white men over 55 years of age. Hard to win the White House with such a narrow appeal.

The future is with those willing to be Fiscally responsible and socially tolerant. That's the way the younger generations sees it. Unlike the Repubs or Teas, Libertarians are inclusive to all demographics. Among our ranks are people rejected by the Repubs/Teas such as women, Asians, black, gays, younger white. The Dems have the Hispanic and black vote wrapped up. I just don't see a future for the Repubs/Teas.
    Now I know you are in the radio business, because you are beginning to sound like a broken CD or endless loop tape...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Among our ranks are people rejected by the Repubs/Teas such as women, Asians, black, gays, younger white.
    If you truly believe the Repubs/Conservatives have rejected ANYONE, you have more "loop" then even I imagined……..have bow tie dude repeat that twenty times before beddy-bye time each night and you'll have him believing it also. Now……if you'd like to say Repubs/Conservatives (rank & file) have rejected liberal/progressive ideals……..then I'd agree.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    If you truly believe the Repubs/Conservatives have rejected ANYONE, you have more "loop" then even I imagined……..have bow tie dude repeat that twenty times before beddy-bye time each night and you'll have him believing it also. Now……if you'd like to say Repubs/Conservatives (rank & file) have rejected liberal/progressive ideals……..then I'd agree.
    Maybe "reject" wasn't a good word choice. "Very narrow and limited appeal" is a better choice of words.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Mary Lynn.....as you can see, our local Libertarian is an 'eternal optimist'....I keep reminding him that the one Senator they actually have in Congress ran for President the last two times, as a Republican....even he got it! But you have to admire Franco's enthusiasm... the big fear we all have is that the Libertarians actually get more than 3% of the vote in our National elections....that splits the votes away from Republican's....and the Democrats may win on that.....Ross Perot another third party candidate did this once before...I am sure that the Democrats will do all they can to help this happen....
    I admire his determination to change us all. But I also shake my head and wonder. He will figure it out in a few years of banging his head against a wall! Good luck Franco.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    I admire his determination to change us all. But I also shake my head and wonder. He will figure it out in a few years of banging his head against a wall! Good luck Franco.
    No head bangin here! I've made my cash and lived my life. I've done just about everything I've wanted in 63 years. I'm just trying to give back to my country.

Just remember, the only thing certain in life is death and change.

A photo from this weekend's Young Americans For Liberty Conference.

Got to love these young activist!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-04-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge