The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A whistle and teeth thread

Default A whistle and teeth thread

I didn't want to highjack the whistle thread but for those of us older folk with the finest store bought teeth money can buy, did it change your whistle selection? I know in my case it;s a heck of a lot easier to blow the smaller Goinas and Foxes then it is to blow the megas. As for hollering backs and overs with the whistle in your mouth, that to has proven to be a challenge.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Bruce,

When I had Springers I always used an Acme Silent; it was a real tooth killer until I slipped a bit of soft plastic tube over the mouthpiece. Even then it was still dammed heavy after you'd had it stuck in your gob for eight hours. The Acme 210.5 is a joy by comparison, very light and comfortable. Best of all is the Acme 211.5 which is even smaller and lighter and very easy to have in your teeth whilst speaking; it's also louder which may or may not suit your requirements.

The season before last we had a chap out with an Acme Thunderer refs whistle; every time he blew it there were calls of "**** *** referee, that was never offside" or "that never went over the line you blind ******"!

Eug
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

Just purchased a couple fox 40 sonic blast whistles for that reason. They have a soft rubber cushion on the mouthpiece. So far I like them.

my dentures whistle all by themselves.
    john mccallie

On an unrelated note. This thread reminded me of my injury involving teeth and a whistle. Dog cam into front finish position and sat sloppily so lightly stepped on his foot to straighten it up he jumped up and hit the whistle in my mouth. Cracked my front tooth in half. Went to dentist the next day and had to have it shaved down and capped. Attached Pic is tooth shaved down and before cap $1000 later learned don't touch dog with whistle in your mouth
    Attached Images Attached Images