The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Field Trial world loses another good one. Ken Robbins RIP

My only contact with Mr Robbins was through an e-mail about the judging website -
    It was complimentary toward the thought that some traceable experience with dogs
    in the field would be helpful - RIP Mr Robbins

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Other than the joy of Anna the past few years could not have been been happy ones. He lost his wife to whom he was very close about 10 ears ago to cancer, ovarian I think, and she only lived a couple of months after she was diagnosed. I don't think Ken ever recovered from that and he virtually never went back into their home. Then he had some form of lung cancer a few ears back, had a solitary lung tumor removed and he seemed to regain his vitality. I saw him this spring and he was wearing an oxygen generator. He texted me prior to the National Amateur wishing me luck and again on being a Finalist. If there is a better final resting place I hope he is there with Anna and is wife.

Tim,

This is such sad news. I met Ken a long time ago when he was running HRC tests. I watched Anna absolutely crush that series at the national only to jump out as they were leaving the honor. Ken took it well. Rest In Peace Ken.

Janet
    JK'sboxofchocolates

SHR Diggs, Soul, Mooney and always HRCH Cinn SH 500 pt club (06/92 to 01/98), HR Rocks (09/99 to 05/04), HRCH UH Schooner SH 1000 pt club (11/95 to 11/07) and HRCH UH Wagars MH 1500 pt club (12/01 to 09/13).

This is so sad- I just read his obituary for Anna in the RN yesterday. Made me cry-.... now he's with his lovely girl again. They must have been a heck of a team....
    Rest in Peace , Ken .....
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Very sorry to hear of Kens passing. I feel fortunate to have known him and will mourn his passing. I thank God that I had the opportunity to speak with him just a couple of weeks ago. It made my day, heck it made my week!

Ken and Anna were a formidable team from their beginning days running HRC and AKC Hunt tests all the way through a fabulous field trial career. I can't remember how many AA points Anna had but it was in the neighborhood of 100 and they qualified for quite a few Nationals. One of Anna's offspring from her only breeding, KPR's Wet Willie, finished the 2014 National Amateur.

Ken was always happy to help out at a field trial. Despite having a prosthetic arm, Ken was a crack wingshot, always keeping his Ruger O/U in the truck in case he was needed.

Ken you will be missed!

Pete

Dave and I met Ken many years ago. He was running hunt test. We started training together. Anna and Ria(my dog) were 6 months old. I love the way Ken and Anna worked together. I know when he beloved Peggy died, Ken was lost. Ken is now at peace with Anna & Peggy. RIP Ken.
    Patti

HRCH UH Benton's Magnum Opus MH WC - Magnum (500 points) September 11, 1994 - May 9, 2007
    HRCH UH Fowl Play's Dust Devil - Dusty (500 points) February 5, 1998 - November 15, 2006
    HRCH UH Benton's Ria of Opus CGC - Ria (1520 points) March 2, 2002 - August 6, 2012 we miss you baby girl
    HRCH CH UR01 Go West Mamma's Last Nerve CGC RN- Emma (495 points and counting)
    HR GRCH Benton's Opus Pocket Change CGC- Penny (85 points - just getting started)

I stayed at Kens place this past March on a winter training trip. Very nice guy who always had a conversation for you and training advice when he saw something a little different. He was doing his best to have a facility to accommodate the snow birds. Only met him once but it was a great two weeks. RIP Ken you made your mark.
    canine n. Synonymous with courage, valor, trust, selflessness. If we learned to be half of what dogs are, the world would be a much better place

RIP Ken. Have fun again with Anna and your beloved wife.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Rip Mr Robbins. I met ken and peg when they were here in canqada to run the grand at hullett. During that trip they bought a little bkk female sired by FC AFC Jamie ,that they name Rosie. Through their training she became hrch Rosie MH. Rip Ken. You can finally see all your girls again.

Ken you will be missed. You and Anna were a hard team to beat. God Bless.

Rich Davis and the Gunners Up staff.
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!